vhf Radio channel info please

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Strand WC
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.
Club VHF Licence: X112

vhf Radio channel info please

Post by GI Jane »

Hey Eric,
Could have asked this question in a PM, but thought that maybe other members with radio's may benefit from the answer as well....

My radios that I bought have, I think, already 9 programmed channels, when I got them... What are the different channels, and which one or ones am I meant to use. Have my one fitted in my hilux and the handheld which I take with for family in the other vehicle. Our last trip to Kruger wasn't sure which channel we were meant to use. Found on some of the channels there were other users, and was worried about creating interference.
Thanks....
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.

Re: vhf Radio channel info please

Post by GI Jane »

Actually, anyone who knows the answer to the question is welcome to answer.... thanks... maybe Cassie, Pieter, whomever?
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Hi Val,

You are a registered VHF radio user in the club, I have resent the letter of authorisation for the VHF channels directly to you from the club database. In essence, use ch 1 for calling someone then move over to any of the other 10 channels (there are 11 in total since the club obtained its own licence) and chat away!

Remember, the frequencies are also shared by other clubs as well as by people registered with ORRA, so only swap cake & ginger beer recipes and nothing that can be traced back to you! ;-)

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Thanks Eric,
Got the mail...

Return to “Open Discussion”