wierd traffic ...

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

wierd traffic ...

Post by ChrisF »

What a strange traffic day ....

First time ever that I have encountered consistent HEAVY traffic on a Saturday.

Busy with some renovations, so did multiple trips to the Kraaifontein dump, from Bellville. Both the Brackenfell and Okavango bridges over the N1 was crawling traffic from 9:30 to 15:00 .... :shock2: :naah: :o:

The last trip we idle along Frans Conradie, right on front of Bokradio when I ALMOST get rear ended by an ou-toppie in a new Merc. He keeps a 2cm gap between my trailer and the Merc .... Now note that I am doing just below 60km/h - I am towing a trailer afterall. And yes, I AM in the left lane. While keeping this insane short gap I see his bles, while he is looking down at his cellphone, AND drifting into the right lane ... his tires are OVER the dotted white lines ... he is oblivious to the car already in the right lane, and ever so slightly in front of him !! He jerks the wheel back into lane and gets a gap... Dankie tog, hy het wakker geskrik. We stop at the next robot, and he moves over to the right lane, behind the car he nearly side swiped. Past Hypermarket he is next to me and I see the ou-toppie is still busy with his phone ! We stop at the next robot ... and true as Bob he rolls into the car in front of him WHILE he is facing downward at the cellphone - right next to me while I watch him !! :slap: :thumbdown:

I pull over, walk up to the gent that got rear-ended and give him my details. His bumper will have to be replaced ....

I get back in the RAV and wait for a gap to get back in traffic as the robot turns green .... As I pull away the ou-toppie pops the clutch and makes a dash for it !!!!! :banned:

Not sure what speeds we reached, but I just know I was going through the gears fast .... Then he slows down for a fixed speed camera, and I get an opportunity to pop 2 quick photos before he speeds off again.

At least the victim has all the details he needs to go make a case. :thumbup:

Has to wonder why the ou-toppie raced away .... certainly looked the part for a new Merc. Under the influence ? Unauthorized trip ?
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Re: wierd traffic ...

Post by ChrisF »

Should add that my passanger handed me my phone from the back seat.

The Note 5 has a VERY handy function whereby you double tap the Home key while the phone is locked to quickly access the camera.
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

:o: ........... :crazy:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by ChrisF »

Mud Dog wrote::o: ........... :crazy:
that was my reaction when the ou-toppie raced away ... and then the adrenaline rush ... :slap:
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

The Note 5 has a VERY handy function whereby you double tap the Home key while the phone is locked to quickly access the camera.
Brilliant! Thanks for this Chris, I have just found out that this feature works with the Galaxy 7 as well! :thumbup:

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Return to “Open Discussion”