Logging-in advisable?

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
chopper

Logging-in advisable?

Post by chopper »

A senior (very senior?) and distinguished Forum member mentioned that I've been absent from the Forum - which is quite true (my apologies for that Eric :surrender: )
My question - I normally do not log in unless I wish to raise a new matter or respond to a Forum discussion. I do scan the Active Topics from time to time but do not require to log in for that - or is it advisable to log in every time I visit the Forum?
Your advice plse
Thank you
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Logging-in advisable?

Post by Mud Dog »

Hi Thinus, I wondered what happened to you. :D:

In response to your question, without logging in you will be able to see and read most of what's going on and as you say, you only need to log on to respond to a post or post a new thread. However, without logging on you won't be able to see the club section of the forum. Only once logged in does the software recognise you as a club member and open the club site to you. Any postings in the club site will also appear in "Active Topics" for an active member that is logged in.

You could set your PC the "Remember your password" when you log in again - that way it logs you in automatically each time you visit.

Hope this helps. :winkx:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

chopper wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:44 pm A senior (very senior?) and distinguished Forum member mentioned that I've been absent from the Forum - which is quite true (my apologies for that Eric :surrender: )
Good morning Thinus,

For a moment there, I thought you might be referring to me... I was shocked 'cos although I might be considered as "mature", I am not "very" senior. But then I read the part about being distinguished, so I realise you were referring to someone else, perhaps Andy... :siffler:

Good to see you on board once again, log in - it's more or less automatic if you save your username & password to your browser cache.

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

chopper

Post by chopper »

Thank you Andy and Eric!
I've tried doing that - the "remember me" bit but I have not been successful, might be doing something wrong?
Thank you for the input regarding access to the Club section - I was not aware of that
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Old distinguished man Eric wrote:For a moment there, I thought you might be referring to me... I was shocked 'cos although I might be considered as "mature", I am not "very" senior. But then I read the part about being distinguished, so I realise you were referring to someone else, perhaps Andy... :siffler:
Always the joker, hey! :laugh2:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

chopper wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:19 am Thank you Andy and Eric!
I've tried doing that - the "remember me" bit but I have not been successful, might be doing something wrong?
Thank you for the input regarding access to the Club section - I was not aware of that
Chopper, it seems to me you might be having a "senior moment". I now realise that the "distinguished senior member" was evident when you were looking into a mirror... :wave: :bye:

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

chopper

Post by chopper »

Hehehe!!

Return to “Open Discussion”