Hankook

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
louis fourie
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 2003 Hilux Raider Facelift D/C 3.0 KZTE
Club VHF Licence: X101

Hankook

Post by louis fourie »

I see that the Hankook Dynapro MT RT03 is available in 31x10.5x15 (currently on my Hilux) and also in 31x11.5x15. The latter is R500 cheaper at Errols Tyres. Will the wider tyres touch?

https://www.errolstyres.co.za/tyre/hank ... 05015QRT03

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Last edited by louis fourie on Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Hankook

Post by Mud Dog »

Not sure about the IFS, maybe the IFS guys can sat definitively, but you already have the 10.5 width on and the 11.5 is just an inch wider. That's just ½" on each side (about 13mm), so why not have a look how much clearance you currently have at the front wheels on full lock both ways, in front of and behind the wheels, on both inner and outer edges of the tread. The rear wheels shouldn't be a problem. You should get a pretty good idea. If you do a lot of sand driving the wider footprint at the cheaper price will be a bonus. Fuel economy will be a bit less though (more rolling resistance).
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Post by Thabogrobler »

it is probably cheaper due to the odd size?
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
Cheetah Drakie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 2.7i

Post by Cheetah Drakie »

I had BF 31 x 10.5 R15 on my IFS and they do touch on full lock. I don't know if wheel spacers would resolve that though?

Return to “Open Discussion”