Greetings Everyone !

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
2BWild Safaris
Town: Sandton
Vehicle: 2015 Hilux 2.5 D4D 4WD

Greetings Everyone !

Post by 2BWild Safaris »

Hi Everyone.

My wife Viv and I are new to the forum and look forward to participating and sharing our trip reports and news with you, as well as learning more about our “new” Hilux and its capabilities from you.

We acquired our 2015 Hilux 2.5 D4D last week and we're enjoying it immensely.
This is our “upgrade” from my trusty 1988 FJ62 Land Cruiser which we recently sold, as it was really becoming a bit heavy vehicle for me to manage WRT maintenance (as a senior citizen!) – even changing a wheel being quite a strenuous task.

So we opted for the Hilux and we're very impressed indeed.
Named “Wild Thing” in honour of Viv's personalised safari business!

We travel extensively to remote areas in southern Africa, undertaking roughly two trip a year.

Viv is director of 2BWild Safaris (commercial membership in due course). She is also an active Honorary Officer for North West Parks and is Secretary of the Honorary Officer Association of North West Parks. We are both passionate about our Rhino and are very active in doing all we can to save them.

I am an editor of two publications, and contribute to a number of others, mostly technical and wildlife related. Photography is one of my passions and I plan to share pics with you.

I am also active on 4x4 Community and was also on the LCCSA forum for many years.

One or two pics here, better ones to follow as we grow with the car!

Wishing you all an enjoyable, relaxing and safe festive season.

THE NEW - WILD THING
IMG-20171223-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20171223-WA0001.jpg
IMG_7519.jpg
Attachments
IMG_7150.jpg
FIRSTGEER
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: King WilliamsTown
Vehicle: 2,5 D4D Singlr Cab 4X4 Full OME suspension. snorkel.GMA aftermarket bullbar.
Club VHF Licence: HC 109

Re: Greetings Everyone !

Post by FIRSTGEER »

Howzit and welcome John and Viv to our Hilux Family and I' m sure you'll enjoy the banter and trips etc shared on the forum.
Also your outdoor knowledge which you guys can share with us will also be appreciated .
I currently also drive the 2,5 d4d which I have converted into a dedicated camper and find the vehicle to be very capable.Enjoy your new wheels. :thumbup:
2BWild Safaris
Town: Sandton
Vehicle: 2015 Hilux 2.5 D4D 4WD

Post by 2BWild Safaris »

Thank you for your kind words Tony, much appreciated.
I have goosebumps seeing that you're from KWT - as I spent my schooling days there at Dale - had a great deal of fun! And spent much time along the Wild Coast as well. Hope King is OK these days?
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Howsit John, good to see you here!

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Welcome aboard, John & Viv! :thumbup:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
FIRSTGEER
Town: King WilliamsTown
Vehicle: 2,5 D4D Singlr Cab 4X4 Full OME suspension. snorkel.GMA aftermarket bullbar.
Club VHF Licence: HC 109

Post by FIRSTGEER »

Hi John.KWT has changed like everywhere else has but there is still a nucleus of die- hards left here.The many eating establishments which KWT was renowned for,are all gone and have made way for the fast food outlets.
The old Victorian style town centre is no more,but KWT is still home to us and I find it very central to my bussines as I travel into the Tkei very often.
Dale has also lost its glory as the old traditions fall away year by year.

Return to “Open Discussion”