Toyota SA President promoted to key position

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
Niel
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Toyota SA President promoted to key position

Post by Niel »

Toyota SA President promoted to key position within Toyota Motor Corporation, Japan

Dr Johan van Zyl, President and CEO of Toyota SA, has become one of only five non-Japanese to be promoted to the position of Managing Officer within Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC).
Following a board meeting scheduled for June 2009 to confirm this appointment, Dr van Zyl will take office as Managing Officer, but will also remain President and CEO of Toyota SA. TMC has only 50 Managing Officers globally and this appointment essentially makes Dr van Zyl part of the company’s global management team, reporting to the TMC Board.
"I am extremely excited about this opportunity and although I’m sure I’ll be much busier, it is business as usual at Toyota SA and my commitment remains firmly with this company," he said.
He added that this promotion is truly a feather in the cap of Toyota South Africa as a whole and attributed his success to the company and the people that he has worked so closely with over the past decades. " he said
"I could not have achieved this kind of accolade without the consistent commitment and support of each and every Toyota SA employee, supplier and dealer. This company has had its difficulties, but we have always survived and exceeded expectations – truly a testament to the Toyota spirit, but also the South African spirit."
"An appointment of this nature is indeed a vote of confidence in South African management and I am proud that this could be achieved without my leaving the country, but remaining here to help build this great nation and company."
hentey
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: worcester
Vehicle: 2700i 4x4

Re: Toyota SA President promoted to key position

Post by hentey »

Good and congrats to you Dr van Zyl.Now please sort out the Fortuner dilemma ...........now........not later........now.

The whole of the Toyota family is watching you. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

"I could not have achieved this kind of accolade without the consistent commitment and support of each and every Toyota SA employee, supplier and dealer
Not to mention the car thieves that also prefer Toyotas ... must have contributed at least 20% to national sales. :cry:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

But what about the customers? If nobody bought Toyotas where would he be now? :oops: :oops:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
ToyX4
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Ottosdal
Vehicle: Rocky's

Post by ToyX4 »

Kaspaas wrote:But what about the customers? If nobody bought Toyotas where would he be now? :oops: :oops:
Stem Thys. Daarsit nou uit die perd se bek dat die kliente nie veel werd is vir Toyota nie :twisted:
ImageImage
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

Kaspaas wrote:But what about the customers? If nobody bought Toyotas where would he be now? :oops: :oops:
Naaar, everyone knows that Toyota's sell themselves :roll: :twisted:

Return to “Open Discussion”