First aid kit

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
hentey
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: worcester
Vehicle: 2700i 4x4

First aid kit

Post by hentey »

After reading Simoan's topic about loose animals in the road I started thinking,and with a shock I realized that I bought a lot of stuff (read camping and recovery gear)but I failed to buy a first aid kit.
I was just wondering,how many of you have made the same mistake?.........................Come on..........be honest.
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Re: First aid kit

Post by ThysdJ »

Shocking Hentey :twisted: :twisted: ... We always pack a little First Aid kit, mainly with stuff for cuts, bruises, insect bites, coughs, head-aches, sunburn and spuitpoep and other minor ailments. Then I also take the one from under the front seat of the BMW as a back-up, which mainly consists of bandages etc. But you are right, it is a very important and often neglected piece of kit. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
Scooter
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: JHB
Vehicle: '94 Raider, '05 Vigo 4.0 v6

Post by Scooter »

Actually it is one of the first things I bought and the first thing I make sure is stocked and in before going anywhere.

My latest kit is one from Dischem. It comes in a rucksack and has plenty space to add all the extras that they don't think of or that the family needs. We add allsorts, ranging from cough mixture to nebuliser inhalents (the laatie suffers from croup).

It goes on every trip with us. :thumbup:
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

The standard first aid kits have a few good stuff in.But open up the kit and then add some more stuff that you will need.
I burnt my finger in the Richtersveld and my standard kit did not have the burn ointment jelly cloth thingy. Thanks to Jaco for lending me his. Now I have a burn kit with my first aid kit.:thumbup:
O ja.Dont forget the Rennies
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Post by BenHur »

George

Raw egg white works very well for burns too.

I also have a bag in the Pajero and one in the trailer and always make sure I have an ample supply of celestamine as I am alergic to bee stings and my wife to certain food types.
Niel
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Post by Niel »

george wrote:I burnt my finger in the Richtersveld and my standard kit did not have the burn ointment jelly cloth thingy.
Dear George

Do not stick your fionger in the fire again :lol:

You should have asked. Burnshield is the best option and - I had in the kit... so I take it there will be no more fire pointing late in the early hours of the morning :roll:
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by george »

You should have asked. Burnshield is the best option and - I had in the kit... so I take it there will be no more fire pointing late in the early hours of the morning
Scary thing it happend during the day.I did not have any painkillers in my blood.
And that was when you stayed at the camp :roll:
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
Niel
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Post by Niel »

never stayed in the camp I could have asked the locals to get it too you :roll:

Die pain killers is mos n slow release :lol:
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

As a matter of habit I keep one in each vehicle .... never know when it will be needed. Glad Bennie mentioned and anti-histamine, essential when you have small kids, allergies, and of course for insect bites.
I must however be honest and say that although well stocked, I neglect to check regularly for expired stuff. Some stuff does'nt have a good shelf life, especially the snake bite serum.
Thanks for the reminder, Hentey! :thumbup: :wink:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Good advice. So let's compile a list of essentials to keep in a 1st Aid kit.

Do it on a "one item per line" basis.

Eg:

Elastoplast
Aspirin/Disprin/Pain Pills
Antiseptic (such as...?)
Triangular bandages
Anti-histamine
Burnshield
etc...

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Scorpion
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Emmarentia
Vehicle: 1988 Hilux 4x4 D/C with more attitude than Mike Tyson

Post by Scorpion »

I have to say that is also the first thing I always pack when going anywhere. I think having small children makes you think of these things first. But I thinmk it's a good idea to list what people tend take put in these. :thumbup:
1988 Hilex D/C 4x4 (Import spec), Lexus V8; Marlin Crawler; Custom Suspension: front and new 4 link in the rear; Disc Brake conversion rear; 35" Cooper STT tyres; Xenon lights; Custom bullbar;Next? Aircon; new front seats, redo the whole interior in nice soft leather, Respray, Double Lockers
1978 Land Cruiser HJ45
1971 Mercedes Benz 280S Automatic
2011 Land Cruiser 79 V6 (60th Anniversary Edition)
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Elastoplast
Aspirin/Disprin/Pain Pills
Antiseptic (such as...?)
Triangular bandages
Anti-histamine
Burnshield

Merthiolate (like mercurochrome only ten times better, but burns like hell)
Potassium permanganate (used as disinfectant for hands and feet, mainly skin problems like athletes foot etc)
Glycerine (add this to the potassium crystals and you have fire)
Germolene (antiseptic cream)
Chamberlains (for stomach cramps etc, far better than any pill)

Extra for the kids:
Stopayne
Panado Syrup (fevers)
Pectrolyte (tummy syrup)
Dilinct or other cough syrup

It helps to be prepared. When we took the laatie on his first KNP trip he got croup, due to the change in atmosphere (dryer air). We spent two days taking him to the KNP doctor to have him nebulised. We now take our own nebuliser with and also pack for the worst.
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."
2.8 d/cab SFA
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: Yamaha R1

Post by 2.8 d/cab SFA »

Adhesive Bandages
Adhesive Tape
Alcohol Preps
Anti-Diarrhea Tablets :lol:
Aspirin
Calamine lotion
Elastic Bandage
Emergency First-Aid Book
First Aid Cream
Gauze Pads
Gauze Roll
Betadine
Instant Cold Pack
Instant Heat Pack
Mouthwash
Prescription Medications
Razor Blade
Sanitary Pads
Scissors
Snake Bite Kit (in certain areas)
Splints
Tongue Depressors
Toothache Kit
Towelettes
Tweezers
John
Real Trucks Don't Have Sparkplugs!
ImageImage
Piesang
Town: Grabouw
Vehicle: '99 Hilux SRX d/c 4x4

Post by Piesang »

If I may in boere taal....

Ek het 'n produk SilwerIons wat ons ooral vat wat werk vir die volgende: brandwonde, sere, snyplekke, vel uitsag, sonbrand, ekseem, insekbyt, brand oë, hooikoors, omgekrapte maag, nappyrush en nog meer. Dit kom in 'n vloeistof wat jy kan drik of aanspuit (ek spuit dit in my oë en dit help vir hooikoors), in 'n gel wat kan aan gesneer word en ook vir die dames in 'n gesig room.

"Onderwerp julle dan aan God; weerstaan die duiwel, en hy sal van julle wegvlug." Jak 4:7
Irishman
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Saldanha
Vehicle: 1991 Hilux Double Cab

Post by Irishman »

Most of the stuff you have in your first aid box has expiry dates, but my chemist says that is only for legal reasons. The ointments don't stop working just becausei the date expires.
One very useful item is a packet of condoms, they have a million uses apart from the obvious. You can actually boil water in one.
"True story" During the second world war in North Africa the Hurricane squadrons were ordering condoms by the gross. As there were very few females of the opposite sex in the desert this was queried. They used them to slide over the cannon gun barrels to keep the sand out!
Ron.
lukestrugnell
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Vehicle: Fortuner
Club VHF Licence: M18

Post by lukestrugnell »

On my list for far away places:

1: Co-artem (Malaria treatment- use in conjunction with next item)
2: Malaria self test kits (I dont take pills and my plan is to test and treat with above, This is debated but best solution for me and reccomended by travel clinic, you can still dive this way!)
3: General anti-biotic (very usefull, used it on last trip with bad stomache bug, available at travel clinics cheap and well worth it!)
4: Decent bandages,I fined the ones supplied with kits are often useless in the event of a major trauma)
5: Re-hydrate! also very NB if you have bad stomache in hot areas (get lots)
6: Lots of different needles
7: Drip set- this can be used under the skin with minimal training in the event of really bad dehydration!

On the snake bite kit, I have been advised many times not to bother and in fact that it is very dangerous to use outside of a hospital. More people die from shock using these than from the bite itself!

Finally, for extended trips, a decent First Aid course! I have contacts that could do the EFR course cheap if anyone is interested. We could maybe get together for a day and do it? Think its R250 or there abouts!
Piesang

Post by Piesang »

Skok stok...

Ek het gehoor dat jy 'n slang en spinnekop byt daarmee kan behandel, hoe dit werk weet ek nie. Sal weerd die dvd kyk waar in daaroor gepraat word en meer inligting gee. Daar is blyk baar so groot verskeidinheid van lang teengif en jy noet die regte een vir die regte doel he as ek reg is.

"Onderwerp julle dan aan God; weerstaan die duiwel, en hy sal van julle wegvlug." Jak 4:7
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

Pieter, wat bedoel jy met "skok stok"? .... Iets soos 'n Tazer??

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Scorpion
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Scorpion »

Mud Dog wrote:Pieter, wat bedoel jy met "skok stok"? .... Iets soos 'n Tazer??
That's exactly what he means, Andy... :shock: Although I would rather have the snake bite me again, than try one of those to remedy the first bite! :shock: :wth:
1988 Hilex D/C 4x4 (Import spec), Lexus V8; Marlin Crawler; Custom Suspension: front and new 4 link in the rear; Disc Brake conversion rear; 35" Cooper STT tyres; Xenon lights; Custom bullbar;Next? Aircon; new front seats, redo the whole interior in nice soft leather, Respray, Double Lockers
1978 Land Cruiser HJ45
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

How on earth is that supposed to help!!?? .... Are you supposed to zap the snake for revenge, or what :?: :think:

hentey
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by hentey »

Vertel vir my ook asb! Waarvan praat julle manne nou.Is dit Tazer of Teazers? :wink:
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Well Hentey, if I had to make a choice .........
:wink:

hentey
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by hentey »

Mud Dog wrote:Well Hentey, if I had to make a choice .........
:wink:
Andy,live is about choices.............................and........................the consequinces of your choices. :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think:
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

True, and I wonder what choices Pieter was thinking of when he dropped this 'hot potato' about stun-gun therapy for snake bites? Was he perhaps thinking "I'll let them stew until I get back from Botswana"?

Wat sê jy, Pieter .... ons wag om te hoor! :P

BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

Mud Dog wrote:How on earth is that supposed to help!!?? .... Are you supposed to zap the snake for revenge, or what :?: :think:
No man jy shock die ou dan vrek hy van 'n hartaanval, dis gouer oor (minder suffering) as om te vrek van slangbyt :twisted: :twisted:
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Ek het gehoor dat jy 'n slang en spinnekop byt daarmee kan behandel
Well Ben, Pieter did say "behandel", so I suppose that is one way to "handle" it :D:

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

http://docsdetecting.com/docsplace/aoi/snakbite.html

http://www.herper.com/venom/electro.html

If you do a google search you will find plenty literature on this subject. Some say it works but most say its a load of hogwash.
Scorpion
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Scorpion »

I'll believe the latter!! :shock:
1978 Land Cruiser HJ45
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by george »

DITTO :shock:
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Right there with you. It seems logical to me that an electric shock cannot get rid of a liquide venom that has been injected into your skin and now flows in your blood stream. Surely if it stopped the venom it would stop your blood flow too.

Now maybe using a tazer for a heart attack victim would work better :wth: :shock: :lol:
lukestrugnell
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by lukestrugnell »

As a zoologist I will give my 2cw and no offence meant!

There are a lot of "cures" for snake bit, some very technical some very simple but in most cases it comes down to the fact that when a snake bites you it can decide how much venom to inject (in most cases). They are also not stupid and venom requires energy to make and thus it is a waste to use it on something that you cannot eat and hence get energy back.

Thus often when you are bitten by a snake the snake does not inject venom. You then have no idea and assume you are about to peg. People cut wounds, suck venom take vitamine C pills in excess and survive. This now become the cure! Meanwhile you would have survived in any case with nothing.

This is why there are so many cures and everyone swears by their cure!

So if bitten, bandage the wound as reccomended, dont cut it and do strange things.Keep as still as possible and get to hospital as soon as possible.

If you in the middle of nowhere and get really badly nailed by a mamba, ejoy your last hour and a half because there is no way you getting to a hospital in time if you were injected with venom!

The chances of the above are so slim however they hardly worth worring about.
Last year in my house in Alldays I had a large black mamba living in the roof for two weeks! No worries!
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Last year in my house in Alldays I had a large black mamba living in the roof for two weeks! No worries!
NO WORRIES !!!??? Sjoe! I don't fear snakes at all except THAT one! :D

lukestrugnell
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by lukestrugnell »

No you misunderstand....I FEARED it, it just didnt bother me at all! :D:
Scorpion
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Scorpion »

Now, Luke, THAT makes sense to me! I'm no expert, but I also don't believe in all these "cures". Thanks for explaining it and if I get bitten by a Black Mamba and someone brings a Tazer near me, I'll taze him and at least die laughing... :twisted:
1978 Land Cruiser HJ45
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Vanderbijlpark
Vehicle: 98 LTD Hilux 4x4 SFA, 2JZ GE L6 VVT-i 3.0i, Bilstein shox, OME and a Land Cruiser 79 series

Post by Spartan »

Daar in Musina se wereld se die manne as n mamba jou byt moet jy sorg dat jy in die koelte kom, n doeie ou lyk sleg as hy in die son le :twisted: :lol:
Ek ken n oom daar op Gemsbokvlakte wat gebyt was deur n swart Mamba en dit wel gemaak het, maar was dit nie vir die 2 vials serum wat die buurman gehad het nie was hy ook dalk weg dis waar ek gehoor het Bloemfontein is die grootste slang serum navorsings plek in die suidelike halfrond. Hulle het die oubaas eers Piet Plesie toe gevat en toe op Vryburg nog serum en van daaraf Bloem toe, maar n regte ou taai riem hy wat Mathys Cloete is. Ken die veld goed en stap n boesman moeg in die sand. Ek weet net van hom wat n swart mamba byt oorleef het, daar mag dalk nog wees maar hulle is min. Sal nog like om tesien wat maak die bakkie nou in die dik sand van die Kalaharie.
Baie dankie vir die topic ek is een wat nog so kit kort, vir snye gebruik ek super glue, dit seel die wond, stop die bloeding en hou ook die wond skoon en jy kom niks oor van dit nie, al baie gedoen.
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gertc
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: 3.0L Fortuner
Club VHF Licence: Xray05

Post by Gertc »

Super glue se jy! met my geluk plak ek my vinger oor di wond vas :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jy se jy weet net van die een ou wat die mamba oorleef het. ok van hoeveel weet jy wat dit nie gemaak het nie?
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

Spartan wrote: vir snye gebruik ek super glue, dit seel die wond, stop die bloeding en hou ook die wond skoon en jy kom niks oor van dit nie, al baie gedoen.
EK het paar jaar gelede saam met 'n ou gewerk wie se lewer (of sy milt of so iets( gebars het in 'n ongeluk. Die paramedics het die toe ook die ding geheg gekry met superglue tot by die hospitaal sodat hy nie dood sou bloei nie
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

EK het paar jaar gelede saam met 'n ou gewerk wie se lewer (of sy milt of so iets( gebars het in 'n ongeluk. Die paramedics het die toe ook die ding geheg gekry met superglue tot by die hospitaal sodat hy nie dood sou bloei nie
:shock: :shock: :wth:
I can imagine that it would work for a while but I hope those paramedics never find out about staple guns and woodwoking clamps :D:

ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

The medics in Vietnam started using superglue (or the then equivalent of the modern product) to close wounds and stop bleeding quickly and because they ran out of other stuff to do the job. A lot of lives were saved that way. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thys de Jager

Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

I messed up my index finger quite badly on a router and since I was working alone and quite a distance from a hospital I decided to go the super glue route.

I was able to reconstruct the end of my finger and stop the hectic bleeding quite quickly.

I never did get to the hospital and there's virtually no scaring on my finger. :D

One of best friends is a doctor and rekons that I saved myself a dozen stitches and a heap load in medical costs. However the risk of blood poisoning due to isocyonides in the glue is pretty hectic :o:
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Nice to know for the future :D

Scorpion
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Scorpion »

As far as I know "superglue" was developed for medical purposes and only later caught on as an all purpose glue. Now they make it from substadard products, but way back in the day it was suitable for treatment of wounds, etc.
1978 Land Cruiser HJ45
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Some years back (OK, maybe more than some :D ), Elastoplast made an aerosol product called "Spray-on-Skin", which worked damn well if you could stem the blood flow from a wound for about 20 secs which was all it needed for the spray film to cure. It was flexible, tough and could stretch. Have'nt seen it about for ages .... doubt they still make it. Pity.

Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: 98 LTD Hilux 4x4 SFA, 2JZ GE L6 VVT-i 3.0i, Bilstein shox, OME and a Land Cruiser 79 series

Post by Spartan »

Gertc wrote:ok van hoeveel weet jy wat dit nie gemaak het nie?
Jong het nie kans gekry om die ander te ontmoed wat dit nie gemaak het nie :lol: :lol: :lol:
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Spartan »

Dis nou bietjie van die topic af maar hulle reken in meeste ongelukke gaan die mense dood aan n blaas wat bars, nou hoe waar dit is weet ek nie. Ek sukkel altyd met die personeel om te loop pee voor ons ry. Nie lank terug nie het ek n tranedal gehad toe ons Bahrain toe gery het van Saudi af, en my dogter (9), het weer nie ore gehad nie soos die vroumense is en die toilet gemis. Nou wat maak jy as jy oor die causeway ry en daar is net see alkant, gelukkig is daar n McDonalds waar jy deur die duanne gaan. Maar dit het n goeie halfuur geneem voor ons daar gekom het, nou gaan dit baie beter. So skud die blaas uit voor jy ry dit kan noodlottig wees.
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Miskien moet jy eers gaan poep ook ...... :think: ... dit sal werklik 'n *a* storie wees as die derm ook bars .... :twisted: :D:

Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

This topic has gone straight down the toilet...

Anyone willing to stick a hand in and pull it out?

:lol:
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Anyone willing to stick a hand in and pull it out?
I .... I ..... I ... d..don't think so ..... not me ....
slink dog.jpg

Piesang

Post by Piesang »

Nou-ja siende dat ek julle so laat val het na skokstokke, ek het dit gehoor op 'n dvd van 'n creationis Nic Hooven (as ek sy naam reg het), ek het 'n stel van sy dvd's gekry en dit net begin kyk toe dit ge'hi-jack' is, sodra ek dit terug gekry het sal ek dit weer kyk en sê wat die ou sê.

Letwel die SilwerIons waarvan ek vertel het werk baie goed. Op ons Botswana trip het Rudi se laaitjie (amper 2 jaar oud) die trip beging met 'n slegte oolikgheid. Sy mondjie was vol sere en hy wou niks eet. Ek het vir Susan van die silwer gel gegee en sy het dit in die outjie se mond gesmeer en nie lank toe is die outjie weer aan die gang. Susan het self toe 'n koorsblaar gekry en net na 2 dae se aansmeer van die gel was die koorsblaar amper weg.

Ek self gebruik die vloeistof en spuit dit in my oë as ek erg hooikoors kry en dit help dadelik.

Fred79
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Kent UK
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux Icon 2.4

Post by Fred79 »

Ek dink dit is nogal baie belangerik dat die man en vrou in elke huis gesin 'n First Aid Course doen want jy kry baie fancy first aid kits maar nie almal weet hoe om dit reg te gebruik nie of hoe om die persoon te hanteer wat seer gekry het nie.

Ek weet nie hoe dit daar in SA werk nie maar hier in die UK kan jy 'n een dag basic course doen of die 4 dag course wat jou dan 'n profesionele first aider maak, jy moet elke jaar gaan vir 'n refresher training of ander verloor jy jou kwalifikasie.

Dis die geld werd!
Doctor V
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: Land Cruiser FJ62 3F

Post by Doctor V »

Ek het na al die jare se "hit and miss" my mediese tassie uitgesorteer. Ek koop sommer `n deurskynende tassie by Plastic Warehouse. eerste item wat ek insit is Burnshield sproei. Jy kry ook die geseelde gel-pakke, maar partykeer wil jy sommer net gebrande vinger red - spuit sommer op gaas en verbind wond. werk ook wonders vir Sonbrand. Tweedens sit ek ook een van die mond tot mond valves in. So ook handskoene. Maak mens effens meer gerrus. Maar as die nood druk is daar partykeer nie tyd vir dit nie.

Dan maar net die gewone lot pleisters, rekverbande, yspakke(vir die keer wat jy in die nag oor die tent se tou val en jou knie beseer). Waterdigte pleisters werk maar die beste

Pille - antihistamien werk wonders vir baie kwale. Valoid - iemand is altyd karsiek (maxilon is die alternatief en 99% deur hospitale gebruik - maak net seker iemand is nie allergies daarvoor nie.... soos ek!). Dan belangrike ene - vir daai keer wanneer jy die liedjie "when you're driving in your Chevy and your pants are feeling heavy, diarroeah,diarroeah!!" sing. :evil: Reuteri of Immodium Xtra strength Chewable stop hom in sy spore. Natuurlik met dit is dit belangrik om elektroliet in te neem so hou paar pakkies Rehidrat byderhand. Ook Mybulen vir die hoofpyn - wanneer jy son of KWV steek het! :stars:

Dan net laaste 2 items - Methialate wat die dinges uit jou brand - dit laat Merchurichrome lyk soos verdunde dettol water...!

Hardeware innie kissie - Skêr, haakspelde en ordentlike tweezer
'07 D4D Fortuner 4X4, OME with BF AT's
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by george »

Another great item that I have now is a good manual.
I use this one http://www.onboardpublications.co.za/1staid.html :thumbup:
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

Ek soek Bushman's Insect Repellent. Wie weet waar ek dit kan koop?
Thys de Jager

Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

ThysdJ wrote:Ek soek Bushman's Insect Repellent. Wie weet waar ek dit kan koop?
Hi Thys,

Which one exactly are you after?

Mr B :angel: :mrgreen:
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

FYI... found this via google on junkmail:

http://www.junkmail.co.za/v-johannesbur ... EdQX201048" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mr B
Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Pathfinder 2.5 LE AT
Club VHF Licence: X81

Post by Traveler »

Thys, ODW verkoop daai ene sien ek.

Van Zyl, my kissie met toerusting lyk ook min of meer soos joune. Ek het net ook Adco Dol, Menograine, Flamless, Lesspasm. Ons ry ook due Reuteri saam, maar hou dit in die yskas (aanbeveling van my apteker). Dan die gewone, Pectrolite, Rennies, Gaviscon, Valiod, Immodium, Voltaren (gewone en setpille), Stopayne stroop, Panado stroop, Medlemon, Sinumax en Disprin.

Van Burnshield het ons so twee van daai groot trauma bags en twee van die kleiner weergawes, en jy is reg daai sproei is 'n moet. Daai sproei werk ook wondere vir 'n baba met brandboude.

Om splinters uit te haal werk superglue wonders.

"Bomb-bandages", pleisters (hele verskeidenheid patrone), rol pleister, gaas, verbande, second skin, steri-strips, self adhesive bandage, druk verbande, gaas verbande, oogklappies, handskoene, valve vir CPR, plastiese splint, mediese spirits, elektroliete (Rehidrate) en duct tape.

As ek reg onthou is hierdie maar die belangrikste.

Know what you don't know.
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

Traveler wrote:Thys, ODW verkoop daai ene sien ek
Nie die simpel ODW hier by Willowbridge nie, hulle het nog nooit eers daarvan gehoor nie... Niel, wat gaan aan by jou winkel? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Thys de Jager

Doctor V
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: Land Cruiser FJ62 3F

Post by Doctor V »

verbeel my ek het daai by Safari Centre by N1 City gewaar Thys. of miskien was dit Cape Union Mart?
'07 D4D Fortuner 4X4, OME with BF AT's
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

Dankie Van, sal bietjie daar loop loer.. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thys de Jager

george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by george »

ThysdJ wrote:Dankie Van, sal bietjie daar loop loer.. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Maak sommer jou eie.'n Bokdrol gemeng met vet en pieppie smeer jou hele lyf vol en die insekte en mense bly ver weg van jou :yahoo:

Return to “Open Discussion”