Afk...k to bosbef...k were you in the army as well.........

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
SYRON CONVERSIONS
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Afk...k to bosbef...k were you in the army as well.........

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

An unpopular war, from afk...k to bosbef...k

whitesmoke.co.za Forum Index -> General - open forum
View previous topic :: View next topic
Tamboekie

Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:45 pm Post subject: An unpopular war, from afk...k to bosbef...k

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A mate of mine who sells FM and other types of radio's, he thinks he is also a "great Hunter" gave me this book, he says that it is a lot of bulls....t, however it says that it is The Voices of South African National Servicemen, if you were in this army or doing your National Service, I am sure that you will remember the bad and the great times that you experienced there, I was in this army during 1986 and 1987 it was for two whole years, first started off in Uppington, spent three weeks there, then was transferred to Potchestroom Breede Center, Equestiriaan (sp) for basics and then went up to SWA for 14 months, I was stationed in Otavi which was out main base, this was with The Special Forces known also as SWA SPEC. I was with the horses, motorbikes and dogs.

During this time in SWA I only came home twice, in fact it was three times, the last time was when I Klaared out.

Spending 14 months up in SWA was in fact tough at times, I moved around a lot, spending a few weeks at Rucano (sp) Rundo, Bushman's Land I think it was 203 batt, but I was in the bush camp with the Bushmen.

Spent a week down in Swakopmunt but basically on leave, as it was too far to come back to SA, well all that I can remember about Swakopmunt were The Ladies, and some red and white light house tower, however this time of my life was soon over and then it was a few army camps to do each year, actually ended up driving a buffel around some township most of the time as they dod not have a driver to do this.
Some snippets from this book are; DO YOU REMEMBER THESE TERMS.

G1K1, G4K-F...KED UP
Chef and blue eggs
Gyppoing
Boetie gaan border toe.
The States
Plaaslike Bevolking
Sout@iele and Dutchmen
Drill and Weapons
Oh my f....k
Under attack
Bosbef....k
Township patrol

Until 1994 all white male SA men were called up for National Service in the year that they turned 18, this could be deferred for a few years if the person was studying, but to avoid it meant a jail term, In the 1970's 80's and early 90's hundreds of thousands of young men served in this army.

The men that were interviewed in this book spoke honestly of the fear, boredom, loss, crying, drinking, fighting, of deep friendships and a yearning for the camaraderie they had then, The men spoke of the life in the army, aorforce and navy.Some were chefs, medics, Recces, storemen, drivers, parabats and lazy. (I remember if asked, never stand up or volenteer for anything, you normally ended up washing floors, polishing boots or their damn clothes.

It was the worst day of my life, I arrived on the troop train at The East London station, this train went from station to station and picked up conscripts all the way up, at every little siding there were guys waiting with their parents girlfriends and a battered little suitcase. You knew because of the list that you got from the army that every suit case contained a 2m length of chain, 2 padlocks, list of addresses, pack of envelopes, sheet of stamps and one big Croxley writing pad and 2 pens, oh yes a steam iron and a pic of your girlfriend, anyway I will read this book and I am sure that it will remind me of the good times and the bad that I had during my time in The Army.

A brief extract from G1K1 , G4K-F......up.

The physical inspection to determine your classification was held outdoors, we had to line up dressed in our army underpants (ladies watching this web site close your eyes) There were these long trestle tables in a L shape with about 10 or 15 doctors sitting at them, they were checking in our mouths, looking at our teeth, handling our goolies, for this they used a spoon, They's shove it at you, hold them and say cough, once you had been inspected, they would write on your back with a permanent Koki a big G1K1 or whatever, a G4K4 would make you a pen pusher, G5 would exempt you...........................

Do you remember what an Opf....k was? They used to make me run many a time to this distant tree, pick a few leaves and then run back, the G4K4'S had to stay in the bungalow and drink lots of water, in fact 13 liters in ten minutes or so, then you puked it up, they then made you leopard crawl through it in your uniform, some guy with the name of Andy lasted one week and managed to make himself G1K1 very quickly...........

Just think if only our son's had to go nowdays..................

Well share with us all your time that you spent while you were also in our Army. I still have stacks of stories to tell.............

Remember we all signed some letter stating about state secrets does this still stand?

This book was written by J.H. THOMPSON,
It was dedicated to Guy Sajer and the forgotten soldiers.
My email address is bigballs@vodamail.co.za now the term used here relating to BIG BALLS is because Black Powder guns use big balls to shoot and my Toyota Hilux 4x4 Truck has a set of nuggets hanging from the rear and they are not blue in color.

Sponsor

Display posts from previous: All Posts1 Day7 Days2 Weeks1 Month3 Months6 Months1 Year Oldest FirstNewest First

whitesmoke.co.za Forum Index -> General - open forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1
Stop watching this topic

Jump to: Select a forum Whitesmoke Forums - Black Powder Section----------------General - open forumRifles & Shotguns - members onlyPistols & Revolvers - members onlyAccoutrements - open forumEdged Weapons - open forumTechnical - members onlyBallistics Forum - members onlyCannon and Mortars - members onlyShoots and Venues - members onlyRecipies - open forum Smokeless Guns & Ammo----------------Historical Rifles and Handguns - open forumModern Rifles and Handguns - members onlyHandgun Hunting - members onlyAir rifles and pistols - open forumReloading - members only Bow Hunting----------------Compound Bows and equipment - members onlyTraditional Bows and equipment - members only Trophy Room----------------Trophy photos - open forumGeneral Photography - open forum Ask the PH----------------Ask the PH - members only Trading Post----------------For Sale (Private sales) - members onlyWanted (Private transactions) - members onlyTo Swop (Private transactions) - members only Shop Window - open forum----------------Classic Arms - open forumStollie Knives - open forumPretorius Bros Leather WorksGunsport ForumGarden Route Hunting Forum

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum