The BIG "C" watch it when you hit 37 onwards..

Medical forum
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: The BIG "C" watch it when you hit 37 onwards..

Post by Mud Dog »

An apple
a banana
a ¼ avocado
a slice of pawpaw ....

eaten daily will give you more than 90% of the vitamins and minerals that your body requires. Red meat should be consumed only twice a week with the balance being lean chicken and fish. Poached or soft boiled eggs are also a good source of protein. Eat plenty vegetables in variety ... a vegetarian meal once or twice a week is good. Use virgin pressed olive oil rather than sunflower oil. Drink plenty water ... avoid cold drinks after meals ... hot green tea is ideal. You are what you eat, but don't forget the exercise ... a brisk 2km walk ½ an hour after dinner is great with at least one cardio-vascular workout per week! ;-)

Now just to follow my own advice! :laugh2:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Re: The BIG "C" watch it when you hit 37 onwards..

Post by ChrisF »

Interesting knee jerk reaction ....

You have a family history of Colsterol, then got diagnose with it and now preach the gospil ...

My mom smoked 60 a day for 45 years and passed away due to her lungs and heart failing as a DIRECT result of her smoking (NO family history). As much as I want to, I will NOT preach to people ! IF they ask why I dont smoke I will give them a two liner about my mom and leave it there, unless they ask more.

My dad played rugby and lost both knee caps as a result - to this day I dont see the use of a game that causes such long term damage. Thus I never played rugby, dont even watch it. At the age of thirty I was diagnosed with severe arthritis. So even though I never played rugby I now still have buggered knees ... go figure.

For ME it is all about a BALANCE.

I happen to eat a balanced diet, avoiding excess fats, no skin on my chiken, etc. But I DO enjoy a piece of red meat, and the occasional biltong - in moderation.

Exercise - ALWAYS a good thing, again in moderation. Due to my buggered knees there is very little exercise I can do that actually raise my hart rate enough to assist in weight loss.

So YES, a "bad" livestyle MAY come back to haunt you, it probably will. BUT I doubt if it really helps to preach to people.

Return to “Medical forum”