Shingles

Medical forum
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Re: Shingles

Post by OOOOMS »

Yip Gary, my dad suffered and survived an attack 8 years ago where it attacked his right side of his face. Not nice at all, thankfully he recovered :thumbup:
dalkill
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Cape TOwn
Vehicle: 2.4 GD6 SR D/C 4x4

Post by dalkill »

I got it about 10 yrs ago.
I thought u only get it once and that it... :?:

remnant of the chicken pox apparently
2016 2.4GD6 SR D/C 4x4 (Oct 2022 - current) (Buraaq VI)
2007 d4d 3.0 D/C 4x4 (Mar 2016 - July 2022) (Buraaq V)
2003 Isuzu KB300 D/C 4x4 (May 2015 - Feb 2016) aka Buraaq IV
2000 hilux DC 2.7 4x4 (Jul 2011 - Sep 2012) aka Buraaq III
1999 RXI 20v (Nov 2009 - Jul 2011) aka Quicksilver
1990 hilux DC 2.2 4x4 (Jun 2008 - Jul 2011) aka Buraaq II
1997 corolla 160i GLE (Feb 2007 - Sep 2009) aka Green Goblin
1990 GLI twincam (still my fav rolla) (Oct 2005 - Mar 2007) aka Wit Blitz
Golf GTI 2.0 (temp insanity for 2months) (Jun 2005 - Aug 2005) aka A mistake
1993 hilux SC 2.2 4x4 (April 2003 - Sept 2005) aka Buraaq

TOYOTA IS MY LEWE
Hilux 1
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2011 Raider 4x4 Double cab 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC137

Post by Hilux 1 »

Shaakir, it is infact HERPIS, related to fever blisters. so it is recurrent. same as fever blisters, when the immune system is run down a bit it surface. or at least that how my feverblisters work.

Also just my knowledge, hope it is correct? Where is the DOCTORS?
cprinsloo
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: 1998 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: X52

Post by cprinsloo »

Shingles = Gordelroos (Afr). Related to herpes but not the same. Remnant of chickenpox. I've heard it's like being burnt. I'm not a dr, but wiki says:

Herpes zosterFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Redirected from Shingles)
Jump to: navigation, search
"Zoster" redirects here. For the ancient Greek article of dress, see Zoster (costume).
"Shingles" redirects here. For other uses, see Shingle (disambiguation).
Herpes zoster
Classification and external resources

Herpes zoster blisters on the neck and shoulder

Herpes zoster (or simply zoster), commonly known as shingles and also known as zona, is a viral disease characterized by a painful skin rash with blisters in a limited area on one side of the body, often in a stripe. The initial infection with varicella zoster virus (VZV) causes the acute (short-lived) illness chickenpox which generally occurs in children and young people. Once an episode of chickenpox has resolved, the virus is not eliminated from the body but can go on to cause shingles—an illness with very different symptoms—often many years after the initial infection. Despite the similarity of name, herpes zoster is not the same disease as herpes simplex, although both the varicella zoster virus and herpes simplex virus belong to the same viral subfamily (Alphaherpesvirinae).

Varicella zoster virus can become latent in the nerve cell bodies and less frequently in non-neuronal satellite cells of dorsal root, cranial nerve or autonomic ganglion,[1] without causing any symptoms.[2] Years or decades after a chickenpox infection, the virus may break out of nerve cell bodies and travel down nerve axons to cause viral infection of the skin in the region of the nerve. The virus may spread from one or more ganglia along nerves of an affected segment and infect the corresponding dermatome (an area of skin supplied by one spinal nerve) causing a painful rash.[3][4] Although the rash usually heals within two to four weeks, some sufferers experience residual nerve pain for months or years, a condition called postherpetic neuralgia. Exactly how the virus remains latent in the body, and subsequently re-activates is not understood.[1]
1998 Hilux D/C Lexus VVTi

Return to “Medical forum”