Nosoob 4x4 Echo Trail

Need some information for an upcoming trip or have questions about a camping site, etc, ask it here.
Rollercoaster639
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Bethal MP
Vehicle: Hilux 2.8 4x4 AT extended cab.
Club VHF Licence: X84

Nosoob 4x4 Echo Trail

Post by Rollercoaster639 »

We will be doing the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park Nosoob 4x4 Echo Trail starting on the Monday 19 January 2015. See all the details here:
http://www.sanparks.org/parks/kgalagadi ... sob4x4.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

We are already two vehicles who have paid so the trip is on. This post is for the people that can never get someone to go with them and hence cannot do this trip. To anyone that would like to join you would be more than welcome. This trip starts at Nosoob and comes down to TwoRivers.

Feel free to contact me if you need any other info. We have also booked the night before and the night the trail ends at the park as well.

Barry
Shumba138
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Villeurbanne
Vehicle: None

Re: Nosoob 4x4 Echo Trail

Post by Shumba138 »

Hi there,

We are 3 in one vehicle are are planning to drive the trail in October, either on the 18th or the 26th, but we can't book on our own... Is there anyone driving the trail on these dates who wouldn't mind having an extra car driving along?
Thanks!!

Steph
Mountain Man
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: South Africa
Vehicle: Land Cruiser 79 Series 4.5 EFi

Post by Mountain Man »

By the way, the north to south route (Nossob to Twee Rivier) is easier then the south to north route (Twee Rivier to Nossob) due to the way the prevailing wind shapes the dunes.
Just because it says "4WD" doesn't make it an off-road vehicle.
Shumba138
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by Shumba138 »

Ok thanks for the info. However, I hope we can start from Twee Rivieren as Nossob is already fully booked, we won't be able to spend a night there... Spending nights in the Kgalagadi is getting difficult these days!
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

Stephanie due to my work it is just not possible to book a year in advance .... thus we have not been able to go there for a few years now .... :(
Shumba138
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by Shumba138 »

Yeah same here, it's so frustrating, even more because I work next door in the Kuruman River Reserve and I can't enjoy the park...

Return to “Route Planning questions/discussions”