2 Rivers - Giyani - 20th July 2017

Need some information for an upcoming trip or have questions about a camping site, etc, ask it here.
Yo-Yo
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC 306

2 Rivers - Giyani - 20th July 2017

Post by Yo-Yo »

Nearly time to go 4x4ing, relax and drive some Thick sand.

Pack Your Camping gear and come experience Thick sand and some tight turns.
After this trip (with added training thrown in) Sand will never be your nemesis again.

Meeting Point –
On the N1 South– Pietersburg Highway , Total Petroport Panorama Garage (other side Pretoria) Bridge over highway, the one which roof fell down recently.
At 09h30 for 10h00.

2 Rivers Trip

Date :- …20th to 24th July 2017

Only R 850.00 per vehicle

All makes and Models of 4x4 welcome

It is nearly time to go on our weekend trip to the dry Letabo River near Phalaborwa.

Giyani which is roughly a 6 hour drive to our overnight spot, is warm to hot during the day, however it does get chilly at night.
This is a Self Sufficient event, and you need to bring everything with.

Depart Jhb the first day, Thursday at meeting point around 10h00 and return the morning of the last day Monday morning – 4 nights of awesome camping, and 3 days of amazing Dry, soft sand river bed driving.

-What you need-
• Recovery points on your vehicle (nothing serious-just hooking points front and rear ) Doubt it will be needed.
• Recovery Gear – if you do not have – don’t panic, I will have and will assist with equipment
• Tyre gauge- Air pump is not necessary, as we pump up at a garage again.
• Tent (remember we sleep each night at a different spot –so its pack up every morning and set up every afternoon)
• Sleeping stuff- Stretcher, sleeping bag, pillow and a light blanket (it could get chilly at night, in the river bed)
• Toiletries – there is no ablutions – bring necessary (spade and white gold) TOWEL and Toilet chair.
• WATER – basin or electric shower for washing (shower cubicle if you want)-
• Camp chair
• Small table – not serious if you don’t have.
• Lighting – torch (head torch)
• Personal medication – (heart pills, creams, gout pills, headache pills, anti-histamine, lip ice, ventilators, etc. etc. etc etc.)
• Liquid refreshments- it can get hot during the day – possible 38 Degrees during the day hottest temp.
• Food – (you obviously sorting out your own menu- Bring plate, mug for your coffee etc. etc.) Gas – skottell – Note – I will bring braai and braai grills, charcoal with, so no need for you to bring those.
• Snacks as per your choice during drive
• Camera
• Axe or saw (not essential) – The smart ones can bring a chain saw.
• Sense of Humour
• A OLD tow rope , You need to collect and tow wood for the fire -
There is a lot of drift wood in the area, we will collect every afternoon for camp fire, and use coals for braai. Breakfast will be either in the morning, or dependant on feelings, a stop for a brunch breakfast.
Fuel – if you feel uncomfortable not having spare fuel, bring 20L, but it’s a good chance you will take it home again- we top up in Giyani on arrival, and when we exit the river, top again in Giyani (for safety sake) do the next 2 nights, and then top up again in Tzaneen for the road home.
I will have a kettle with boiling water every evening and morning for coffee. (no rush in the morning – relaxed departure)
I Will also bring the braai stands and make braai fires for you.
There are a lot of thingies that are nice to take.......But, anything else is just details….keep it simple.
We do stop at the SPAR and Tops in Giyani on the way in for supplies, ice etc, and then a second stop on the 3rd day, as we make our way to the second river.
Let me know if I can assist with anything, before you rush out and buy.
Jhb to Giyani – 450km
Off road trip – 200km
Tzaneen to Jhb – 450km --- TOTAL distance 1100km
Toll gates – (E tag works- or R144.00 each way – TOTAL R 288.00)

Kyk n bietjie hier van voerige 2 River Trips.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/unitrans4x4 ... 1175884094

Visit Album and see various previous trips to 2 Rivers

• Attached is a registration form to be filled in please. ( tryeo@um.co.za)
• A deposit or full payment confirms Your place.
Hot and Sweaty -- Nice if you with a Lady---BAD if you in the Jungle.

Return to “Route Planning questions/discussions”