Photographs of and Photographers in Worcester needed

Being out in nature you just canot help taking photographs. All of us aren't professional photographers so don't be shy to show of your pictures here. Ask questions on how to improve your photography or what camera to buy. Somebody will be able to assist you.
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Photographs of and Photographers in Worcester needed

Post by pietpetoors »

I received this interesting email from a gent in the UK.
Hentey you guys, do you know about a photography club in Worcester?

They need interesting photographs of the town.
Read the email it is a very interesting project.
Hello Pieter,

I have an enquiry and I wonder if you can help please?

I’m a Fellow of the Royal Photographic Society here in the UK and amongst other activities, I’m a committee member of the Worcestershire Camera Club here in Worcester.

We have a project which will feature photos of our city and its immediate environment which will eventually result in a book being published. The project will begin in September and run for one year. The idea is to illustrate the many aspects of Worcester and it will complement a similar project, which also culminated as a book, in 2002. This time we would like to widen our field of activity and include a feature about other Worcester’s in the world. For example there’s a Worcester in the USA and also in Australia and, of course, Worcester, South Africa.
I looked at the listing of clubs on your site and the town of Worcester isn’t listed. I guess therefore that either there’s not an active photo club there or if there is, it doesn’t belong to your federation. It may, of course, appear under another heading or town that I wouldn’t be aware of.

I’m contacting you because right now I have no other method of trying to establish contact with either a photo club or group of enthusiasts in Worcester SA. The idea being that club members / photographers could send some images of Worcester SA for inclusion in the publication and share in the project.

I must point out that this is not a commercial venture and that it’s being undertaken by a group of enthusiasts for others to enjoy. There will also be a website associated with the project too.

I don’t wish to occupy too much of your time so I wonder if you would have any contacts in Worcester SA or know of an approach I can make to stimulate interest in the project we’re undertaking.

On another matter, I notice that ‘links’ can be added to your website. If you care to click on the http://www.crhfoto.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; link below, this will access my website which contains many pages and a whole section about DI Photography and Photoshop ‘Know-How’ which your membership may find useful. Please take a look and let me know what you think. If it’s OK, a link could be added.

I look forward to hearing from you.

With all very best wishes.
Clive.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
hentey
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: worcester
Vehicle: 2700i 4x4

Re: Photographs of and Photographers in Worcester needed

Post by hentey »

Hallo Pieter
Jammer om nou eers te reageer maar ek het vandag na n lang tyd op die forum ingegaan.Ek weet nie van fotograwe of verenigings op Worcester nie maar ek sal my ore op die grond hou en laat weet indien ek iets hoor.

Return to “Photography”