Nikon Beginners Lenses

Being out in nature you just canot help taking photographs. All of us aren't professional photographers so don't be shy to show of your pictures here. Ask questions on how to improve your photography or what camera to buy. Somebody will be able to assist you.
Rieks
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Outjo
Vehicle: 3.0 D4D

Nikon Beginners Lenses

Post by Rieks »

A friend of mine was very generous to sell to me a Nikon D80 for nothing. But I got no lenses with it.

I had a look at lenses Oh my Word! My question is where to start (and not too expensive! - I can't take afford another bond)

I was thinking of a 18-200 VR lens. Is this a good beginning?

As I'm a beginner - I guess most photies will be of the Lux, the Kids and where ever the Lux takes me - scenery and Wild Life!!
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Re: Nikon Beginners Lenses

Post by george »

I am also a novice,but I while back I took some photos with the 18-200mm lens and man o man that was awsome :thumbup:
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
Dodging
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: Golof

Post by Dodging »

Hey Rian

The 18-200 is a very nice lens for everyday use - no need to swop lenses the whole time due to the zoom range. Personally I'd rather start off by getting a nice 2nd hand 18-105 (you get 'em for around R2000) and a 2nd hand 70-300 VR (Normally between R3000 and R4000), and either a 35mm f1.8 or 50mm f1.8 (I'd rather get the 35mm because the 50 is sometimes too long. These 3 lenses will work out cheaper than a new 18-200, and you'd be able to shoot near anything short of birds in flight
Nothing is impossible - it just costs more
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

go have a look at the Outdoorphoto website.

Amongst others, they also sell 2nd hand lenses. You can actually go in, with your current body, and they will help you find some lenses for your needs.

Popular lenses are expensive ... which means there are loads of other lenses taking up rack space. These lenses will make great starter lenses.

Return to “Photography”