5D Mk 3 and 1DX - getting the best out of the new focus

Being out in nature you just canot help taking photographs. All of us aren't professional photographers so don't be shy to show of your pictures here. Ask questions on how to improve your photography or what camera to buy. Somebody will be able to assist you.
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

5D Mk 3 and 1DX - getting the best out of the new focus

Post by ChrisF »

SURE many of the 5D Mk3 owners on this site will find this helpfull:

http://www.grantatkinson.com/blog/makin ... k3-and-1dx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Strand WC
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.
Club VHF Licence: X112

Re: 5D Mk 3 and 1DX - getting the best out of the new focus

Post by GI Jane »

Thanks Chris, have it.... Have now got to tackle some new manuals... 600 EX RT flash and ST E3 radio flash transmitter, and work through it all before, sat... and of course I luuuuuv reading all those technical manuals.. in fact if you have time, won't you download the 600 EX RT flash manual read it quick, and then give me a short summary on how to use it by sat... :surrender: :surrender: :surrender: Just teasing... uugghh!!!!
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Re: 5D Mk 3 and 1DX - getting the best out of the new focus

Post by ChrisF »

Val we had supper with Grant last night.

MAN he knows his way around a camera !!!!

He is now busy with a write up on 5D Mk3, in addition to the focussing article. HOPE he gets it done now, Mid February he is heading out to North Botswana as a photographic tour guide .....

600EX ... appart from the radio transmitter I do believe it is similar to my 580EX .... you want to pop over for a session ??

can take you through:
Sync speed,
first and second curtain,
ETTL and M settings,
flash for fill light in the day
using "gels" for creative lighting, etc ...

have not played with second curtain flash, though it is easy enough.

I have a set of Pocket Wizard remotes .... so you will still have to read the ST manual ... :tease: :surrender:

Return to “Photography”