Best reason to join 4x4Community forum .....

Being out in nature you just canot help taking photographs. All of us aren't professional photographers so don't be shy to show of your pictures here. Ask questions on how to improve your photography or what camera to buy. Somebody will be able to assist you.
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Best reason to join 4x4Community forum .....

Post by ChrisF »

http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/sho ... p?t=137872" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Re: Best reason to join 4x4Community forum .....

Post by ChrisF »

Grant Atkinson will be hosting a 5-day workshop with us in The Chobe 8-12 May 2013.

We would like to offer all 4x4 community members a 10% discount on the published rate if booked before the end of February 2013.

Why not incorporate the safari into an extended road trip through beautiful Botswana?

Please make sure you mention the forum in your enquiry to qualify for the discount.

Price R12,900 per person sharing now becomes R11,610.

(single supplement - R1500)

The details of the safari are as follows.

Pangolin is delighted to announce the first workshop of 2013 with top photographic guide Grant Atkinson. Many of you will have heard of Grant though his extensive online social networks and activity on blogs and forums but what you wont know is what a joy it is to be photographing in the field with someone of Grant’s caliber.

Grant has guided for many years in Botswana and captured some truly memorable images some of which you can see here. We are confident that even the most accomplished photographer joining this safari will leave feeling that their photography has gone to another level thanks to Grants easy yet comprehensive teaching style.

The Chobe has an extraordinary number of subjects that call its banks and forests home and the population sizes are quite staggering meaning that clients will have an above average number of opportunities to practice their photo skills.

We will be staying at Water Lilly Lodge on the banks of the Chobe. This small owner-managed lodge has lovely spacious en-suite rooms, delicious food, a training room for our afternoon workshops and is a stones throw from the entrances to the park. More importantly it is well priced thus making this workshop very affordable and great value.

Spaces are limited to a maximum of eight people per workshop so book soon to avoid disappointment. Photographers of all levels of expereience are welcome.

What to expect from Grant….in his own words.
“I am first and foremost a guide, and also a photographer. On safari, I seek out quality sightings, and those are often the type of sightings that offer the best photo opportunities too.

I like spending time in sightings, and allowing things to happen,rather than rushing from one thing to the next. It is important that you are comfortable with using your gear effectively, for the style of shooting that we do on safari, and I often end up working with participants to better understand their equipment, and set it up well.

During those times when we are not in the field, I spend time with my groups reviewing images, discussing and refining processing techniques, and also working on camera techniques.

When it comes to processing, I am most comfortable working in Adobe Photoshop, Camera Raw and Adobe Lightroom.

It is most important to me, that at the end of the photo safari, you take away images that you happy with. It is equally important, that your wildlife photography skills grow as a result of having spent time in the field with me.

Working as a full-time guide in Botswana for twelve years, and guiding and travelling for wildlife in places like Namibia, South Africa,India and the Galapagos has given me much exposure to wild animals.

I try to share this experience, and the benefits it can bring, with participants on my photographic safaris. Anticipation is just one of the ways that this can happen, and I am always looking for opportunities to anticipate animal behaviour before it happens, in order for us to be better prepared for those moments as photographers.

I hope to see you on the Chobe soon.”

Price: R12,900 per person sharing (R1500 single supplement)

To book email Mandy directly on mandy@pangolinphoto.com or call her during office hours on 021 461 2941

Included:
4 nights Water Lilly Lodge (Dinner bed and Breakfast)
8 games activities (Photo Boat/Unimog
Photography Workshop with Grant Atkinson
Park fees
Refreshments during activities
Transfers as per itinerary
Excluded:

Transport to and from Kasane
Lunch (snacks available at the pool at the Lodge if required)
Gratuities, laundry and items of a personal nature.

Return to “Photography”