Selling price for photographs

Being out in nature you just canot help taking photographs. All of us aren't professional photographers so don't be shy to show of your pictures here. Ask questions on how to improve your photography or what camera to buy. Somebody will be able to assist you.
Harold
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Howick
Vehicle: 1998 Hi-lux 2,4 S/cab (p); 1997 Hi-lux 2,4 D/cab (p)

Selling price for photographs

Post by Harold »

I need some guidence...........

An interior decorator wants to purchase 2 photos from me to print on paper and decoupage a wall in a guesthouse.

I have no idea what I should ask; someone please give me some guidance!
Harold (Greytown, KZN)
http://www.alib.co.za/hilux.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Re: Selling price for photographs

Post by ChrisF »

on the one hand - IF they gave a pro an assignment to go out and get those shots it would have cost several thousands ....

on the other hand - have a look on SHUTTERSTOCK sites to see what they would realistically pay to buy such a photo - http://www.shutterstock.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

I once sold a pic to be used in a brochure and charged them R1500.00 per photo.
That was about 5 years back.

All depends on what your gut feel say.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Post by Hoppy »

most professionals will sell the pic at a set amount, but they get royalties on the income it generates, but that becones complicated, if all depdnds on what it is worth for them, ask them to make you an offer and go from there. If they commision you to take a pic, you can charge per hour for the set up, pic and processing, but if they buy a random pic out of your file it is a diiferent story.
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "

Return to “Photography”