Amber Double Contact Bulp ??

Looking for something? Ask for it here.
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
ORRA Call Sign: X27

Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:12 am

Does anybody know where in SOuth Africa can I find amber double contact globes.

This is the normal double contact, same as brake and park lights, but must be amber.
Phillips 1157NA

Down here no spare shops have it or can find for me, it is for the Pontiac.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC. Rear diff-lock, Red Peppor Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Kirisun radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Rear Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front, 25watt LED Spots

Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '98 LTD
ORRA Call Sign: X107

Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:49 am

I bought from the Midas/Autozone for the Polo

Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:53 pm

IIRC I've also seen at MIdas - not sure if it's the same. I seem to think that it was a single filament bulb. :think:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

pietpetoors

Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:49 pm

Our Midas and Autozone can help me with single contact, but not double contact.
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC. Rear diff-lock, Red Peppor Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Kirisun radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Rear Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front, 25watt LED Spots

Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:21 pm

Pieter, what would be the purpose of such a bulb? A single filament amber bulb I can understand, to be used in an indicator lamp that has a colourless lens - but a double filament which is usually for driving lights and brake lights would surely be red if used behind a colourless lens.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

The Legend
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 1)1989 Toyota Hilux 2.2 4y EFI D/C 4X4 Full Mikem suspension ,extra long range tank,Duel battery system,31 Bridgestone Duelers 697 A\T FJ 75 front disc with KZTE calipers ,Kurisun PT 8100 two way mobile radio Hi-Lux call sign HC 121
ORRA Call Sign: X93-

Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:32 am

Pieter probeer die Ford agente.Die Ranger gebruik amber bulbs.
“A BAD DAYS FISHING IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAYS WORK”

“Do what you do so well, that the people that see you do it, will want to see you do it again,and will bring others to see you do it”

pietpetoors

Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:11 am

Andy, the Trans Am's front parks lights also doubles as indicator lights.

My Hilux also use a different type of globe for the indicator , called BAU15 and you also get them in amber, but I need a normal double filament.
I can get in the USA at $0.63 each, but courier will be about R800
indicator-light-with-offset-pin-amber.jpg
BAU15
(12.67 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Mud Dog

Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:35 am

Very unusual, but thanks for the explanation Pieter. Now I'm trying to think of something that can effectively tint a standard clear bulb, which will stand up to the heat generated by the bulb. Mt first thought but quickly discarded was resin - will work as an indicator but will burn with the heat of continuous use like park or driving lights.

:scratch:

pietpetoors

Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:49 am

I think I have two options if I do not find a globe.
1. Paint it with glass paint.
2. Get an amber clear vinyl or something and stick it to the outside of the lens, can take it off after road worthy and after I found the correct globes.

pietpetoors

Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:08 am

Also asked on the African Muscle Car forum and somebody posted a link to Autozone's web site.
Phone our Autozone again and asked for it, guy said again they do not have and cannot find.
Gave him the code on Autozone web site and guess what, he actually have some in stock :yahoo: :yahoo:

How did we get along without forums?

Return to “Wanted”

• Information