Swop 2nd hand 16" BFG's for 15" BFG's

Cleaning the garage? If you want to give it away, tell us about it here, or swop it for something more useful
Forum rules
When advertising something in this section the following rules apply:
1. You must include the price in the subject line and / or in the post.If you don't specify a price we will delete your ad.Click here if you are unsure
2. You must upload a photo. If you don't upload a photo we will delete your ad. Click here to find out how
3. If it is an "auction" item you must state so in the subject line instead of the price. Auctions can be valid for a maximum period of 14 days.
4. It must be 4x4/outdoor/vehicle related.
5. Once the items has been sold you must edit your post and put SOLD in the subject line.
EXAMPLE: Set of 31" BF Tyres for sale - R3500
or SOLD - Set of 31" BF Tyres for sale - R3500 - SOLD
6. Don't be a spammer. Introduce yourself and be part of the forum before trying to place an ad.
7. You MUST have a minimum Post Count of 10 before advertising here.
Buff
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: D-4D Hilux Raider 4x4

Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:37 pm

Hi gents,

I have a fairly decent secondhand set of BFG's LT 165/75/16's that I'm hoping to swop for a set of 31/10,5/15's in similar or better condition for my Hilux. I'm willing to pay in extra if the set is still in very good condition. If anyone has something available and is keen please drop me a PM.

I have the option of going to 16" rims but I don't think the wheels will fit without a lift kit and I'm not financially ready to go that route yet. My Lux is a 2007 D4D.
Attachments
image.jpg
BFG 16s
image.jpg (33.85 KiB) Viewed 1348 times
Hilux 2.7 Raider D/Cab 4x4

Oosie101
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: 2007 Toyota Hilux 4.0 V6 AT
ORRA Call Sign: X298

Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:05 pm

When I bought my 2007 Hilux it had 16" mags with 265/70/16 Goodyear Wranglers on and they fitted perfectly. I know the profile on those BFs are higher though.
I also Upgraded my suspension and now have 265/75/16 BF Muds without any hassles.

Why not borrow a set of 16" wheels and see how they work first?

Buff
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: D-4D Hilux Raider 4x4

Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:43 am

I guess that's an option Oosie but I'm not sure I want tires this size on my bakkie. I have read elsewhere on the forum of a user that fitted something similar but needed to have the caster adjusted on the front to allow it to turn properly.
I mostly use my vehicle to tow my offroad motorcycles around the Cape and bigger tires will = power loss. Then I need to start looking at having the bakkie chipped to boost it (which to be honest is on the cards anyway but I'd prefer to get max benefit from the chip).
Hilux 2.7 Raider D/Cab 4x4

ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: Bellville
Vehicle: Langpad (RAV4)

Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:27 pm

The suspension adjustments become an issue due to load ....

When Johan Tires fitted the Ironman suspension I SAW the effect this had on the suspension !! He told me that it would have to be adjusted again as the suspension settles in, AND as I kit out and add load ...

was "impressive" to see the effect on the wheel alignment as the load went in ....

Oosie101
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: 2007 Toyota Hilux 4.0 V6 AT
ORRA Call Sign: X298

Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:04 pm

Weight is a massive factor yes. If you are just using it to tow your bikes, then I guess those 15" would be more than enough... the bigger tires just look so much more aggressive, but that is just me...

Return to “To Swop or Give Away”

• Information