TPMS at 4x4 Direct

Quality 4x4 Accessories. Buy online or at any of our 4 Branches.
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
ORRA Call Sign: X27

Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:03 pm

George and I have been testing these for some time now in 3 of the vehicles.

We now have 2 models on offer.
Both uses internal sensors
both use replaceable batteries in the internal sensors.
You can set the lower and upper alarm pressure and also the temp alarm.

The one model uses a mini display which will fit the blank openings of a Revo. But because it is smaller than other Hiluxes you can use one of the blank covers to make it fit. I have one of these in my IFS. It is wired to the vehicle to power the display, normally you can sommer take power from the cigaret lighter or radio (I borrowed power from the radio). Only disadvantage of this unit is that the low pressure alarm can only be adjusted as low as 1 bar, but the alarm can be switched off.
Available at R2,450.00 per set (Oct 2017) at:
http://www.4x4direct.co.za/tyre-pressur ... creen.html

The second model is what George uses in his Prado and I use it in the Auris.
This one is easy to install. The display unit has built in battery which is charged with solar panel. No need for any wiring. Just have the sensors fitted at your local tyre shop, switch it on and you are ready to go. Low pressure alarm can be set as low as 0.2 bar which makes it perfect for sand drivers.
Available at R2,300.00 per set (Oct 2017) at:
http://www.4x4direct.co.za/tyre-pressur ... ensor.html
TPMS-Toyota.jpg
Toyota TPMS
TPMS-Toyota.jpg (16.83 KiB) Viewed 490 times
TPMS-Revo.jpg
Toyota TPMS
modify-TPMS.jpg
Toyota TPMS
modify-TPMS.jpg (27.25 KiB) Viewed 490 times
SOLAR-TPMS.jpg
Solar TPMS
SOLAR-TPMS.jpg (32.54 KiB) Viewed 490 times
solar-tpms-display.jpg
Solar TPMS
solar-tpms-side.jpg
Solar TPMS
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC. Rear diff-lock, Red Peppor Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Kirisun radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Rear Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front, 25watt LED Spots

louis fourie
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 2003 Hilux Raider Facelift D/C 3.0 KZTE
ORRA Call Sign: X101

Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:23 am

pietpetoors wrote:George and I have been testing these for some time now in 3 of the vehicles.

We now have 2 models on offer.
Both uses internal sensors
both use replaceable batteries in the internal sensors.
You can set the lower and upper alarm pressure and also the temp alarm.

The one model uses a mini display which will fit the blank openings of a Revo. But because it is smaller than other Hiluxes you can use one of the blank covers to make it fit. I have one of these in my IFS. It is wired to the vehicle to power the display, normally you can sommer take power from the cigaret lighter or radio (I borrowed power from the radio). Only disadvantage of this unit is that the low pressure alarm can only be adjusted as low as 1 bar, but the alarm can be switched off.
Available at R2,450.00 per set (Oct 2017) at:
http://www.4x4direct.co.za/tyre-pressur ... creen.html

The second model is what George uses in his Prado and I use it in the Auris.
This one is easy to install. The display unit has built in battery which is charged with solar panel. No need for any wiring. Just have the sensors fitted at your local tyre shop, switch it on and you are ready to go. Low pressure alarm can be set as low as 0.2 bar which makes it perfect for sand drivers.
Available at R2,300.00 per set (Oct 2017) at:
http://www.4x4direct.co.za/tyre-pressur ... ensor.html
TPMS-Toyota.jpg
TPMS-Revo.jpg
modify-TPMS.jpg
SOLAR-TPMS.jpg
solar-tpms-display.jpg
solar-tpms-side.jpg
Pieter

What do you do with the spare wheel? Can you fit a sensor and switch over to that sensor?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Prado 90 VX 3.4 V6
ORRA Call Sign: HC107

Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:30 pm

Pieter

What do you do with the spare wheel? Can you fit a sensor and switch over to that sensor?
Hi Louis. Unfortunately not.These unit can only handle 4 sensors.
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"

LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C 1996

Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:36 pm

Louis wat mens kan doen om 'n 2de eenheid te koop. Prys is van so aard dat dit nogsteeds onder R5000 kom. Ander wat wel 6 sensors het is veel meer as dit.

Ek het ene op my ou Hilux nou. Gegaan vir die sonpaneel ene, ek hou van die ene want kan so lag gaan as 0.3 bar. Feitlik in kort die eenheid skakel aan sodra jy inklim. Dit is maklik om die lae druk, hoe druk en temperatuur alarm te stel.

Begin dadelik lesings deur te gee. Is nogals intersant om te sien hoe die temperatuur opgaan terwyl jy ry. Hoe vinniger, hoe hoer die temperatuur. Ook mens sal sien die kant waarvan die son skyn op die wielle sal ook hoer temperatuur he.

Sien ook die banddruk verander so nou en dan met 0.1 bar.

Wat ek ook van hou is die feit dat die Monitor laai van die son, dit het wel 'n kabel om mee te laai. Ook die sensorts se batterye kan vervang word, ander fabrikate sin is geseel.

Kom ons kyk wat doen dit oor 'n tydperk.

louis fourie
Vehicle: 2003 Hilux Raider Facelift D/C 3.0 KZTE
ORRA Call Sign: X101

Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:58 pm

LouisZ wrote:Louis wat mens kan doen om 'n 2de eenheid te koop. Prys is van so aard dat dit nogsteeds onder R5000 kom. Ander wat wel 6 sensors het is veel meer as dit.

Ek het ene op my ou Hilux nou. Gegaan vir die sonpaneel ene, ek hou van die ene want kan so lag gaan as 0.3 bar. Feitlik in kort die eenheid skakel aan sodra jy inklim. Dit is maklik om die lae druk, hoe druk en temperatuur alarm te stel.

Begin dadelik lesings deur te gee. Is nogals intersant om te sien hoe die temperatuur opgaan terwyl jy ry. Hoe vinniger, hoe hoer die temperatuur. Ook mens sal sien die kant waarvan die son skyn op die wielle sal ook hoer temperatuur he.

Sien ook die banddruk verander so nou en dan met 0.1 bar.

Wat ek ook van hou is die feit dat die Monitor laai van die son, dit het wel 'n kabel om mee te laai. Ook die sensorts se batterye kan vervang word, ander fabrikate sin is geseel.

Kom ons kyk wat doen dit oor 'n tydperk.
Dankie Louis

Kry baie pap wiele met die Avanza so ek het nie die 0.3 bar nodig nie. Ek het so 'n maand terug 2 bande met side wall damages verloor. Ek glo dit kon gekeer gewees het as ek' n TPMS gehad het. HiQ se TyreSure is fantastiesImage

Whisky
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: 2009 Toyota Hilux DC 3.0 D -4D 4X4
ORRA Call Sign: HC 136

Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:21 pm

[/quote] What do you do with the spare wheel? Can you fit a sensor and switch over to that sensor?

[/quote]

If I am correct each sensor has a number that is read into the receiver. This is to ensure you know the sensors are on the correct wheels ie. front right, front left and so on. You could buy and extra sensor and put this in the spare wheel. When you have to put the spare wheel on you just replace the removed wheels number with the spare wheels number. I have done this on mine, mine is the CASKA unit.

Will this sensor pick up the signal from the trailer? I am thinking of getting one to monitor the trailer's tyres.

Thunder02
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: East Rand
Vehicle: IFS Hilux
ORRA Call Sign: HC105

Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:40 am

george wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:30 pm
Pieter

Hi Louis. Unfortunately not.These unit can only handle 4 sensors.
The solution to this problem is to fit one of each unit, I would install the solar unit into my trailer and the two spare wheels and then the fixed unit into the Hilux, thus all eight wheels will be monitored.
As Louis said, it's still cheaper than any of the other units on the market.
When the trailer is not being used, leave the solar unit at home. Hope that makes sense. :think:
Not all those who wander are lost!

Scout motto:be prepared....
www.4x4direct.co.za
Email: neil@4x4direct.co.za
IFS is like a swambo, soft, sexy and expensive!

JohanM
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Parys
Vehicle: 1. Toyota Prado VX 3.4V6
ORRA Call Sign: X45

Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:37 pm

Neil that is not really a solution. I have 2 x vehicles that is permanent 4wd and I rotate 5 wheels at a time to keep the wear even. You need to be able to get a unit that can read 5 sensors for the vehicle. Does not make sence to swop rims and tyres every 5000 km because the unit only have 4 sensors. The sensors might get damaged from the regular removal and refitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Johan Marais

pietpetoors
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
ORRA Call Sign: X27

Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:01 am

Johan, mens kry nie wat 5 sensors het, maar wel wat 6 sensors het, maar hulle monitors is baie groot omdat dit eintlik vir vragmotors is.

As mens soos Neil 'n sleepwa en 2 spaarwiele het gaan 2 sisteme lekker werk.

Ek glo mens kan 'n sensor in jou spaarwiel installeer en hom dan net programeer wanneer jy wiele ruil en hy op voertuig is. Jy sal dan ongelukkig nie kan sien hoe styf jou spaarwiel is, maar dit is op die ou einde nie so krities nie, die wiele op grond is belangrik.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC. Rear diff-lock, Red Peppor Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Kirisun radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Rear Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front, 25watt LED Spots

JohanM
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:55 pm

pietpetoors wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:01 am
Johan, mens kry nie wat 5 sensors het, maar wel wat 6 sensors het, maar hulle monitors is baie groot omdat dit eintlik vir vragmotors is.

As mens soos Neil 'n sleepwa en 2 spaarwiele het gaan 2 sisteme lekker werk.

Ek glo mens kan 'n sensor in jou spaarwiel installeer en hom dan net programeer wanneer jy wiele ruil en hy op voertuig is. Jy sal dan ongelukkig nie kan sien hoe styf jou spaarwiel is, maar dit is op die ou einde nie so krities nie, die wiele op grond is belangrik.
Pieter,
wat jy se maak baie sin en dit is iets om na te kyk en oorweeg. Vir my sal dit great werk waneer ek sleep.
Wat interesant sal wees is of mens twee van dieselfde systeme kan gebruik en dan net 5 sensors het wat lees in gewone gebruik en dan kan mens steeds die druk van die 4 bande sien sonder om senders te moet bly omruil op die rims. Ideaal sal wees om die tweede unit te kan aan en af sit sodat wanneer mens die wiele roteer dan net die op die pad dan in programeer weer en net die tweede unit gebruik (aansit ) wanneer daar gesleep word.
Johan Marais

george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Prado 90 VX 3.4 V6
ORRA Call Sign: HC107

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:05 am

JohanM wrote:
Neil that is not really a solution. I have 2 x vehicles that is permanent 4wd and I rotate 5 wheels at a time to keep the wear even. You need to be able to get a unit that can read 5 sensors for the vehicle. Does not make sence to swop rims and tyres every 5000 km because the unit only have 4 sensors. The sensors might get damaged from the regular removal and refitting.

Hi Johan
I did a test with a extra sensor in the spare wheel.It can not read all 5 sensors simultaneously,but if you swap out the spare wheel with another wheel,it is very easy to setup the "new" sensor on the unit.
So you dont need to physical remove sensors.
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"

Thunder02
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:56 pm

This is how I have mounted my unit, so it stays in once place, but can be removed.
Stitched some Velcro onto the dash cover.
Velcro on dash cover.jpg
Then put some sticky Velcro onto the display.
Velcro on TPMS.jpg
Now it's nice and secure.
Mounted.jpg

www.4x4direct.co.za

JohanM
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:06 pm

george wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:05 am
JohanM wrote:

Hi Johan
I did a test with a extra sensor in the spare wheel.It can not read all 5 sensors simultaneously,but if you swap out the spare wheel with another wheel,it is very easy to setup the "new" sensor on the unit.
So you dont need to physical remove sensors.
Hi George dankie vir die terugvoer omtrent die sensors en unit. Dit begin nou na n aanloklike eenheid lyk en ek gaan dit verseker op die lys sit van dinge wat ek kan gebruik in die toekoms.
Johan Marais

Thunder02
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:23 pm

Johan, I had mine fitted a few days ago and I'm so glad we removed the tires off the rims, was actually very disgusted with the amount of sand and other crap lodged between the tire and rim. I gather it works it's self in when pressures are dropped low for offroad ventures. In the future I'll make an effort to remove tires off the rims when rotating and then can also shift the sensors around.

www.4x4direct.co.za

Return to “4x4Direct”

• Information