Toyota Hilux Stolen 05:39 4 Dec 2016

Have your Hilux just been stolen. Please report it here and let everybody help to keep an eye out for your Hilux.
ash007
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Lakeside
Vehicle: 2013 Toyota Hilux Dakar 3.0D4D D/C 4x4

Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:19 am

Morning everyone my bakkie was stolen from my house this morning at 05:39 4 Dec 2016 Toyota Hilux 2013 Double Cab White 3.0D4D 4x4 CA559159. The tracking company lost the tracker signal at 07:20 in Khayelitsha. If everyone can pls be on the look out and pls forward my message to as many people as possible.

If you have any info pls call me on 0844484649

Sent from my SM-G360H using Tapatalk

Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: King Williams Town
Vehicle: Hilux
ORRA Call Sign: HC129

Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:10 pm

Sorry to hear about your loss,
Can you give further information, so that we can gaurd against a similar occurence to our own...
HABOOB means "Dust Storm"

ash007
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:27 pm

I whish I could.

Was a stock standard Toyota Hilux it had the anti theft box over the hooter. Tracking company called at 05:39 according to my app the bakkie moved at 05:33. Was a bit of a mix up with the numbers because my brother was driving the bakkie whilst I was away. He instructed them to call me. Which they did not do and called my wife instead. She ignored the call at 05:40 on a Sunday morning from a strange no. They still decided to rather call my brother again. Who told them to pls call me on my cell again. He then called me himself. By that time it was 0600 and I called the tracking company and logged the stolen bakkie. The tracking company called back in about 30 min to say they are tracking and have dispatched a team. But that was way to late. The tracker showed the bakkie as stationary at Khaylitsha since 05:55.

Neighbours saw a Dark Audi on Friday in the street with guys walking up and down the street and other neighbours saw the same Audi drive of with my bakkie this morning. They wrote down the plates but SAPS says the plates dont match the description.

Last call i got from Tracking company was at 08:26 saying they are searching manually with the SAPS.

Was stolen from Lakeside Muizenberg.

Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:15 pm

Sorry and infuriated to hear of your loss.They will change the plates if it's not being stripped. Any pics that show any distinctive features / modifications / damages that could be of help to recognise the vehicle?

Edge, I'm still of the opinion that a ½ bottle of brandy that's heavily laced with strychnine or "one step" lying under the seat is the best option. You kill 2 birds with one stone, no pun intended.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

ash007
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:21 pm

Unfortunately the only mods on the vehicle so far is Donaldson 2 micron diesel filter. Was still saving for the Alu Cab. Had to pay to have the rear bumper and towbar replaced last month as someone decided to drive into the back of he bakkie as it was parked in the street. So it has a brand new tow bar and rear crome pipes.

What i find extremely frustrating is that Muizenberg SAPS state that they will only assign an investigator to the case tomorrow morning.

So i guess next time the Republic needs to be defended or we need to render disaster relieve I will also say we have to wait for Monday to get the processes started. Buy that time we will already be speaking another language (insert your own idea here) or people will have passed on.

ash007
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:24 pm

According to tracking company SAPS is no longer assisting them either they are just driving around on their own looking in known hotspots.

I really think the odds are extremely slim now.

Rigger
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Oudtshoorn
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 3.0 S/C 4x4

Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:23 pm

So sorry to hear Ashley. Makes me crazy to hear stories like this. Very good idea of Mud Dog with the bottle of brandy that's heavily laced with strychnine inside the bakkie

CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
ORRA Call Sign: B15

Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:21 am

Sorry to hear of your loss Ashley. I'm holding thumbs that they still get it back to you and that the @#$@$@# that stole it did not damage it at all
To God be the glory

ash007
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:45 am

Thanks. Yes still trying to remain positive but its difficult. Took leave for today will ask my neighbour for a lift to my insurance companies office see what we can sort out.

ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: Bellville
Vehicle: Langpad (RAV4)

Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:54 am

Hope you get sorted quickly.

ash007
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:18 am

Good day everyone. In order to not interfere with the case I do not want to divulge to much information. However all I can say is that because of a remarkable, dedicated and professional individual my vehicle was recoverd close to Komatiepoort last night and the suspect driving the bakkie was arrested.

Thank you for everyone's help and support and to those who helped to spread the msg.

Thank you

CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
ORRA Call Sign: B15

Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:20 am

Awesome. Thank you for the feedback
To God be the glory

ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: Bellville
Vehicle: Langpad (RAV4)

Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:42 am

Thats some good news.

Hope you get it back in good nick.

Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '98 LTD
ORRA Call Sign: X107

Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:13 am

Good news about your Hilux....pity 'bout the driver, he should have been shot.

Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:26 am

That's awesome, an unusual outcome! More often than not they are never recovered and if they are, they're badly damaged or stripped. Good luck with the case! :winkx: :thumbup:

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
ORRA Call Sign: HC101

Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:17 pm

Excellent news, Ashley! Seems the SAPS is really on the ball this festive season.

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

TertiusK
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: 1990 Hilux 2.4D 4x4 DC Full MIKEM Suspension front and back + 2007 Kia Sportage 2.0 CRDI 4WD

Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:41 pm

Great news!!!Surely not something you hear every day.

pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
ORRA Call Sign: X27

Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:39 pm

That is awesome news!
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC. Rear diff-lock, Red Peppor Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Kirisun radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Rear Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front, 25watt LED Spots

ash007
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:39 pm

Thanks everyone.

Just a update. So after being reassured by my insurance broker that I dont need to worry about a thing I decided to start making some calls since nothing has happend for a week. So i eventually get hold of both local and Malelane SAPS and get told two different stories but bottom line the vehicle can be collected by insurance. Insurance once again says no they have everything under control they waiting for SAPS. So had to explain and beg to get insurance to understand that SAPS is waiting for them to come collect the bakkie. So a company has finally been assigned to go collect the vehicle after being told that its going to be so difficult because of the time of year. So i guess i must be greatfull that things are starting to turn slowly but surely.

Lets hope the bakkie makes it back in a good condition. My excess is % based so this could end up costing me quite a bit.

After trying to bend each clause in both my house and car insurance I did not manage to succeed in confincing them to pay for the things that was in the bakkie like GPS and Multitool and Sunglasses and Maglite. So its going to be a very expensive Christmas for me.

But at least it beats having to start with nothing. Just really so lucky it was recoverd. I am really so greatful to those who helped.

Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
ORRA Call Sign: x223

Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:59 pm

Not to break your speed, but a similar story happened to a mate of mine, only his Defender was stolen in PMB and recovered in CT.

He lost the car on 25/02/2016. The car was recovered about a week later BUT he only got it back last week...
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.

Nick S
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Bedfordview
Vehicle: 3L Legend 45 D4D 4x4 DC/AT. RSI Canopy, Snorkel and Radio
ORRA Call Sign: HC219

Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:16 am

Magic News. :thumbup:
I hope the damage is minimal. I had mine taken 2 years ago now and it is a horrible feeling. Stoked for you that you have yours back. :thumbup:
To build bridges, you need to go to where the rivers are.

ash007
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:34 am

Thabogrobler wrote:Not to break your speed, but a similar story happened to a mate of mine, only his Defender was stolen in PMB and recovered in CT.

He lost the car on 25/02/2016. The car was recovered about a week later BUT he only got it back last week...
Thats not good news. I understand this time of the year is terrible to get anything done. But what i learned from the three claims I had in the past two months (1 someone drove into back of bakkie whilst parked 2 Stolen bakkie 3 wife windcreen cracked from rock) is that you can not wait for them to call you back you need to keep your finger on the pulse all the time. Hence my phone 100 free min are finished and my bill is over R 200 just for calls to insurance and SAPS and PG Glass.

ash007
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:39 am

Nick S wrote:Magic News.
I hope the damage is minimal. I had mine taken 2 years ago now and it is a horrible feeling. Stoked for you that you have yours back.
Thank you.

The pic that were sent were taken the night it was recoverd so it was dark and not alot of detail. But it does not look to bad. Back sliding window was damaged where they pried it open. Was told there is some damage to the dash panels where they pried it open in search of the tracking unit. Wiring loom hanging loos under dash. But from pictures it looks fixable. I also hope its not to much as my excess is percentage based.

At this moment im just so grateful it was recoverd and hope its gets back home safely soon whithout picking up any further damage.

TertiusK
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: 1990 Hilux 2.4D 4x4 DC Full MIKEM Suspension front and back + 2007 Kia Sportage 2.0 CRDI 4WD

Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:01 pm

I really hope for the best!!!!

ash007
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:07 pm

An Update and a Question.

So the insurance company has hired a third party to retrieve the vehicle from Malelane. They took the vehicle to Krugersdorp on 31 Dec 16 and completed the police clearance there on 04 Jan 17. Now they are trying to arrange transport for the vehicle to get down to Cape Town.

In the mean time the insurance has given me a list of Toyota approved panel beaters on their list that I can choose from. Taking the bad experience I had with the previous panel beater driving the vehicle through Khayelitsha on the same road where my tracker was disabled; they allowing me to chose whom I use this time around. Any advice and comment or experience on which panel beater you would recommend would be welcomed. What is the MBR next to each panel beaters name?

Thank you

A1 Panel & Spray (MBR)
Bernie's Coachworks (MBR)
Cannings (MBR)
CMC Auto Panel - Brackenfell (MBR)
Forsdicks Tygervalley ARC (MBR)
Kondylis Motors (MBR)
Selfords Panelbeaters (MBR)

roeland.vlok
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Vehicle: 97 SFA Hilux

Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:24 am

Manne,

Word die nuwe Lux en Tuna ook so gesteel? Dis nou die 2016 oukies.
Ek jeuk vir 'n nuwe Tuna, maar dan het ons 3 hoë risiko voertuie (as die nuwe Fortuner ook so geteel word).

Sterkte Ashley.

R

ash007
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:44 pm

So an update

The vehicle was delivered today to the panel beaters.

Unfortunately not very good news. Somewhere in the process a lot of stuff was stolen out of the vehicle that was in when it was recover. I have pictures from the person who recovered the vehicle and the Constable that booked the vehicle in so the following items I have picture proof that the items were on or in the car at recovery however they are now gone. 1. Mats 2. Wheel center caps 3. Bulbs. Additional things that were stolen which I don't have pictures of but im sure was there during the recovery because the vehicle was still driving and I did not see any loos brackets lying in the vehicle in the pictures a) Spare wheel b) Battery. Who steels the battery and places the bracket with all the screws on the front seat and puts an old dead battery in the bonnet loos and does not connect the terminals (surely not the guy driving it because how would he drive). It was definitely done after the recovery.

So it was either stolen by the SAPS Malelane or the two parties involved in the transport of the vehicle to Cape Town via Krugersdorp (clearance was done in Krugersdorp). SAPS Muizenberg says I must wait for the detective that has done nothing wrt the investigation so far to report the additional theft. So I will have to go back tomorrow again because he left work early today.

So in terms of how they made of with the vehicle; I am more than willing to post the pictures of the entry and immobilizer damage if it is ok with everyone else. Im just scared this might give other crooks more tips on how to steal it so im not sure if its a good idea to post it tho.

So the damage.
1.Left front fender bent open (Im sure you all know what was there or we can assume).
2. Front nudge bar bent into front bumper.
3. Light sensor on dash missing.
4. Vin plate in window missing.
5. Dash damaged under ashtray.
6. Passenger airbag damaged.
7. Steering column covers and ignition damaged.
8. Door trim scratched on rear doors.
9. Driver door dinged.
10. Left rear fender dinged.
11. All carpets gone.
12. All tools and books gone.
13. All chrome side steps bent, most probably jacked vehicle up on it.
14. Rear bumper also bent up same as no 13.
15. Roof dented and scratched.
16. Wrong battery and dead battery. Battery bracket removed loos in car.
17. Spare wheel gone.
18. All center caps of wheel gone.
19. Almost all bulbs are stolen out.
20. License plate brackets are ripped of.
21. License disc in window matches fake plates. (I wonder to whom the fake plates are registered).
22. Rear Tailgate chipped and damaged from lowering the spare wheel in a rush most probably. They managed to get through the very thick bicycle cable.
23. All wheel lock nuts are gone. Not replaced with the original nuts that were in the car still. Is different wheel nuts.
24. Rubber mat in load bin gone.
25. Back sliding window frame broken.
26. Both rear rims badly scratched.
27. Left A pillar scratched.

The vehicle is unfortunately so dirty that they will have to clean it before we can see all the damage. They will call me when I must come back to do further assessment.

What the crooks left behind for me.

1. Empty bottle of water.
2. Their receipts from the shops where they bought stuff.
3. A tik spoon bent for the job.
4. Small change to the value of about R2.50
5. Some food still in a plastic Pick n Pay container.
6. Ashtray full of ash and cigarette buts.
7. A lot of cigarette buts in load bin.
8. My old red milk crate. (Maybe this made the big red dent and scratch on the roof)

According to my insurance I must pay more for the other items stolen after the vehicle was recovered which makes no sense to me at all considering that I have proof that the items were there when the vehicle was recovered.

So lets wait and see what happens.

Mud Dog

Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:46 am

:frustrated:

Hope this has an outcome that you can live with - at the very least, you got the vehicle back.

ash007
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:02 am

Mud Dog wrote::frustrated:

Hope this has an outcome that you can live with - at the very least, you got the vehicle back.
Thanks. I hope so too.

gelic.ninja
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Conquest 160i

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:11 am

Sorry to hear about your loss buddy...came accross this post now and its freaking me out lol.. Im supposed to have a look at a 2003 kzte tonight and from the pics it looks sooooo gorgeous but the horror stories I hear about the theft of hiluxes is making me very 2 minded.

May I ask what tracking company you used to install the tracker and what the costs are? Im really siting on the fence

ash007
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:30 pm

gelic.ninja wrote:Sorry to hear about your loss buddy...came accross this post now and its freaking me out lol.. Im supposed to have a look at a 2003 kzte tonight and from the pics it looks sooooo gorgeous but the horror stories I hear about the theft of hiluxes is making me very 2 minded.

May I ask what tracking company you used to install the tracker and what the costs are? Im really siting on the fence
I had the Matrix MX2 installed. It was R199 per month. However it was not recovered by them but through social media.

From what I saw and discussed with one of the Toyota mechanics they can steal any car they want. I dont want to place the pics on the forum or discuss to much what we found in case some other crooks get more ideas. But all I can say is my bakkie was definitely a planned theft based on what we found and if they plan to steal your vehicle it does no matter what make or anti theft devices you have they will take it.

I am prcing around for a different tracking company and found two companies (Car track and Netstar) that pay out when they cant recover your vehicle. That makes me have more confidence in the fact that they are more likely to try harder to find your vehicle. Matrix just said they were at the position (1h30m later) and found nothing but will look at known hotspots and thats it. Later that afternoon they gave up the search. But im sure you read it all above.

gelic.ninja
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Conquest 160i

Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:40 pm

ash007 wrote:
gelic.ninja wrote:Sorry to hear about your loss buddy...came accross this post now and its freaking me out lol.. Im supposed to have a look at a 2003 kzte tonight and from the pics it looks sooooo gorgeous but the horror stories I hear about the theft of hiluxes is making me very 2 minded.

I had the Matrix MX2 installed. It was R199 per month. However it was not recovered by them but through social media.

From what I saw and discussed with one of the Toyota mechanics they can steal any car they want. I dont want to place the pics on the forum or discuss to much what we found in case some other crooks get more ideas. But all I can say is my bakkie was definitely a planned theft based on what we found and if they plan to steal your vehicle it does no matter what make or anti theft devices you have they will take it.

I am prcing around for a different tracking company and found two companies (Car track and Netstar) that pay out when they cant recover your vehicle. That makes me have more confidence in the fact that they are more likely to try harder to find your vehicle. Matrix just said they were at the position (1h30m later) and found nothing but will look at known hotspots and thats it. Later that afternoon they gave up the search. But im sure you read it all above.

Yes I did.....Tx for the info :thumbup:

ash007
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:23 pm

UPDATE 28 April 2017

Good day everyone so for a bit of an update wrt the vehicle and my situation.

So the vehicle has been with the panel beaters from 16 Jan 17. The vehicle was to dirty at the time to compile a comprehensive list of all the faults. Unfortunately I had to leave for work before they could get the vehicle up and running and clean. However we did compile a list of the most obvious damage before I left.

Luckily whilst I was away the work on the vehicle continued. I returned on 10 Apr 17 and gave them a call on 11 Apr 17. They stated that the vehicle had just got back from Toyota and was ready for collection. Unfortunately when I went to have a look on 12 Apr 17 the vehicle was not close to ready. Many items that were on the initial list was never attend to at all (ie the bent fender where the tracker was most likely removed from). Other repairs were so poorly conducted that they damaged either the repair item or the adjacent item. For example new dash fitted is already scratched, aircon no longer works (which was never faulty to begin with) and over spray on the front grill. Chrome side pipes bent back in line but nobody noticed that they are dented underneath. So they now have a A4 page full of faults compiled by myself and lets see how long it takes.

So the first month of the vehicle being stolen I drove my wife's car (Ford Fiesta 1,6 tdci) due to disagreements with the insurance wrt the payment of the deposit. Luckily my wife was on leave so it was not a problem. Eventually in Jan we sorted out the deposit payment and I got my rental car (Ford Figo 1,4 petrol) from the insurance for 40 days. This lasted me until I had to leave for work. When I returned after complaining to the insurance that I had no means to get to work and back they kindly arranged another rental car (Toyota Etios) until the panel beaters could give me a courtesy car (VW Polo 1,4 Trend Sedan) which they arranged with the panel beaters.

So I dont have a 4x4 and cant enjoy my up coming leave they way I would have liked to but at least we starting to get somewhere, I think.

So now that im around again I can follow up on matters which I believe will help a lot. Like today I saw that the books they ordered for the vehicle is the incorrect books so at least whilst they fixing other stuff they can order the correct books.

Somebody made a comment that it took a year before they got their vehicle back after it being recovered. I think I might be heading for the same time frame. For those that would like to know the repairs are standing at R110 00.00 so far.

Mud Dog

Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:02 pm

Whew! :(

ash007
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Thu May 25, 2017 7:26 pm

Good Day

Im hoping someone can help me. Toyota cant seem to find the part no in order to order a new Owners Manual for my 2013 Toyota Hilux Dakar Edition 3.0 D4D Double Cab 4x4 Manual.

They even tried using the part no at the back of a manual from one of the vehicles in the second hand department but the part no does not exist on their system. The only Owners Manual they can find on the system is the 2005 model.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

rigardt
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Alberton
Vehicle: 2012 DC Hilux D4D

Thu May 25, 2017 10:44 pm

mm not sure if its the same but I have a 2012 3.0 d4d double cab 4x4. I can check for you on Saturday if that will help.

ash007
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Fri May 26, 2017 6:13 am

rigardt wrote:mm not sure if its the same but I have a 2012 3.0 d4d double cab 4x4. I can check for you on Saturday if that will help.
Thank you Rigardt that will help alot as the radio unit in the 2012 and 2013 model is the same.

Thanks

rigardt
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Mon May 29, 2017 6:44 pm

hi Ashley

not sure if this is what you need but on the back of my owners manual I see the following
Part No. 01999-0K106
01-1108-00

hope that helps

ash007
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Mon May 29, 2017 7:40 pm

rigardt wrote:hi Ashley

not sure if this is what you need but on the back of my owners manual I see the following
Part No. 01999-0K106
01-1108-00

hope that helps
Thank you very much will see if Toyota can use that one.

I really appreciate it.

rigardt
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Mon May 29, 2017 7:45 pm

no problem
let me know. maybe there is some other numbers on a certain page they might require

ash007
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:48 pm

rigardt wrote:no problem
let me know. maybe there is some other numbers on a certain page they might require
Thank you it worked. They managed to order the book.

rigardt
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:18 pm

awesome. glad to hear. it's a step forward atleast

ash007
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:39 pm

Update 09 June 2017

Just to inform your wrt the current situation of the vehicle. I took delivery of the vehicle from Panel Beaters on Thursday afternoon 8 June 2017.

The left front light is still touching the left front fender and will eventually scrape through the paint and start to rust, unfortunately the panel beaters say they have done all they can in terms of adjusting the alignment of the light however they cannot get it right. I will ask Toyota to have a look at this at my next service maybe they will be able to do something about it.

I was required to drive the vehicle to Locksmith in order to have the second key programmed. On my way there I noticed that the steering wheel was fitted incorrectly and that you had to hold the wheel approximately 40 degrees to the left in order to drive straight. When I got to the locksmith and could look at the vehicle outside I noticed the wheel which the panel beaters repaired is a different shade to that of the other wheels.

I drove straight back to the panel beaters to show them this and they stated that they will have a look at it on Friday (Today). I had the tracker fitted that evening and took the vehicle in this morning.

They stated that they will need the vehicle for a entire day in order to fix the colour of the wheel we agreed to Monday.

They then took the vehicle for alignment and to correctly fit the steering wheel. They brought the vehicle back and said all is done and in order. When I got in the vehicle the stability control and traction control light (i think its called) was burning (the two orange lights top right). They took it again for realignment and adjustment and returned stating they will have to remove and adjust the steering rack on Monday in order to correct the problem (this is weird as no work was ever done to the steering rack in the first place). When I drove the car away I noticed that with the removal and replacement of the steering wheel airbag to realign things they managed to scratch the trim and buttons around the airbag on my steering wheel. I called them and send them pictures and said they will have to order knew parts to replace this.

When I got home this afternoon I also noticed that one of the caps on one of the sensors on the dashboard is also missing (the one just to right of the windscreen air vent the small one, not the one on the big one on the right). I will bring this to their attention on Monday as well.

So although I have taken delivery of the vehicle it is still far from being completed.

Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
ORRA Call Sign: HC101

Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:59 pm

The panel beaters do not seem to have much pride in their work. At least they do seem willing to make good. Perhaps keep the insurance company advised of these events.

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

ash007
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:22 am

Family_Dog wrote:The panel beaters do not seem to have much pride in their work. At least they do seem willing to make good. Perhaps keep the insurance company advised of these events.

-F_D
I do send them regular updates thank you.

Return to “Stolen Hiluxes”

• Information