My Hilux almost stolen!!

Have your Hilux just been stolen. Please report it here and let everybody help to keep an eye out for your Hilux.
Post Reply
Rossi
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:45 pm
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: 2009 Toyota Hilux D4-D 4x4 D/C
Real Name: Rossouw

Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:50 am

Hi,

I have not tried to find similar threads on this forum on this subject.

My bakkie D4D DC 4x4 2009 model was broken into two weeks ago, aparently an attempt to steal the vehicle. They ripped apart the dashboard and roof pillars to connect their own electronic overriding device and to diss-arm the tracking device. Before doing this, the syndicate forced open the bonnet to disconnect the hooter for the alarm not to make any sound. I have seen similar complaints with exactly the same modus operandi under the Landrover thread and would like to challenge Toyota SA to resolve this problem with their products not to avoid loosing a huge segment of their market. I am selling my beloved bakkie after it has bben repared and will not buy another Toyota until this problem has been addressed properly.

:angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:
SDC12225.JPG
SDC12225.JPG (36.05 KiB) Viewed 2653 times
SDC12222.JPG
SDC12222.JPG (38.82 KiB) Viewed 2653 times
Last edited by Rossi on Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CasKru
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 24214
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:52 am
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Real Name: Cassie
Club VHF Licence: B15
Location: Rynfield

Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:57 am

I was just thinking.

If they bend open the bonnet to disconnect the hooter or alarm, why not install a micro switch on both sides of the bonnet. Should they then bend the bonnet it must also trigger the alarm or even something louder or maybe even shoot a tazer gun of sorts
To God be the glory

Rossi
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:45 pm
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: 2009 Toyota Hilux D4-D 4x4 D/C
Real Name: Rossouw

Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:04 am

CasKru wrote:I was just thinking.

If they bend open the bonnet to disconnect the hooter or alarm, why not install a micro switch on both sides of the bonnet. Should they then bend the bonnet it must also trigger the alarm or even something louder or maybe even shoot a tazer gun of sorts
Yes, very good idea. I would prefer a 12 bore shotgun mounted at crotch level.

User avatar
CasKru
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 24214
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:52 am
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Real Name: Cassie
Club VHF Licence: B15
Location: Rynfield

Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:11 am

Rossi wrote:
CasKru wrote:I was just thinking.

If they bend open the bonnet to disconnect the hooter or alarm, why not install a micro switch on both sides of the bonnet. Should they then bend the bonnet it must also trigger the alarm or even something louder or maybe even shoot a tazer gun of sorts
Yes, very good idea. I would prefer a 12 bore shotgun mounted at crotch level.
Also thought of that but wouldn't want to clean the blood spatter of my lux. Maybe a flame thrower :focus: :focus:
To God be the glory

User avatar
Maddoglips
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:49 am
Town: P.E.
Vehicle: Raider 2.2 4x4; Mikem 50mm raised suspension, long range tank, Monroe gasses all round.
Real Name: Zane
Location: Port Elizabeth

Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:26 am

Rossi wrote:Hi,

I have not tried to find similar threads on this forum on this subject.

I am selling my beloved bakkie after it has bben repared and will not buy another Toyota until this problem has been addressed properly.

[/attachment]
Rossi

Sorry to hear bout your troubles, but please keep in mind that this problem is encountered on every make model of vehicle out there not only Toyota.

And unfortunately while vehicles are been built in mass production, these sort of things will never be resolved as some 1 has to install and test.
The other probs are, that should they managed to build better alarm systems, Hijackings are just gonna increase which will mean higher fatality's.
PS> the biggest prob of all is - Demand, if we could stop the demand for stolen vehicles, this would have the greatest effect.

It's a loose loose situation if you wait on any 1 else, build your own system in that only you know or by a Rotwieler.

Good luck with your decisions.

Zane
It's better to Burn Out then Fade Away.

OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Posts: 19884
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:09 am

Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:38 am

Give Soulby a call, he has and can install that mico switch system Cassie refers to: 083407073seven

Rossi
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:45 pm
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: 2009 Toyota Hilux D4-D 4x4 D/C
Real Name: Rossouw

Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:52 am

OOOOMS wrote:Give Soulby a call, he has and can install that mico switch system Cassie refers to: 083407073seven
Thanks, will do so as soon as it has been repared.

Post Reply

Return to “Stolen Hiluxes”

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users