My Hilux almost stolen!!

Have your Hilux just been stolen. Please report it here and let everybody help to keep an eye out for your Hilux.
Rossi
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: 2009 Toyota Hilux D4-D 4x4 D/C

Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:50 am

Hi,

I have not tried to find similar threads on this forum on this subject.

My bakkie D4D DC 4x4 2009 model was broken into two weeks ago, aparently an attempt to steal the vehicle. They ripped apart the dashboard and roof pillars to connect their own electronic overriding device and to diss-arm the tracking device. Before doing this, the syndicate forced open the bonnet to disconnect the hooter for the alarm not to make any sound. I have seen similar complaints with exactly the same modus operandi under the Landrover thread and would like to challenge Toyota SA to resolve this problem with their products not to avoid loosing a huge segment of their market. I am selling my beloved bakkie after it has bben repared and will not buy another Toyota until this problem has been addressed properly.

:angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:
SDC12225.JPG
SDC12225.JPG (36.05 KiB) Viewed 2653 times
SDC12222.JPG
SDC12222.JPG (38.82 KiB) Viewed 2653 times
Last edited by Rossi on Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:57 am

I was just thinking.

If they bend open the bonnet to disconnect the hooter or alarm, why not install a micro switch on both sides of the bonnet. Should they then bend the bonnet it must also trigger the alarm or even something louder or maybe even shoot a tazer gun of sorts
To God be the glory

Rossi
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:04 am

CasKru wrote:I was just thinking.

If they bend open the bonnet to disconnect the hooter or alarm, why not install a micro switch on both sides of the bonnet. Should they then bend the bonnet it must also trigger the alarm or even something louder or maybe even shoot a tazer gun of sorts
Yes, very good idea. I would prefer a 12 bore shotgun mounted at crotch level.

CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:11 am

Rossi wrote:
CasKru wrote:I was just thinking.

Yes, very good idea. I would prefer a 12 bore shotgun mounted at crotch level.
Also thought of that but wouldn't want to clean the blood spatter of my lux. Maybe a flame thrower :focus: :focus:
To God be the glory

Maddoglips
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: P.E.
Vehicle: Raider 2.2 4x4; Mikem 50mm raised suspension, long range tank, Monroe gasses all round.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:26 am

Rossi wrote:Hi,

I have not tried to find similar threads on this forum on this subject.

I am selling my beloved bakkie after it has bben repared and will not buy another Toyota until this problem has been addressed properly.

[/attachment]
Rossi

Sorry to hear bout your troubles, but please keep in mind that this problem is encountered on every make model of vehicle out there not only Toyota.

And unfortunately while vehicles are been built in mass production, these sort of things will never be resolved as some 1 has to install and test.
The other probs are, that should they managed to build better alarm systems, Hijackings are just gonna increase which will mean higher fatality's.
PS> the biggest prob of all is - Demand, if we could stop the demand for stolen vehicles, this would have the greatest effect.

It's a loose loose situation if you wait on any 1 else, build your own system in that only you know or by a Rotwieler.

Good luck with your decisions.

Zane
It's better to Burn Out then Fade Away.

OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:38 am

Give Soulby a call, he has and can install that mico switch system Cassie refers to: 083407073seven

Rossi
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:52 am

OOOOMS wrote:Give Soulby a call, he has and can install that mico switch system Cassie refers to: 083407073seven
Thanks, will do so as soon as it has been repared.

Return to “Stolen Hiluxes”

• Information