Banner ads?

If you would like to discuss the functionality of this web site or have any suggestions, please out it here.
Oupa Stig
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Johannesbug
Vehicle: Hilux KZTE 4X2 "Stagger Lee", Hilux IFS 2.7 4x4 "Loretta"

Banner ads?

Post by Oupa Stig »

Quick question to the mods -the banner ads - are they uniform for all viewers, or somehow cleverly linked to the user's internet searches.
Because by pure chance I was doing reasearch on sensory equipment, and was on the Experia website, amongs others.
We are in the process of investigating the posibilities of setting up sensory rooms in SA, something which is virtually unknown here. Calvin's respite center had installed a simple one, and another special needs school had recently had installed by an Israeli company at massive cost... :shock2:
I feel a lot less wise at 45 than I did at 15.
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Re: Banner ads?

Post by ChrisF »

please tell more - what is a sensory room ?
Oupa Stig

Post by Oupa Stig »

Go look on the experia page. Hehehe.
Chris, special needs kids benefit greatly from these rooms - set up to stimulate all the senses. Touch, vision, hearing, smell. A completely white room, soft surfaces, colourful projections on the walls, aromatherapy goodies, interactive for the kids, so they can change the colours, immages, sounds etc. One tends to forget, but these kids often have to learn to do the most basic things. The room is a tranquil environment in which they can concentrate on their senses.
There's all sorts of funky stuff. Bubble tubes with floating things which teaches the child "tracking", the ability to follow movement with the eye. Fibre optic bundles which change colour at the child's command, etc etc etc. There are literally 1000's of ways to stimulate their senses in an artificial harmonic environment.

What's more, these rooms are used by large high-pressure corporates to give their staff a space in which to "time-out", simply sit and relax, de-stress and recharge your batteries for 10 or 20 minutes, thus increasing productivity.

Old-age homes use them for old folk, normal schools use them for the kids... Huge in the UK, benefits well documented.

With the knowledge gained at Calvin's school we feel we can expand this into SA's special needs schools.

We used a white room, but black rooms have another set of benefits, as do UV lit rooms, water rooms.... It's endless. :D:
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

NICE to see technology used for "good" :)

We have been involved with Jan Kriel school for some years. Also a special needs school. So good to see when a bit of attention get a child outgrow some hurdle that a standard school cant assist with.
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Mickey, those are Google ads. Google checks what web sites you visit and what you search for. They then serve ads related to your interest.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Oupa Stig

Post by Oupa Stig »

Het so iets vermoed, dit was net TE toevallig. So ons sien nie almal dieselfde ads nie, alhoewel sekeres vir almal wys, soos die Repcom een.
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

Oupa Stig wrote:Het so iets vermoed, dit was net TE toevallig. So ons sien nie almal dieselfde ads nie, alhoewel sekeres vir almal wys, soos die Repcom een.
Dit is hom ja. Agter daai banner ads is die forum sagteware wat besluit of hy 'n Google banner ad wys en of een van die local banner ads (soos Repcom).

En net so vir incase julle gewonder het. Dis daai ads wat betaal om die forum op en aan die gang te hou (hosting fees etc).
To God be the glory
rigardt
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Alberton
Vehicle: 2012 DC Hilux D4D
Club VHF Licence: HC348

Post by rigardt »

so dis hoekom ek wedding venue banner ads sien ?!?!?
ja my (vrou to be) gebruik dieselfde laptop wat ek gebruik vir hilux forum.
kan ek myne stel dat ek net 4x4 ads sien asseblief ????
ek trou oor 2 maande en my krediet kaart is al klaar super dun.

Return to “Web Related Discussions and Suggestions”