Jerry Can Holders

Your view on different camping gear, off-road trailers and nice non-electronic gadgets
SYRON CONVERSIONS
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Jerry Can Holders

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

Just some photo's showing a model type of jerry can holder, maybe somebody wants to make their own.

Please note, this type were manufactured by Front Runner, I am not sure if there is any copy rite on them, thus just make yours different, this is only to give you an idea. 8)
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
Niel
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Re: Jerry Can Holders

Post by Niel »

Hi Simon

I see it is double j-can holder. Would it not be better to insert a "friction pad" of sorts between the 2 cans to prevent the cans from damaging each other in rough conditions? I have very seldom seen a double holder most chaps seem to use more than one single.
SYRON CONVERSIONS
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

Yes you could fit a piece of rubber insert between the cans, but I do not use jerry cans on my Hilux, thus I cannot tell you if this is required, however The Uni-Mog that I have stored under the car port on my spare plot next door has Jerry Cans mounted in similar brackets and they do not have any rubber inserts between the cans, this vehicle did over
28 000km starting from The UK, then across to France, then with the ferry to Morocca and then down through Africa, looking at the cans, I cannot see any damage to them. But why not, use rubber and then we will see.
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
Niel
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Post by Niel »

Niel wrote:The Uni-Mog that I have stored under the car port on my spare plot next door has Jerry Cans mounted in similar brackets and they do not have any rubber inserts between the cans, this vehicle did over
28 000km starting from The UK, then across to France, then with the ferry to Morocca and then down through Africa, looking at the cans, I cannot see any damage to them
Simon, were you part of the team on this trip?

Return to “Camping gear, Trailers and Other Non-electronic Gadgets”