Which roof top tent?

Your view on different camping gear, off-road trailers and nice non-electronic gadgets
hatvani
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Dar es Salaam
Vehicle: 2002 Toyota Hilux 2.5TD D4D. 4" lift with 32x11.5x15 tires, A-bar, Hannibal roof rack with Eezy Awn tent..

Which roof top tent?

Post by hatvani »

Looking add a roof top tent on my Hilux D/C. Since I live in Tanzania I need to purchase from Nairobi and my choices are limited to Howling Moon or Eezy Awn. Any suggestions or preference between the two?

Thanks.
Toerboer
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: 3.0 D4D 4X4 DC, lr

Re: Which roof top tent?

Post by Toerboer »

Hi Tom,

Both RTT makes are very good.I also had to choose between these two and I choose Howlingmoon,because of there bottom room.Howlingmoon's bottom section has a fitted ground sheet that can be taken off,bur the hole tent can be seales off,where Eeziawn had no groundsheet,so any unwelcome creatures can enter from the bottom.

I chooe the stargazer witch has the two windows in the roof,this came in handy during the summer where we open them,but leave the flysheet over the top,this creates a nice breeze through the tent and cools everyone down.attention to detail was better on the Howlingmoon for me. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Have a good look at both,open them up and look at all the options.

Good luck with your choice. :thumbup:
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Strand WC
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.
Club VHF Licence: X112

Post by GI Jane »

We also chose a howling moon, 11 years ago, and it is still going strong. When we bought ours there were no bottom rooms, I don't think, nor star gazers. But it is still going strong and appears to have another 11 years life left in it....
hatvani
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Dar es Salaam
Vehicle: 2002 Toyota Hilux 2.5TD D4D. 4" lift with 32x11.5x15 tires, A-bar, Hannibal roof rack with Eezy Awn tent..

Post by hatvani »

Thanks for the feedback. It helps with my decision not to mention the almost $200 price difference in favor of HM.

Cheers.

Return to “Camping gear, Trailers and Other Non-electronic Gadgets”