3l to 5le conversion

If you drive a 4x2 Hilux, do NOT think you are not welcome. Post your questions here
lovendhra
Town: durban
Vehicle: hilux

3l to 5le conversion

Post by lovendhra »

Hi would really appricate sum help regarding this as to nobody can seem to help me... i have a hilux 2.8d 4x2 its a 1996model i got a good 620thosaund kms on the clock of faithfull service from it... on the orignal 3L motor.. (2.8d) dude to finance i havent had the money to do the engine as it was costing alot.... my friend has gotten me a brand new 5le engine that came of the hilux 3.0de thats the ifs 2002 model... now the problem i have the block design is the same gearbox fits etc... but i dunt have a ecu for it.... is there a aftermarket ecu that i cud use? the 5le ecu isnt easy to locate... how can i get this to work ? would i have to change complete wiring harness dash etc? please all help would be appricated.. i want to try get this van started by next week.... as its been parked for over a year nw.... fitting the engine is the simple bit hw do i sort the wiring out ? i am located in dbn if know any1 i could contact around here wud help as well...
Just bring it!!!!!!
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Re: 3l to 5le conversion

Post by Hoppy »

Welcome to the Forum.

Take the 3L Injector pump & injectors and have it calibrated to 5L specs, it fits on the 5L motor, the 5L injectors should work.

The 5Le uses an integrated wiring harness that works with the transponder key, you'll have to get a whole system from one donor vehicle and a clued up autolec to make it work, the first option is the better one.
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
lovendhra

Post by lovendhra »

Hi hoppy thnks for the speedy reply ... and the welcome :)

I was told the pump and injectors would work... from the 3l... reason being why wanted to go the route with ecu would the added effort be worth the extra power and better fuel consumption id get with the having the set up runing via ecu? not sure how big power difference is..
Just bring it!!!!!!
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Post by Hoppy »

Very small difference in power & consumption, don't think it's worth the effort.

If you have your pump & injectors serviced & calibrated & dyno tune it afterwards, you'll gain more.
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
lovendhra

Post by lovendhra »

okay shot bru i am going to do just that!! taking my 3l pump in tommrow to calibrate shud get it back by the afternoon 900rands diesel- electro... and hopefuly can fit and get this van running by end of this week if i do will give u the good news :) and ill try get it dyno tuned... thanks alot for the help cant wait to drive my lux again finally!!!!!!! i love that van more than my current 3.0d4d :)
Just bring it!!!!!!

Return to “4x2 Hilux's Welcome”