Hilux front suspenion

If you drive a 4x2 Hilux, do NOT think you are not welcome. Post your questions here
ovw
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Witbank
Vehicle: Hilux

Hilux front suspenion

Post by ovw »

Hi All,

I have just fitted a ONCA front bumper on my Hilux SRX S/C and it seems a bit heavy, how do I fix this without upgrading whole front suspension.

Is there a difference between s/c and d/c suspensions?

Will it help if I swop the two and will it fit?
SA4X4STORE
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: MONSTER HILUX

Re: Hilux front suspenion

Post by SA4X4STORE »

just put some strut spacers and it will fix the problem, dont need to go expensive
J3THRO
Town: Yzerfontein
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0 D4D sc

Post by J3THRO »

I have the same problem.
Everytime I ask someone how to fix this they just want to Upgrade my whole suspension for a "good price"
Where do I get these strut spacers and is it a mission to fit them?
DO NOT FOLLOW WHERE THE PATH MAY LEAD. GO INSTEAD WHERE THERE IS NO PATH AND LEAVE A TRAIL.
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

"The Shop" here on the forum had some reasonably priced spacers ... just click on the link (up at the top of the page just below the header ... it flashes). Check out what's available there. Louis of 4x4 Megaworld in Menlyn (also a member here) does good work and would be happy to fit for you. ;-)
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Return to “4x2 Hilux's Welcome”