GPS system on new 2012 Hilux

If you drive a 4x2 Hilux, do NOT think you are not welcome. Post your questions here
Ex_Landi_Oke
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: 2009 Toyota Fortuner 3D4D 4x2

Re: GPS system on new 2012 Hilux

Post by Ex_Landi_Oke »

Hi All,

Apologies for the “lang uitgerekte post”. There has been many posts on this forum and other forums about aftermarket radios. This is my 5c on my experience with my Stop Shop purchase and advise to other forum members when buying aftermarket Radios. Below also listed an alternative seller i have found.

Some time ago i posted that i ordered my unit from Stop Shop and was very excited about delivery. When i received it i could not wait to get it installed. Once installed and setup i noticed that the GPS interface had no functionality and first thought it was something I’m doing wrong. After logging a ticket at Stop Shop and many mails back and forth to try different fixes i decided to remove the radio and send it back to Stop Shop. This was last year September. The radio was removed by the installer and then reconnected as a test to see if removing it completely from battery power won’t sort the issue. When we switched on the ignition and went to the GPS interface it actually worked. I was over the moon and relieved. 2 Days later i was driving to a client using the GPS with IGO maps. When i stopped at the customer i wanted to exit IGO but none of the touch functionality wanted to work. I switched of the car switched it back on went back to the GPS interface and all was fine again. This happened about 3 more times after that until the GPS interface just stopped working altogether and nothing i tried after that worked. SO i got into contact with Stop Shop to start the warranty procedure. After taking the necessary pics i logged the return ticket. About an hour later i got a message back from Stop Shop that one of my pics with the warranty sticker shows that the warranty sticker has been damaged and that they would not be able to honor the Warranty due to this. They noted that they were however prepared to look at the radio on their bench and try to repair but the shipping costs would be for my account. After mailing them back and ensuring them that the unit was definitely NOT opened by me or anyone and that it could only possibly have happened at the factory. I was later mailed back from a VERY irritated author due to the tone of the mail. In this mail I was given a lesson in their T&C and was told that the offer from them to try and repair the radio was "AS A GOOD GESTURE TO ME". I have now also been given the opportunity to take new clearer pics of the Warranty Stickers for them to view. Will I be doing this, well NO. I don’t think anything I do now is going to change their minds and frankly I’m not spending any more cash on this device and will write it off as a bad investment. When I did take the pics of the Warranty Stickers it DID look suspect. But instead of the warranty sticker having a “tear” one would expect it to have when opening the lid of the radio it has a VERY fine straight hear line cut. Even using a magnifying glass you cannot even see the break in the hear line almost if the line should be there as part of making the sticker break easier in case someone tampers with it. BUT, I guess a break is a break a crack is a crack and according to Stop Shop T&C they have a leg to stand on.
So why this LONG and boring post? Is it to let everyone know their Radios are duds? Is it to slate Stop Shop telling everyone to miss them like the plague? Well, NO! Apart from ME getting an out of box failure of my unit’s GPS interface the rest of the radio worked like a charm. This is just MY experience and a heads up for any potential buyers when purchasing from Stop Shop what to expect and what to do and not to do as I will outline below.

Do’s and don’ts
1. Before purchasing ANY products from Stop Shop ensure you read ALL T&C very carefully and understand ALL/ANY additional costs. After the initial cost from the Website and payment I made I had to pay extra import costs to DHL before they delivered.

2. When receiving your package inspect and take some pics of it before opening it. My package and Box the radio was in had quite a few dings and dents and one could see it came halfway round the world. Notify Stop Shop in this case.

3. When unpacking the Radio ensure to check all cables damage and most importantly WARANTY STICKER DAMAGE. Again, take pics and notify Stop Shop if any issues.

4. Get the Radio installed by a proper/reputable installer. One of Stop Shops warranty return policy requirements with “no exceptions” is that they require “Image of the installation receipt including the invoice number and contact details of the installer (no exceptions)”. This one bothers me the most as I read on this forum and other forums of guys that has purchased Stop Shop devices and they post on these forums on how easy it was for THEM to install these Radios. The thing that gets me is that Mark Ashford from Stop Shop comments on most of these posts but neglect to inform these posters of the possible warranty implications doing the job yourself could have on the warranty. I’m almost certain T&C will be quoted if one of these units are returned for warranty claims and the owner does not have the relevant installation information as requested by Stop Shop.

5. Don’t cut or modify any of the Radio wiring or plugs. This will void the warranty. On the 2009 Facelift Fortuners the aerial plug on my unit does not match the radio socket. I found a company that sell radio components that had a converter that worked a charm.

6. Whatever you do, protect the Warranty sticker on the side. As we all know the material Warranty stickers are made of is very brittle and CAN break easily for obvious reasons. I’m still sticking to my story that my Unit was not opened and the sticker is not broken. Could it have been damaged/cracked due to excessive handling or pressing to hard against the sticker with a finger or two. I don’t know! But be careful.!!

There are probably more do’s and don’ts that can be posted but I think the listed ones above are the more important ones.

Alternative Seller:
When I received my Radio I was looking around my area(Durbanville) for installers. Durbanville being small these were non existent so I checked Gumtree to look for local radio installers. Unfortunately and Fortunately for me I found a gent around the corner from me that actually imports similar model radio’s as well as install them with camera kits, headrests etc for roughly the same price as Stop Shop sell their units from. I contacted the gent and an hour later he was at my house installing my radio for R500. I contacted him last week again to assist me with removing my radio as I had to send it away for warranty claim. He was also kind enough to lend and install me a demo unit while my device went in for warranty. So the pro’s of the alternative is as follow,
1. Personalized Services. Cape Town – mobile- installer comes to you, JHB mobile – installer comes to you and PE – semi mobile – installer has shop. In the case of JHB and PE the Radio seller ships the unit to the installer if chosen to use them.
2. Local Stock Available.
3. Warranties are swopped out locally.
4. Maps for sale for GPS.

Details,
http://www.indashdvd.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Daniel Karstens
084 522 2263

Cheers,
Mark
Mikie
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Kyalami
Vehicle: Hilux 2006 3.0D4D 2x4 DC

Post by Mikie »

This seems to be a common thing then.

I bought my radio from Stop Shop last year around August, am I still happy? NO
I should have spent the extra money and bought a reputable unit with a reputable name, SONY, JVC and the likes.

I got this unit, it worked ok, a few things I wasnt fond of, the RDS didnt work, it just tunes to another station when the signal gets bad, but apparently thats cos I didnt provide power to the antenna, there is a 12v antenna wire.
In December the touch screen started playing up, it didnt always respond to touches, when it turned on it worked, after a few seconds forget it, so now you are screwed cos you cant tune to different stations or go through any of the setup of answer the phone.
I contact Stop shop and the return process gets kicked off as mentioned above. They want photos of everything including the installations cert, I dont have one I installed it myself, I was assured that they can overlook taht part and will still honour the warranty, so after approving the photos etc I was given the go ahead to send it back, whcih I have now done, At my own expense, according to them the sender always bears the sending costs :evil:
Due to postal strikes its still sitting at the post office after a week, so I havent had any feedback.

So now I am hoping it gets fixed, but in all honesty I dont want it back, I would rather get my money back which I doubt would be possible.
I have owned many after market radios in my life, and I have never ever had to do a warranty claim on any of them, they were all reputable brands. If I get this back and I could get a buyer I would gladly selll it off and go buy something decent.

As they say Goedkoop is duurkoop
Mark_Ashford
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: Hilux

Post by Mark_Ashford »

Hi Mark & Mikie, please forward your orders numbers so that I can check with RMA & Technical what's the issue with both returns.
Warranties aren't handled by us, the systems have a manufacturer's warranty. RMA & Technical handle all returns, I'll gladly request feedback from them with regards to both issues and post their reply here asap (just need your orders numbers).
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

Mark_Ashford wrote:Hi Mark & Mikie, please forward your orders numbers so that I can check with RMA & Technical what's the issue with both returns.
Warranties aren't handled by us, the systems have a manufacturer's warranty. RMA & Technical handle all returns, I'll gladly request feedback from them with regards to both issues and post their reply here asap (just need your orders numbers).
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
To God be the glory
Mikie
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Mikie »

Mark_Ashford wrote:Hi Mark & Mikie, please forward your orders numbers so that I can check with RMA & Technical what's the issue with both returns.

No its no issue, its all approved and they are going to fix it as soon as the postal services gets the unit to them, my gripe is the fact that these things are failing, and Mark seems to have had a similar issue to me, the touch screen stops working.

Reputable systems dont have this kind of thing happen (Not in my experience at least)
Ex_Landi_Oke
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by Ex_Landi_Oke »

Mark although i have made piece with the fact that i want nothing more to do with Stop Shop and i have written of my purchase and experience as a bad investment/call on my part, I will humor you though. Although i know what the outcome will be.

Return #000628 Order #097998
Kaaskrul
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2018 Hilux X-Cab 4x4 Dakar

Post by Kaaskrul »

The std Toyota head unit I think is awesome.
The bluetooth is superb, and the sound quality also.

I just pop my GPS onto windscreen.

I guess if you want /need DVD then another story. But I wont changed my stock unit ever, I love it too much :thumbup: :thumbup:
Mikie
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Mikie »

Kaaskrul wrote:The std Toyota head unit I think is awesome.
The bluetooth is superb, and the sound quality also.

I just pop my GPS onto windscreen.

I guess if you want /need DVD then another story. But I wont changed my stock unit ever, I love it too much :thumbup: :thumbup:
Ah yes, but not the Std 2006 Model, its just ok
Kaaskrul
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Kaaskrul »

Ok no ja, the older head unit is nothing to smile about, I agree :thumbup:
Mark_Ashford
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Mark_Ashford »

Mikie - Indeed they do seem to be on strike again, I'm sure they'll sort it out quickly as soon as they receive the parcel. Let me know if there's any delays once you receive confirmation that they've received the parcel and I'll give them a little push (Y)

Mark - Thanks for the order number, I've already sent them an update request for this return, will post their reply the minute they get back to me.
Mark_Ashford
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Mark_Ashford »

Hi Mark, I got a reply from Bailey at RMA & Technical about your return request. He sent a copy of your emails exchanged between yourselves which I've pasted below..

Mark Booysen
Sent on: 02/22/2013 12:08:41

I have just uploaded my Pics of my Radio to your dropbox. I have also done the merchandise return.

Please can you let me know if you need any further info.

Tx
Mark

************************************************************************************************************************

RMA & Technical
Sent on: 02/22/2013 13:01:36

Dear Mark,

Thank you for uploading the images.

We noticed that the warranty seal is broken, visible in image "Radio 7".

The system has a one year manufacturer's warranty which they must first authorize once we've submitted the images to the manufacturer which must be done with all return requests. Unfortunately they will not authorize the return and will in fact deem the warranty null and void as soon as they review the images.

What we can do is test the system on the bench and see if we can repair it without having to replace parts which is necessary, can only be supplied by the manufacturer (for warranty purposes only). If we're able to repair the system without replacing spares then great, if parts are needed then we will be able to get these but the manufacturer will not send these under warranty terms. In other words, parts and labour for the repair will not be free of charge.

It could very well be a simple connection issue and simple to resolve although it is unlikely the case.

If you'd like to proceed with the return, please note that it will not be under warranty terms, you will be billed R350.00 for bench testing, our labour and postage to return the system if we're able to repair the system without spares. If spares are required, then we'll quote the repair (parts, labour, postage) which will only be done if you accept. If the quote is too high and you do not accept, then the system will be returned "as is" and only the R350.00 will be charged.

We look forward to your reply on how you wish to proceed.

Let us know if you have further questions, we will gladly reply as soon as possible.

************************************************************************************************************************

Mark Booysen
Sent on: 02/22/2013 13:11:27

Hi,

The Warranty Seal is Definitely not broken. To me it looked like it to but IT IS NOT. If it is broken then it came to me like this from the supplier. I DID NOT OPEN THE RADIO AT ALL, why would I be so stupid especially knowing nothing of radios. I looked at the seal through a magnifying glass and it is not broken. If you look closely at the Warranty Sticker it seems there is a hairline marking which to me looks part of the seal that would make it easier to break if the lid is opened or tampered with.

Please let us not walk down this road. I paid a shit load of money for a radio that in my view that has not worked since I took it out of the box.

Please can someone contact me telephonically to get this sorted.

Thanks,
Mark

RMA & Technical
Sent on: 02/22/2013 14:56:48

Dear Mark,

Thank you for your reply.

Firstly, we are not accusing yourself or anyone in specific of having opened the system, this is not our job and quite frankly we don't have time for making accusations. If you, the installer or someone else opened the system is besides the point, we don't know who tore the seal but from your images, the seal looks torn.

Download the following file;
http://www.stopshop.co.za/downloads/tem ... Images.rar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We have uploaded a file which includes 5 images;

Example 1:
Image of a warranty seal of the exact same system whereas a non violated seal is visible

Example 2:
Image of a warranty seal of the exact same system whereas a non violated seal is visible

Example 3:
Image of a warranty seal of a different system whereas a non violated seal is visible

Example 4:
Image of a warranty seal of a different system whereas a non violated seal is visible

Radio 7 - Filtered & Zoomed:
Image provided by yourself which has been zoomed and filtered, the image shows that the warranty seal is torn from one end to the other

If you believe that the images that you provided do not reflect the true condition of the seal, then please upload additional images of the seal. In this case and to show that the seal is in fact not torn, we require a close-up image of the seal from the top as well as from the sides. The side images must have what seems to be the tear in the centre of the image and in the same direction of the tear. As requested, the image MUST be a close-up image of the seal (in high resolution) and not taken from a distance.

In response to your comment that if the seal is torn that it was received in this condition. This is simply not possible as no manufacturer would manufacturer a product, quality control it, attach the seals and then tear the warranty seal. Such allegations make no sense and will not be accepted by RMA & Technical and much less by the manufacturer as a justification for the seal being violated.

Additionally, the following is clearly mentioned in Point 3.6 of the T&C's:
If you believe your package is missing items, includes incorrect items, has been damaged or tampered with in any way or any other problem, it is essential that you communicate this clearly to the courier company's delivery driver at the time of delivery as well as to our sales team within 48 hours. If you do not report any problems within 48 hours counting from the delivery date/time, we will consider that the order was carefully inspected by yourself and delivered in good condition. We will not accept claims or accusations that the goods were not delivered in good condition after 48 hours counting for the delivery date and time.

Link to Terms & Conditions:
http://www.stopshop.co.za/content/3-terms-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No report was received during or after the 48 hours that the seal was torn.

RMA & Technical is not obliged to accept or offer to accept a return request of a product that does not abide by the warranty terms. Our offer to have a look at the system and see if we could repair it on an out of warranty basis was a gesture of good will, not an obligation. You are more than welcome to reject our offer and pursue which ever course you deem fit.

Your return request will remain in pending status until your reply is received as to whether you will be proceeding with the return on an "out of warranty" or not in which case your return request will be duly updated.

Let us know if you have further questions, we will gladly reply as soon as possible.

Kaaskrul
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Kaaskrul »

Daai manne lyk maar of hulle vol stront kan wees jong.

Ai tog......hoop almal kom reg darem.
Ex_Landi_Oke
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by Ex_Landi_Oke »

Mark,

This is a copy of my correspondence with them and the reason for my original post. So nothing new from them on my issue as expected. As per their GOODWILL gesture(and this makes me laugh every time - because HEY, Stop Shop did me a favor when they sold me the Radio) i am declining. I am not spending anymore of my hard earned cash or time on this device. Like is said, i will write it off as a bad investment and move on.
Mark_Ashford
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Mark_Ashford »

Hi Mark, let me explain a few things..

StopShop is an online store, we’re not manufacturers or a repair centre. Each product that we sell has a manufacturer’s warranty and not a StopShop warranty, if a product is deemed faulty and within the warranty terms then the return itself is handled by RMA & Technical (once again, nothing to do with StopShop). RMA & Technical either repairs the faulty product or ships it back to the manufacturer for repairs, they are the only authorized personnel (authorized by the manufacturer) to open/repair the system.

The reason that they require images before authorizing any return is to prevent a product being returned that’s either been damaged or tampered with, this is fairly understandable as they need to cover themselves. Let’s say I cracked the screen of my system and told them that the screen was faulty and sent it back without telling them beforehand that it was cracked, what proof would they then have that the screen was sent already damaged? I (as a customer) could simply say that they broke the screens and now demand a replacement free of charge. Now let’s say that the system is faulty, I opened it and probably caused further damage. Then closed the system and sent it back to them with a torn warranty seal, how would they prove that the system was received with the warranty seal torn? This is why they need these images beforehand, to ensure that any returned product is returned within the warranty terms.

Mikie sent a system back for repairs from what I understand, I’m sure that if the seal wasn’t torn or cables cut and/or modified, that he would not have had any issues getting the return request approved. I’ll leave it up to Mikie to comment on his experience.

I’ve had a look at the image you uploaded and I have to agree that the seal looks torn, here’s the links to download and view your images for anyone that’s interested in seeing;
http://www.stopshop.co.za/downloads/temp/97998/1.jpeg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.stopshop.co.za/downloads/tem ... zoomed.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When they mentioned that they’d have a look at the system on an out of warranty basis, it was a gesture of goodwill as they’re not obliged to help you at all. Their service is only to handle the returns for the manufacturer and repair products which are deemed faulty and under the warranty terms and conditions. A torn seal voids the warranty of any product, there’s no point in having a warranty seal if it’s not needed to validate the return.

I wish we could do more to help you with this problem but ultimately it doesn’t depend on StopShop to overlook the fact that the seal is torn. They are prepared to assist you and have most certainly not turned you away, they’ve also confirmed that no further feedback/reply has been received and your comments in this thread show that you’re not willing to upload additional close-up images of the seal to prove that the seal is not torn.

Mark Ashford
Mikie
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Mikie »

OK So I got my radio back, and I connected the blue wire as I was told to, to power the antenna, its a little better but still not perfect, it still retunes to other stations, not as much but it does.
The touch screen works now though after they replaced it.
My opinion again? stay away from these cheap pieces of shit radios, go spend the little extra and get the better brand with a decent reputation
Mark_Ashford
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Mark_Ashford »

Hi Mikie, have you tried switching the AF function off which should prevent it from jumping stations?
Mikie
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Mikie »

Mark_Ashford wrote:Hi Mikie, have you tried switching the AF function off which should prevent it from jumping stations?
Hi Mark
yes thats what I have done now, but it kind of defeats the point of having RDS on a radio
Mark_Ashford
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Mark_Ashford »

Not at all, AF is one of the RDS functions and it is essentially doing it's job. On these particular systems, the way your system works is to jump to the next available station that has a stronger signal IF it fails to find the same station that you were listening to with a stronger signal. Other systems work slightly differently and will actually stay on the same station even if the signal is getting weaker and the system fails to pick up the same station with a stronger signal. Personally, I prefer that it jumps to a different station than to stay on the same station that's loosing signal/quality while driving.

Another important issue that can and does cause all sorts of RDS problems is the antenna, do not underestimate how important the antenna is. The stock antenna is designed to work with the original headunit which does not require as strong a signal on the oem headunit as is required for the after-market nav system. Some customers install an inline antenna booster which makes a huge difference in most vehicles, you might want to consider having one installed. Here's an example; http://www.ebay.com/itm/12v-Car-Antenna ... 0873703748" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mikie
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Mikie »

Mark_Ashford wrote:Not at all, AF is one of the RDS functions and it is essentially doing it's job. On these particular systems, the way your system works is to jump to the next available station that has a stronger signal IF it fails to find the same station that you were listening to with a stronger signal. Other systems work slightly differently and will actually stay on the same station even if the signal is getting weaker and the system fails to pick up the same station with a stronger signal. Personally, I prefer that it jumps to a different station than to stay on the same station that's loosing signal/quality while driving.

Another important issue that can and does cause all sorts of RDS problems is the antenna, do not underestimate how important the antenna is. The stock antenna is designed to work with the original headunit which does not require as strong a signal on the oem headunit as is required for the after-market nav system. Some customers install an inline antenna booster which makes a huge difference in most vehicles, you might want to consider having one installed. Here's an example; http://www.ebay.com/itm/12v-Car-Antenna ... 0873703748" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Really? If I am listening to 5fm, when the signal gets weaker I honestly dont want to suddenly listen to Radio Kaya, I rather want to hear the degraded signal and switch to the SD card, or dvd, or iPOD, if I want another station I will choose that.
You know what, its not a totally bad radio, but its not perfect, but I suppose for the price of it then its ok, I just think next time I will rather buy the Sony or Kenwood equivalent. They probably dont need an antenna booster either.
I think I have one lying around at home somewhere
War-Medic
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0l V6 D\C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: X203

Post by War-Medic »

I was seriously thinking of buying from Stopshop but after reading all the posts i changed my mind. Thanx to the forum and everybody involved for your input. You saved me allot of money. Would also go for the little more expensive Kenwood option.
The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations.

Mods: EFS suspension - ARB front bumper replacement - Warn winch - Rear sparewheel carrier bumper - 160l long range fuel tank - Toatal unberbelly plate protection - Canvas seat coners - Alu steel Canopy - Snorkel - Kenwood TK VHF Radio - Ctek 250s Dual batery system with solar pannel
Dit is 'n TOYOTA ding, jy sal nie verstaan nie........
Mikie
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Mikie »

War-Medic wrote:I was seriously thinking of buying from Stopshop but after reading all the posts i changed my mind. Thanx to the forum and everybody involved for your input. You saved me allot of money. Would also go for the little more expensive Kenwood option.
You will b much happier I promise you that.
War-Medic
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0l V6 D\C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: X203

Post by War-Medic »

Mikie wrote:
War-Medic wrote:I was seriously thinking of buying from Stopshop but after reading all the posts i changed my mind. Thanx to the forum and everybody involved for your input. You saved me allot of money. Would also go for the little more expensive Kenwood option.
You will b much happier I promise you that.
Thanx for the headsup.....
The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations.

Mods: EFS suspension - ARB front bumper replacement - Warn winch - Rear sparewheel carrier bumper - 160l long range fuel tank - Toatal unberbelly plate protection - Canvas seat coners - Alu steel Canopy - Snorkel - Kenwood TK VHF Radio - Ctek 250s Dual batery system with solar pannel
Dit is 'n TOYOTA ding, jy sal nie verstaan nie........
JWM_Jankowitz
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Dubai
Vehicle: 2012 Toyota Hilux Xtra Cab 4x4

Post by JWM_Jankowitz »

pietpetoors wrote:Quintin I can supply the units below at R6000 with a pre-loaded IGO map. But the suppliers says his unit is registered with Garman so at an extra R1200 he can add the Garman maps.

You get an extra "trim" for fitting it to the 2011 facelift models and the price of the trim is R600.00
Good news for 2.5 owners is that even with facelift model you dont need the trim for the 2.5 Diesel
Also fits the FJ Cruiser
1 year warranty
Works with all the standard plugs and it takes longer to install the camera and navigation aerial than fitting the unit.
THIS DVD PLAYER IS TOYOTA HILUX/ FORTUNER SPECIFIC
IT REPLACES THE EXISTING FACTORY FITTED RADIO WITH A DVD PLAYER/WITH BLUETOOTH/NAVIGATION/PLAY MUSIC AND MOVIES FROM A SD CARD AND USB AND IPOD
A REVERSE CAMERA COMES AS PART OF THE PACKAGE
THE STEERING CONTROLS ALSO WILL WORK OF MY UNIT
I ALSO HAVE A TRIM WHEREBY WE CAN FIT THE UNIT IN THE LATEST FORTUNER AND HILUX THUS OFFERING ALL THE ABOVE FEATURES TO THESE MODELS AS WELL
TOYOTA-WITH-GPS.jpg
TOYOTA-WITH-BLUE-TOOTH.jpg
trim.jpg
Looks interesting. Can you please confirm that it can actually work with Garmin software?
Also do you have more specs on this? I tried to find this on the 4x4direct website, but couldn't.

Thanks,

Mouritz
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Mauritz at the time I decided not to get involved in selling those units, maybe one of the other guys can help with your question
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Mark_Ashford
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Mark_Ashford »

We use to sell that model for around R4300.00 (all inclusive) and delivered to the door + R400.00 if you wanted the maps (Desnav Southern Africa Maps, 7 countries included). We discontinued that model ages ago as there's simply too many newer systems that we offer with much faster performance and of better build quality which don't cost much more like our A8 systems.. (http://www.stopshop.co.za/359-buy-toyot ... gps-satnav)

Return to “4x2 Hilux's Welcome”