New Tyres for Tazz

If you drive a 4x2 Hilux, do NOT think you are not welcome. Post your questions here
Transkalahari515
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Honeydew
Vehicle: 06 Hilux 4x2 Levelled suspension, RV replacement bull bar, on board compressor, 31 inch Wranglers, a spade and a good attitude

New Tyres for Tazz

Post by Transkalahari515 »

Hi Guys

So eventually have got some funding :dance1: and need some advice on tyre choice for the Lux.

Only 4x2 but i also like to play in the quarry from time to time...i would say 80/20 split for on/off road.

Not trying to start a tyre debate just some good advice and suggestions......however...... :twisted:
I do have a friend who just got himself the new ranger and i would hate to have to have him tow me out of an obstacle :surrender:

Thanks for your time guys
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Re: New Tyres for Tazz

Post by Hoppy »

BFG All-terrains.
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
Transkalahari515
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Vehicle: 06 Hilux 4x2 Levelled suspension, RV replacement bull bar, on board compressor, 31 inch Wranglers, a spade and a good attitude

Hi Hoppy

Have had a set before and was happy but price is a bit heavy at almost 2.5k a tyre for 31inch.

Or at least thats what ive been quoted??
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Post by Donkey »

Maxxis, good value for money and not such a hard compound as the BFG's.
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
Transkalahari515
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Thanks Tumelo

Ill have a look at whats on offer from them,

Have had good service out of my Goodyear Wrangler at/sa s but just think i want to go with something a bit more aggressive, pattern wise.
But also still need to get about 70-80 k worth of life as well and cant fault the wranglers there , just rolled over 100k on this last set and the fronts still have about 20% life in them/ rears are shot though!

Return to “4x2 Hilux's Welcome”