Outreaches: 2010

Planning a trip or you need information about trails in your area.
Kagiso
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: Datsun SAFARI aka LOBO, Nissan Patrol GQ

Outreaches: 2010

Post by Kagiso »

We are through the first month of 2010 and already it feels as if we are needing another December break ... welll, at least some of us do.

So - Here is what is planned for 2010 outreaches.
Two Outreaches arranged by yours truly, although under the auspice of Dutch Reformed Church: Garsfontein [Pretoria]
[1] 7 May to 16 May ~10: 3-Tonnes Winter Warmth: Outreach to Ranyane & !Xanagas - Taking clothes to Ranyane and New-!Xanagas and Jesus Film Outreaches to the far -out Cattle ranches that can only be reached by 4x4.

[2] 14 - 28 August ~10: Soul Serving ( the follow up of Soul Searching) A very intensive outreach: Upliftment Outreach to Good House and investigating future viable & sustainable enterprise for this "thrown away" community.
The same for Sanddrift - and then of course, Jesus Film outreaches and follow-ups all the way to Alexander Bay. [For those who want to tackle (try?) "The Road to Hell" - This is your chance - because we are going right past it .. and of cause we will go through Richtersveldt and also get to see Namaqualand in her flower splendour]

Two [Maybe (possibly) three to the !Khomani San Bushmen of the Northern & Central Kalahari / Kgalakgadi. (It is arranged by ElardusPark congregation, I tag along and just do as I'm told - no planning or such BUT we do need a lot in terms of support.]
I am running out of means to carry on with all the outreaches. R4000 pension per month does not go a long way in today’s Sure I can sit back and do nothing and argue "I've done enough" - But my conscience won't let me, and also the Lord don’t want me too.
So - This year I am not just approaching you to also join hands and come along, I ask for your prayers and thoughts [and spreading this info (News?)] but also for financial aid for these outreaches.
If you can / will assist, Please P/M me or e-mail to Uncle(dot) Mac @ fourwheeler (dot) BIZ
And the of course - all those within reach of Pretoria - Please assist in collecting clothes for the outreaches. 3-Tonnes of clothing is a LOT to collect and alone I cannot.
(Ohhhh - there is one missing you say ?? ?Well, it basically comes down to go living with the Khomani Bushmen for ± 5-weeks [the duration of the Soccer World Cup] and do as much as we can [Details to follow on a seperate thread]
Botsw need1.jpg
(151.73 KiB) Downloaded 1167 times
My Irish Wish for you all:

May the Road rise to meet you,
May the Wind be at Your Back,
May the Sun shine warm upon your Face,
The rains fall softly upon your fields -
and until we meet (again):
May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

If you wish to contact me but not here on the forum, please direct your e-mail to:
uncle.mac@fourwheeler.biz

But for now, our immediate need is the Botswana: Ranyane Outreach. We NEED 5-tonnes (Yes FIVE ) of clothing, and your thoughts and prayers and yes, any contribution you can make.
(Agarob's break down & Spanjaard's diesel pump overhaul left a dent in the purse)
Botsw need.jpg
(169.17 KiB) Downloaded 1167 times
Outreach2Africa - In support of Missionaries of Africa: Helping God's children doing God's work.
on't bring God down to your level of faith ... bring your faith up to His level!
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Re: Outreaches: 2010

Post by OOOOMS »

Mac, I am going to give you a call! The Hilux Team will pull something together, for sure!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Kagiso
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Kagiso »

Hey there Gents (and those ladies peeking in here)

I have a plight from the Cape (Peninsula area) - People want to donate clothing - but they dont know where to take it - and / or how to get it to us in Pretoria.

If you can help (a) to be a collection point and / or (b) can help to transport the collected clothes to Pretoria ...
Won't you please drop me a line on Xanagas.Alive@Gmail.com ???

OOmpie sal bajja bly wees manne - en julle weet - dis vir die Boesmans in Botswana [Ranyane]
Thanx - Uncle MAc [aka Kagiso]
Outreach2Africa - In support of Missionaries of Africa: Helping God's children doing God's work.
on't bring God down to your level of faith ... bring your faith up to His level!
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland

Post by kfxnando »

uncle Mac!!! fancy seeing you here!!!

some of uncle Macs adventures and outreach stories are available here!!

http://www.fourwheeler.biz/forum/viewforum.php?f=57

enjoy!! :mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kagiso
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Kagiso »

YO Chicken-Man - yipp, you know when it comes to The Lord's work I frequent all the 4x4 sites. You know what is Great on this site though: In the past I have invariably had much much better response and support from the Toyota guys than from the Nissan sites.
Unfortunately the 4x4Community smothered my posting there [must say - i am guilty too - I did not take it up with Dirk.] Ooh Boy - can you imagine how much more support one could get for the outreaches with the number of subscribers they have..

[about chicken man --- Are you KFC or Nando favourite?]
Oh - And thanx for the 'heads-up"
greetings
the uncle
(Het jy al resies gehardloop teen Boesmantjies ??? Kom saam - kom prbeer. en as jy nie kan nie - stuur daai keler en bydraes - ek sal dit NAMENS jou gaan doen ...]

Uncle
Martie Xanagas.jpeg 049.jpg
Martie Xanagas.jpeg 049.jpg (169.38 KiB) Viewed 5646 times
Martie Xanagas.jpeg 050.jpg
Martie Xanagas.jpeg 050.jpg (195.55 KiB) Viewed 5646 times
Attachments
Martie Xanagas.jpeg 049.jpg
Martie Xanagas.jpeg 049.jpg (169.38 KiB) Viewed 5646 times
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Kagiso wrote:Hey there Gents (and those ladies peeking in here)

I have a plight from the Cape (Peninsula area) - People want to donate clothing - but they dont know where to take it - and / or how to get it to us in Pretoria.

If you can help (a) to be a collection point and / or (b) can help to transport the collected clothes to Pretoria ...
Won't you please drop me a line on Xanagas.Alive@Gmail.com ???

OOmpie sal bajja bly wees manne - en julle weet - dis vir die Boesmans in Botswana [Ranyane]
Thanx - Uncle MAc [aka Kagiso]
Uncle Mac, is this still a problem? If so, please PM me, I might have a solution for you, from CT to Midrand.

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Kagiso
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Kagiso »

nou wat nou? hoekom is julle manne so stil?
Wie kom saam? Wie help bymekaarmaak? - Laat bikki vi Oompie weet asseblief manne ... hirri issi 'n taak vir een alleeen oukie nie. Wys weer daai Toy-eienaar staal van die vorige jare manne. :-)
mooiloop intussen.
Kagiso
Kagiso
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Re: Outreach to Botswana 6_16 May

Post by Kagiso »

Liewe Vriende: Ter wille van diegene wie nie Afrikaans onder die knie het nie, stuur ons hierdie versoek so in die Engels aan – Ek vertrou jy verstaan … die rede en die Engels J

Dear Friends, Supporters and Co-believersHere I am again (hier staan ek alweer bakhand)- but seeing that it is for a great and a good cause and a cause that is very dear to me ... bringing some warmth and the knowledge that "out there" there are people who care - to the Bushman of Ranyane and Xanagas & New !Xanagas.For this to be a success, I cannot achieve any of this without Our Lord Jesus’ blessing on it - and your generous support. Thus, I will swallow my reservations and any "shame' or "pride" and blatantly ask for you support, in:(a) That you pray for this outreach. First of all for people willing to go on this outreach and then for peace and goodwill amongst the Team that goes on the outreach; our equipment and vehicles. That no harm & damage happen to it; that we will be open to be lead by The Spirit to bring the Word and to Witness only to HIS will. And that we ourselves are protected from onslaught and grieve during this outreach. We are in a spiritual war, and the obstacles and objections will confront us all the way.(b) That you support or sponsor someone financially. Please make all and any contributions payable to: NG Kerk: Pretoria-Garsfontein, Reference: Botsw 10, banking details are below.[PLEASE complete the slip and fax it to: 0866231096 or mail (post) it to:PO Box 39357; Garsfontein East, 0600.]You decide and you contribute as you are lead to support - and if you don’t have, then make it a prayer that those who do have will see and take note and make a contribution.Yes, you may forward this. Please. (Photo copy, print or copy & paste into your e-mail and send to those whom you think may be able and willing to assist). There still is time, albeit not much, seeing that time seems to fly these days. [The older I get, the faster I was].I thank you.Mac. (O K … Uncle then – after all, I am not as young as I used to be J ]What we still need?· Firstly PEOPLE to come with.· Vehicles. One Combi and a number of 4x4’ to carry people & freight & water & food.· Young people [Students] (to play ball with the kids) AND to conduct vision tests - Reading glasses – from about +1 to +3· 1 000 Bibles [500 Tswana, 500 English - only New Testaments] @ R24.00 per Bible.· Five (5) Tonnes Clothing for Ranyane / Xaaukwe and New !Xanagas’ people. Thus far we have 5 black bags [50kg perhaps ?]. And there is a cry out from the hostel at Metsi Mantsu – the children don’t have anything warm [track suits, etc.] to protect them from the Winter chill. So in the evenings when they are supposed to have study time, they just sit and shiver. · Funds to get the team there:o Fuel for the vehicles with trailers for ± 3 200 Km each of which most will be off-road on gravel roads and 4x4 in heavy sand – our travels will take us along the Okwa river. Some tough going indeed.o Trailer rentals to carry the clothes.o Food for the group @ R35.00 per person per day.o Accommodation [yes, we pay to stay] average @ R45.00 per day.o (The man from SAT Rental [Satellite phone for emergency contacts] just phoned with the quotation: USD 250 for the period, USD$2,50 per minute [but we get 100 minutes free] AND USD$1 000 'deposit' ... eina.]Thank you kindly and VERY much - and please, DO pray for us and this outreach, all the time.Uncle Mac(Mc Menamin – oom.mac@gmail.com)

Dear Friend We thank the Lord for your generous support in 2009 which enabled the Outreach team to take 3-Tonnes of winter warmth to Ranyane, a remote village in Botswana. Members of our congregation as well as Christian owners of 4x4 vehicles will this year aim to spread the Gospel to the peoples of Botswana by showing the JESUS film and also bring the Word of the Lord DV from 6-16 May 2010.The target area is the Western and North Western regions of Botswana, on the border with Namibia. Concerning the Gospel, this area is regarded as one of the least reached parts on earth due to the absence of roads or infrastructure and can be reached only by four-wheel drive vehicles. Due to the great distances (we anticipate in excess of 4,500 km per vehicle) and the nature of the project, the cost is quite high, but we know not impossible to reach.The main objective of this year’s outreach is to collect and take 5-Tonnes of clothing to the New Xanagas and Ranyane communities – where unemployment is close on 100%. There is no industry, only a quarantine cattle ranch and but a few of the Bushmen are employment on the ranch … and the winter night temperatures drop well below zero.All logistical necessity items, such as tents, food, fuel and equipment for 10 days as well as literature and Bibles, must be transported from South Africa to enable us to do the Lord’s work in this area. The budget for the 2010 Outreach amounts to about R2 500. per person.We take liberty in requesting your support for the 2010 Outreach with clothing donations, financial assistance and especially your constant prayers. The team members are ordinary working people and have limited means. Your generous contribution will therefore ensure that the 2010 Outreach can be made possible. Clothes can be delivered at 285 Emmie Hartman Street, Garsfontein x10.Greetings in Christ our Lord, and thank you for your open heart and supporting prayers.Reverent Dr Gavin Meistre and Team
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Dankie Oom Mac, verduidelik asb hoe dinge te werk gaan ens.

- Kos
- Brandstof
- Akkamodasie ens

Groete
Maddoglips
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: P.E.
Vehicle: Raider 2.2 4x4; Mikem 50mm raised suspension, long range tank, Monroe gasses all round.

Post by Maddoglips »

Oom Mac

Could you please advise the dates at which all raised/collected donations need to be done by(recieved by yourselves).

Could you also supply the form as stated in the article with the bank details, this is if I can pass on the request, I'd be willing to help with collection of bibles/clothes ect but should there be any 1 wishing to make a cash donation, I'd prefer them to do it direct and not through me.

Thanks

Zane
It's better to Burn Out then Fade Away.

Return to “Places to go”