December holidays

Planning a trip or you need information about trails in your area.
JamesC
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Potchefstroom
Vehicle: SRX 2.5 4x4 D/C

December holidays

Post by JamesC »

If anyone knows of a quiet beach somewhere with affordable accommodation, will you let me know?

For December. Busy looking.
James Cameron
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: December holidays

Post by Mud Dog »

Google Mbotyi in the Lusikisiki district of the former Transkei (don't forget to look at Google Images as well). Very scenic area with unsurpassed beauty - probably the "best kept secret" holiday destination on the eastern seaboard and jewel of the wild coast.
There are no less than four spectacular water falls in close proximity - access with 4x4 only (the lodge arranges tours). One of the falls drops directly into the sea from a rocky beach cliff. There's the lagoon for safe swimming and a small private beach with access to the surf.

Access by road is tedious but doable even in a sedan while some choose to fly in by chopper. There is a lodge and camp sites - you'll have to enquire about seasonal rates. We stayed gratis by invitation in the off season, so not sure but I seem to recall that it was very affordable. Nothing overly fancy, but that's also part of it's appeal - (It's so beautiful and tranquil that I actually have it on my bucket list to go back there.)

And now that I've opened my mouth, the "cat is out of the bag" and the place will be over-run by Hilux4x4 members! :D:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

A taste ......

Image Link Broken
Image Link Broken
Image Link Broken
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
JamesC
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Potchefstroom
Vehicle: SRX 2.5 4x4 D/C

Post by JamesC »

eish, that is spectacular!!
James Cameron
StuckInTheMudd
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD