Found that impossible to get remote

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Kykdaar
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Hilux V6

Found that impossible to get remote

Post by Kykdaar »

When I bought my 97 DC 4x4 Hilux it came with only one remote for the factory fitted alarm/immobiliser. Seller told me that the other one broke, became lost, and that Toyota could not supply a replacement.

A few weeks thereafter I started doing some research of my own. From Toyota the answer was mostly the same "Sorry sir - discontinuid" or in one case "that remote comes from a Cressida :roll: and it is discontinued"

The system used on my vehicle is apparantly a Conlog system comprising of a black oval-shaped remote with the Toyota rings as the soft-press point and a minitiure override jack mounted in the dash just to the right of the steering wheel.

So what is my alternatives? Well, basically I was told that I would have to replace with another system.

I was, however, resistant to this because I liked the fact that I can "override/de-activate" the current system with the jack (in the case of remote failure). Quite a good feature to have when deep in the bush on an overlanding trip.

The good news is that I managed to track down a guy that can supply both remote and jack and can re-programme and align everything in a mater of minutes. Supply is not always guaranteed, so I sommer bought an additional two sets.

Cost of a remote + programming is R300.00. I forget what the small jacks cost, but it was not much.

Herewith the details if anyone has a similiar problem -

Nikisat
Tel 011 346-1826/7
Cell 0833900134

9 Grabor Rd
Whitney Gardens
Lyndhurst

Speak to "Alfie"
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Re: Found that impossible to get remote

Post by OOOOMS »

Tx Andre, there is also a Conlog dealer in Randburg, Fontain Blau. :thumbup:
Steffi
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: Hilux 2.8d SC

Post by Steffi »

Good Evening, who is the guy in Randburg Fontain Blau? any contact number?
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Welcome aboard Steffan! :thumbup:

You might be aware that this is an 8 yr old thread and the original posters might no longer frequent the forum. Hopefully someone else will be able to assist or you can find a Conlog dealer through a yellow pages or Google search. :winkx:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Steffi
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: Hilux 2.8d SC

Post by Steffi »

Thank you, Alfie's number is still active and he is able to help me.
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Good to hear! :thumbup:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Return to “The Workshop”