4Y Valve Timing Alignment Check

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

4Y Valve Timing Alignment Check

Post by Mr_B »

Hi Guys,

A few weeks ago I replaced the leaky pirate rear main seal with a Toy original, today I got stuck into changing the front one to a original Toy one. Now that the timing cover is off I would like to confirm that the cam timing has been done properly. I can see there is a mark on the cam gear and one on the crank gear, how do I go about checking that the alignment is correct. I have always wondered if it is not a tooth out, since I had the engine rebuilt. So now that I have the chance I would like to set my mind at ease.

Thanks,
Bretton
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Re: 4Y Valve Timing Alignment Check

Post by BenHur »

see if this will help? Also see viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1692&p=16001#p16001 for the first part.
Attachments
3 & 4 Y Engines timing chain.pdf
(1.44 MiB) Downloaded 616 times
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Re: 4Y Valve Timing Alignment Check

Post by Mr_B »

Hey Bennie,

Thanks a million, I couldn't wait for the specs, so I reassembled this morning, I need the her up and running on Monday morning. Based on the diagram in the PDF, it seems right. I am going to have a dyno tune done, that should also highlight any cam/ignition timing issues, etc. I am still going to do the EFI conversion as time allows.

Thanks again, I'm saving the PDF to my library of Lux documents!

Bretton

Return to “The Workshop”