Sump Gasket and Engine Mounts

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Cookie Monster
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2006 Hilux DC V6 Auto 4x4 Oldman Emu suspension

Sump Gasket and Engine Mounts

Post by Cookie Monster »

Hi Guys

I will be replacing my sump gasket and engine mountings on Saturday morning. On closer inspection I discovered that the mountings have apear to have collapst and are resting on the end stops so to speak :roll: . I am sure this is the sourse of my vibration so out with the old in with the new. And it seems the old 4y is starting to distroy the brick paving in the complex so I must replace the sump gasket. If any of you guys have replaced these items are there any tricks to it on the Hilux it looks straight forward :mrgreen: Oh and by the way does anyone know were I can get hold of a owners manual?? It seems you can no longer buy replacments from Toyota :(
2006 Hilux DC 4x4 4.0 V6 Old Man Emu suspension, Long Range Fuel Tank and a LA Sport Sump Guard, Natko railings with spade and high lift brackets, LA Sport high lift jack mounts, Powder coated Hilux Nudge Bar, Hella LED light bar, LED Work Light
SYRON CONVERSIONS
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Re: Sump Gasket and Engine Mounts

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

Concerning the manuals, the ones that we have, basically cover our type of Hilux's, but they are from Australia, will have a look for a contact details on them and come back to you, you mst also look at the transfer case mounting.

But before you start to work on your vehicle, remove one battery ternimal (safety).

Make sure that you clean both the metal surfaces propely once you have removed the sealant, we use meths or you can use thinners.

When you tighten up the sump bolts start from the middle out
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Post by BenHur »

Piet

The CD I sent you also have a SFA manual on which is PDF files which was scanned from a printed Workshop Manual. Can't you add it to the website somewhere and then when someone needs it they can either down load it chapter by chapter as needed or the entire thing which is about 50Meg?
Cookie Monster
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Cookie Monster »

Thats a great idea bennie :mrgreen: Only thing is it should only be available to registered members 8)
2006 Hilux DC 4x4 4.0 V6 Old Man Emu suspension, Long Range Fuel Tank and a LA Sport Sump Guard, Natko railings with spade and high lift brackets, LA Sport high lift jack mounts, Powder coated Hilux Nudge Bar, Hella LED light bar, LED Work Light
Niel
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Post by Niel »

Ditto CM
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Cookie Monster wrote:Thats a great idea bennie :mrgreen: Only thing is it should only be available to registered members 8)
Great idea! :P

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Cookie Monster
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Cookie Monster »

Well I fitted the mounts and sump gasket today and I cant tell you what a change it has made :mrgreen: its like a new hilux no more anoying vibrations from the engine :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :P :P :P Now all I have to do is sort the exhaust mountings out and things will be great. However its not only the sump gasket leaking :( The rear main is also leaking so I will have to pull the box out at some stage and I still have the diff to do aswell :( .
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Bennie, those files are still big even if I load them separately.
KZTE - 19Mb
1RZ - 32Mb
2L, 3L, 5L - 50Mb
2YU - 38Mb
3RZ - 33Mb
Chassis and Body RM585E -65Mb
Wiring EWD307F - 28Mb
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Post by BenHur »

I was actually referring to the SFA PDF manual.The different chapters were scanned into separate files. The IFS Manual is a bit big for downloading.

Return to “The Workshop”