E-locker won't engage

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Adiga
Town: Kfar Kama
Vehicle: Hilux LN165

E-locker won't engage

Post by Adiga »

Hello all,

After a mud trip with my 1999 4WD hilux LN165, e-locker's breather got clogged with mud and refused to release the diff lock.
Since that was the first time it happens, I didn't notice the breather at first, and I solved the issue manually by removing the e-locker and freeing the diff using a screw driver. Since then, the e-locker won't engage and it's light remains blinking.

After checking fuses, removing the e-locker while kept wired and pressing the diff lock button, showed that it doesn't spin.
I took the e-locker apart to check for corrosion or damaged brushes, but all seems right.

It looks like no power is reaching the e-locker after pressing the lock button.

Any suggestions?
Adiga
Town: Kfar Kama
Vehicle: Hilux LN165

Re: E-locker won't engage

Post by Adiga »

If by any chance the message above wasn't clear, then here is what I need-

The actuator (E-locker above) seems to be fine but no power reaches it when I turn on the diff lock switch.
I've cleaned the connectors with electrical contact cleaner spray but that didn't help.

Before posting the above, I did search the forum and google but didn't find a solution for my case.
Any suggestions for troubleshooting?
JEEPIE
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: Official hilux 4x4 club recovery vehicle
Club VHF Licence: X 43

Post by JEEPIE »

ronald would be your friend
mail him on info@4x4traction.co.za
OFFICIAL HILUX 4x4 RECOVERY VEHICLE

if you want to change this to recovered , first recover me - and have a relevant picture / foto to prove it !
ADVANCED 4x4 DRIVER COURSES DONE : US 254135 / US 254154
(STILL AWAITING SO-CALLED TETA CERTIFICATION VIA THE SERVICE PROVIDER AFRICAN OFF-ROAD ACADEMY - WHAT A JOKE)
legend35
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Hilux 2700i
Club VHF Licence: HC262

Post by legend35 »

Hi Kujan.I think the 4x4 computer might be your problem.First check all the wires, from the computer to the locker, for continuity .
2004 Hilux 2700i 4x4 Legend 35
ImageImageImageImage
Cowley branch and freeflow,long range tank,dual battery system,home made front and rear bumpers.
Joe-Tech
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: 2.5 Hilux D4-D 2012

Post by Joe-Tech »

Howzit Adiga........did you maybe test the diff-lock button itself and if you do get power to the diff lock make sure it engages before you put it back
scunick
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: FJ45 & 2004 DC 3,0 KZTE

Post by scunick »

legend35 wrote:Hi Kujan.I think the 4x4 computer might be your problem.First check all the wires, from the computer to the locker, for continuity .
A certain supplier left the 4x4 control unit (that controls the diff lock) in the rain during a conversion and it fried the ecu. My symptoms were the same as yours. Good continuity and no engagement...
Later
Nick

Return to “The Workshop”