PCV System

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
ratel's raider
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 1995 Toyota hilux SFA, 2007 2x4 hilux 3l d4d

PCV System

Post by ratel's raider »

My 22R engine (1995 hilux single cab 2.4 petrol) has developed a nasty habit of using oil, which happened very quickly, The engine has never used oil and then used about a liter of oil over about 1000 km. Does anyone know about the PCV (positive Crank ventilation system), did some reading up when I noticed a oil leak out the PCV valve. How do I get the PCV valve out does it just pull out or screw out or how. What else can it be the compression across all four cylinders seems to be fine. Any ideas please.
Natural stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Oil

Post by pietpetoors »

Does it smoke?
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
ratel's raider
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 1995 Toyota hilux SFA, 2007 2x4 hilux 3l d4d

Post by ratel's raider »

No visible smoke, but there is a discoloration on the bakkie side behind the exhaust. That was never there before. :(
Natural stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time

Return to “The Workshop”