Ehh a little help please!!

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Icelux
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Reykjavik
Vehicle: HILUX

Ehh a little help please!!

Post by Icelux »

Hi i just bought almost a week ago a 1990 hilux on the way home i could use left and right turn signals and hazard,
The car had stood for 3 months and the battery was dead so when i came in my hometown i bougt a new battery and put it in. I did not realize when exactly it started but now
I can only use the left turn signal with the switch by the steering wheel, but the right one does not work exept if i put the hazard on then the right one goes on but not the left one but if i put hazard on and put the left turn signal on (by steering wheel) then they both work :shock2:
#1 I have changed all bulbs
#2 I have checked all wires
#3 I have changed the realy and fuse
And i borrowed another hazard button(switch)
The only thing i could think of is that the steering wheel column
That is the switch is faulty?
Has anybody had this problem?
And maybe solved it ? :cooldude:
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Ehh a little help please!!

Post by Mud Dog »

Hmmmm ..... it sounds like there is a connection problem that could be in the switch itself. Maybe it just needs to be taken apart and cleaned. :think:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
The Legend
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 1994 2.2 4y 4x4 D/C Toyota Hi-Lux
Club VHF Licence: X93-

Post by The Legend »

Mud Dog wrote:Hmmmm ..... it sounds like there is a connection problem that could be in the switch itself. Maybe it just needs to be taken apart and cleaned. :think:
I agree with Andy -Remove he combination switch and check all the wires and clean the contact points properly
“A BAD DAYS FISHING IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAYS WORK”

“Do what you do so well, that the people that see you do it, will want to see you do it again,and will bring others to see you do it”
Fish Daiwa
Town: Mossel Bay
Vehicle: 1995 Hilux 2.4

Post by Fish Daiwa »

Hi Gents I am a Newbe

I have a 1995 double cab Hilux 2.4 Petrol we all know they are very heavy on fuel consumption and my 22R needs to be changed, I am thinking of fitting a Diesel engine in the 22R place

Can anyone give me some info on what diesel engine with ok performance and good fuel consumption that fits straight on the gearbox with minor modifications like exhaust, engine mountings, radiator

Sorry just to ad its a 5 speed gearbox

Really hope to get some info thanks Gents
Icelux
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by Icelux »

People around me are putting the 2.7 L nissan terrano engines in a yota!?!
Icelux
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by Icelux »

Im taking the switch and cleaning it, i will post a update when im finished. Thanks guys.
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

The Ford 2.5lit WL diesel motor is a nice conversion for off-road power and general economy. However it's not just a 'bolt on' conversion.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Return to “The Workshop”