Replacement LED H4 lamps

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Replacement LED H4 lamps

Post by Donkey »

Has anyone used these replacement LED H4 available at the shop?
Your experience/feedback please.

http://www.4x4direct.co.za/4855-tm_cart ... ht-kit.jpg
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
Road Block
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: Mazda

Re: Replacement LED H4 lamps

Post by Road Block »

They are one of the best lighting upgrades I have done , I almost never use my spots because they give such good light
LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C 1996

Post by LouisZ »

Normally on a SFA you don't have dims, you have candles. Well Xenons was a improvement but after the H4 Led upgrade it went to far better.

I checked the Headlight inserts and found that here and there some on the silver lining was pealing. I replaced both headlight inserts too. Brights 1st and dims 2nd. Now I got this......
Attachments
Brights.jpg
Dims.jpg
louis fourie
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Vehicle: 2003 Hilux Raider Facelift D/C 3.0 KZTE
Club VHF Licence: X101

Post by louis fourie »

I have them on my IFS and they are great for the 26km of dirt road I must drive before I hit tar, but oncoming traffic keep on asking for dim.
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear

Post by Donkey »

Thanks gentleman, I'll get soon
Tumelo Maketekete
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

ImageImage
dantjie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: kuilrivier
Vehicle: HILUX SFA LTD 2.4 EFI

Post by dantjie »

Goeie more Manne wil net hoor is dit soos n plug en play unit dat jy hom net inplug in drade en als werk of kort jy n klein modifikasie om die bright liggie (blou een) op die dash aan te kry soos met die HID kits? :thumbup:
Thunder02
Town: East Rand
Vehicle: IFS Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC105

Post by Thunder02 »

Danie, it's a plug and play option. I have not tested on a SFA yet, but I'm sure Louis will be able to tell us.
The light makes a world of difference, I'll never ever fit an HID kit into my vehicle again.
Not all those who wander are lost!

Scout motto:be prepared....
www.4x4direct.co.za
Email: boksburg@4x4direct.co.za
IFS is like a swambo, soft, sexy and expensive!
LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C 1996

Post by LouisZ »

Hi

My blue light did not work before, my globe is toast in the instrument panel. Let me check if I can get it going.

Its a plug and play unit. Only thing you might turn the base plate relative to the Led's to have the same alignment as the original globe. Its in the instructions how to do it.
dantjie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: kuilrivier
Vehicle: HILUX SFA LTD 2.4 EFI

Post by dantjie »

Thanx guys for the help.
louis fourie
Vehicle: 2003 Hilux Raider Facelift D/C 3.0 KZTE
Club VHF Licence: X101

Post by louis fourie »

I had issues without the booster harness. Left headlight was on bright, dashboard light not working, spotlights dead. Installed the booster harness and everything worked again.

http://www.4x4direct.co.za/headspot-lig ... rness.html
Mars
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux Dakar 2.8 GD-6 DC 4X4

Post by Mars »

I got a set from 4x4Direct. My first impressions of the replacement globes are very good. Everything is really well made and obviously of high quality materials. The heatsink is a work of art. There is a set of fitting instructions included which are a bit sketchy to me. (Seeing as it is only sketches :D: ) but it seems simple enough to follow. The angle of the LED is adjustable (i.e. can be rotated in the base plate) and the instructions also show how to adjust the angle but there are no instructions on why the angle should be adjusted. The sketches also do not show if the rubber boots sealing the headlights should be retained. At least not for the H4s but I assume they must. I will see if I have time to install them tonight and my answers will most probably be answered in that process.
lukestoyzx
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Griffith
Vehicle: 07 Hilux SR5

Post by lukestoyzx »

The old rubber boot should go around the base of the globe once ya remove the heatsink. They are designed to be rotated so the leds are pointing at the rite part of the reflector.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Mars
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux Dakar 2.8 GD-6 DC 4X4

Post by Mars »

I installed the LED H4 lamps yesterday. The halogen globe has what can best be described as a little cup obscuring/partially blocking what I assume to be the low beam filament which is located in a specific position. The LED lamp has 8 leds, 4 on either side also "embedded" in a cup. The orientation of the "cup" in the LED lamp is already set to the same position as the halogen globe. The bases of the globe is the same thickness so the rubber sealing the light is retained. Just make sure that it is properly seated on the base. The threaded section is thinner than the base so the heat sink screws on after the rubber is installed and is retained by a wavy washer.

This is truly a plug-and-play solution and it was not necessary to remove either the battery or air cleaner. The blue light on the dash also still works correctly.

Although not scientific at all there is a definite and marked improvement over the Nighbreakers I had installed. The LEDs are much brighter and my first observation is that there is "more" light. The high beam is also very bright.

Simply based on the limited observations driving in the dark this morning I already feel that this is a worthwhile upgrade.
Yo-Yo
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC 306

Post by Yo-Yo »

I fitted a set from 4X4 Direct here in Boksburg to the new Revo -- was nervous at first, knowing all the new temperamental electronics.
But - JOY,,, they work a treat.
Very seldom do I need to use spot lights, and have not had anyone bright me yet.
Urban driving not a big difference noted, but country, dark roads --- Brilliant.
Hot and Sweaty -- Nice if you with a Lady---BAD if you in the Jungle.
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Donkey »

Feedback appreciated
Tumelo Maketekete

ImageImage

Return to “The Workshop”