2011 d4d Door Sensor Issue - Solved

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Kortbroek
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Stellenbosch
Vehicle: 2.5 d4d 4x4 Hilux

2011 d4d Door Sensor Issue - Solved

Post by Kortbroek »

So I'm having a bit of a problem on my new to me hilux.

It is a 2011 2.5 d4d double cab. With all four doors and bonnet closed the "door open" light on the dash stays on. When driving it flickers and goes off at times.

When trying to lock the car using the remote, if the "door open" light is on it causes the alarm to go of and also does not lock the doors. In the few instances where this light is off I am able to lock the car and activate the alarm using the remote. So it is not the servo's or the locking system itself as I am able to always manually activate the central locking with the key in the drivers door. The issue seems to be that it thinks a door is open.

I have already done a first pass check on the door sensors and they all seem to be ok. The fact that the light flickers while driving tells me it is either a bad connection somewhere in the door sensor circuit or a bad relay. While trawling the internet I've seen the "integration relay" mentioned as maybe being the problem.

Has anyone had this issue before and where would the best place be to start troubleshooting?

Didn't initially notice the bakkie has a microswitch on the bonnet. It was the culprit.
:dash:

Dankie

Return to “The Workshop”