Release bearing on a hilux D4D keeps acting up

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Alex2539
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Walvis Bay
Vehicle: HILUX LEGEND 45 V6 4.0 4X4

Release bearing on a hilux D4D keeps acting up

Post by Alex2539 »

Hi there!

I recently replaced my clutch kit (OME ) in January ..the release bearing was making a noise too so they had to install a whole kit. This month after driving around 3000 KM on the new clutch i could hear the bearing noise as the clutch pedal is released. the first 2000 km were covered in town while the last 1000 km off-road. Luckily it was covered under warranty today, problem fixed. I am now wondering whether this was a faulty part or there is something wrong that causes damage to the release bearing ? anybody had a similar issue?
Bonded to Yotas :cooldude:
lukestoyzx
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Griffith
Vehicle: 07 Hilux SR5

Re: Release bearing on a hilux D4D keeps acting up

Post by lukestoyzx »

My bearing makes noise every now and then, sometimes bad too. Then it'll come good. Mine is aftermarket tho. Have changed it a couple of times over the years. I'm pretty efficient at it now, can do it in under 3 hours on my shed floor! Now I just put up with it. If it ever starts making noise constantly I'll change it again. I drive in a lot of crap too! They dont like muddy water!!!

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Die$eL
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Midrand
Vehicle: 06' Hilux 3.0 D4D 4X4

Post by Die$eL »

There is a clutch squeal on the D4Ds thats kinda normal. You learn to live with it.
Something to do with the clutch throw out bearing and its lubrication.
Real drivers use three pedals
Alex2539
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Walvis Bay
Vehicle: HILUX LEGEND 45 V6 4.0 4X4

Post by Alex2539 »

Thanks for the response fellas! The sound is so irritating...but as you said leave with it eish!. Does it have anything to do with the clutch slave cylinder? because at times i did flex the pin that goes into the slave cylinder and the noise disappears for some time
Bonded to Yotas :cooldude:

Return to “The Workshop”