Timing belt indicator warning light reset

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
FIRSTGEER
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: King WilliamsTown
Vehicle: 2,5 D4D Singlr Cab 4X4 Full OME suspension. snorkel.GMA aftermarket bullbar.
Club VHF Licence: HC 109

Timing belt indicator warning light reset

Post by FIRSTGEER »

I replaced the timing belt and waterpump on my 2,5d srx d4d about 100k kilos ago.I am not certain whether I reset the timing belt replace warning indicator which comes up on the dash and if I did, I can't recall how to reset the warning light.
How do I go about it and also what is the correct replacement interval for replacing the timing belt in kms ?
FIRSTGEER
Town: King WilliamsTown
Vehicle: 2,5 D4D Singlr Cab 4X4 Full OME suspension. snorkel.GMA aftermarket bullbar.
Club VHF Licence: HC 109

Re: Timing belt indicator warning light reset

Post by FIRSTGEER »

I managed to reset the warning light.
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Hi Tony, how did you do it? I think there might be some posts on this in the past, but if anyone searches in the future and comes across this thread, it would be handy for them to get the info here. Thanks. :winkx:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Mars
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux Dakar 2.8 GD-6 DC 4X4

Post by Mars »

I did it just last week. The belt, tensioner and pulley replacement interval is every 150 000 ks. The procedure is as follows:
1. Make sure the meter is set to ODO
2. Turn off the ignition
3. Press and hold the trip reset button and turn on the ignition whilst holding the button
4. Hold the button for about 5 to 10 seconds and release
5. The number 15 will appear on the display. It would appear that this is the default value.
6. Press and hold the button until the ODO display appears again.
7. The Timing Belt light will go off if you did it correctly.

Some guys say you should press the button 15 times until 15 appears again but I found that once you access this function 15 appears by default an then it continues counting up to twenty for every press of the button. Then it starts at 1 again. This means you need to keep on pressing the button until 15 appears again. Every 1 represents 10 000 kilometers.
Last edited by Mars on Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

:thumbup:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Return to “The Workshop”