3RZ IFS Coil Packs, Sensors

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
drew3
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Tuli Block
Vehicle: '01 Toyota Hilux 4x4 Raider 2.7i DC

3RZ IFS Coil Packs, Sensors

Post by drew3 »

Hi everybody!

Been reading into cleaning of sensors etc on the 3RZ, and so I bought some contact cleaner at Midas. So far I just plan on cleaning the MAF sensor for a start, and will consider cleaning other sensors at a later stage (any suggestions?).

But I've read on a few Aussie forums of guys cleaning the "coil packs" and getting vastly improved fuel consumption... But I don't know what a coil pack is?!

I believe it has something to do with the distributor/plugs/fuel system. Can anybody point this out to me? Words are great, photos are better :)

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

2001 Hilux 4x4 Raider 2.7i DC
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: 3RZ IFS Coil Packs, Sensors

Post by Mud Dog »

Be very gentle when cleaning the MAF. Don't know the 3RZ very well but if you post a pic of the engine bay I should be able to locate them for you. :winkx:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
drew3
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by drew3 »

Mud Dog wrote:Be very gentle when cleaning the MAF. Don't know the 3RZ very well but if you post a pic of the engine bay I should be able to locate them for you. :winkx:
Random Google stock image of the engine attached. Not my own.Image

Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

That one is small and doesn't help very much. I've looked at some other google pics and it seems that although there are changes in different year models, the coil pack piggy-backs against the distributor. I'm not sure what yours looks like, but here's a pic .......

COIL.JPG
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
drew3
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by drew3 »

Mud Dog wrote:That one is small and doesn't help very much. I've looked at some other google pics and it seems that although there are changes in different year models, the coil pack piggy-backs against the distributor. I'm not sure what yours looks like, but here's a pic .......

COIL.JPG
Wil have to take a look later, but thanks a lot.

Return to “The Workshop”