Hilux Vigo 2009 bumper removal

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
atzerath
Town: Borgerhout
Vehicle: Hilux Vigo 2009

Hilux Vigo 2009 bumper removal

Post by atzerath »

Hi,
I'm the proud owner of a 2009 Hilux that I inherited from my dad with only 12000km's on the counter.
Recently I drove through a pack of snow and one of the plastic plugs got lost from the bumper so I bought aftermarket fog lights because who wants holes in his bumper?!
My dad was a pretty basic guy so I have a Hilux with less than zero options; ie it didn't even have a radio when he bought it because who needs a radio...?
Unfortunately I've never worked on a car before so the first step is already a bump in the road: bumper removal...
Can anybody shed some light on this? I've searched for service manuals but they don't seem to work..
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Hilux Vigo 2009 bumper removal

Post by Mud Dog »

Welcome Kevin. :thumbup:

I drive older models than the Vigo, so not familiar with what you're asking. However, it should be pretty basic. Start by removing the plastic inner fender linings in the front wheel, wells - these might be help in place with screws or clips. From there you can better see in behind the fender where the anchor points are for the bumper and access will be easier for the side mounts.

The centre mounts will have to be accessed from under the vehicle and if it's a 4x4 Vigo it should be high enough off the ground to get in there without jacking it up. If it's not a 4x4 model and you have to jack it up, be sure to chock the rear wheels as well as to keep the handbrake on. You should also make use of some sturdy jack-stands in the front because you will be working under there and might be wrestling with some stubborn bolts.

Not being familiar with your vehicle, that's about as far as I can be of assistance but it should not be difficult to figure out. Hopefully one of the guys who is familiar with the Vigo can assist you more accurately.

Good luck. :winkx:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Return to “The Workshop”