1kd engine losing power

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
sbuyoungbaby
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 3.0l d4d 1kd quantum

1kd engine losing power

Post by sbuyoungbaby »

Hello good people I need help/pointers,well I changed my 2.5l on a quantum n put the 3.0l the 1st fire up was glorious and power was amazing I had full power nothing was wrong at all,now I'm losing power I don't reach 120km easily,well there is this sensor on the inlet manifold I think its called the turbo boost or whatever,this sensor has 3 wires from it,the wires were broke at 1st and it ran well but now some people say that may be the cause to my power loss but guys plz note,this car was performing very well without those wires connected and still they are not connected what might be the problem though,any other sensors or wires or hardware I should look at?
Attachments
This is my quantum
This is my quantum
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Re: 1kd engine losing power

Post by pietpetoors »

Check at the Turbo if ALL the pipes are properly connected. Sometimes a pipe at the turbo gets loose which can cause loss of power.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots

Return to “The Workshop”