electrical problem

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
pieter2011
Town: vereeniging
Vehicle: 2011 Toyota hilux dc sex 4x4

electrical problem

Post by pieter2011 »

Good day
I have a 2011 Toyota hilux dc srx. I had a problem with my breaklights not working so I changed the fuse and checked the rest and replaced all the fuses now my power windows and tailights and a.c. does not work. any idees
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Re: electrical problem

Post by Family_Dog »

Pieter, welcome to the forum. It would seem that one opf the new fuses is no longer working or making proper contact. Best is to check this fuse with a digital multimeter set to the 'ohms' or even 'diode' scale, it should of course read a dead short.

I had the same issue with a gate motor, the blade fuse looked ok but it didn't work. Replacing it did the job.

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: electrical problem

Post by Mud Dog »

The brake lights could just be a bad earth or bad connection at the lamps themselves. The rest only happened when you disturbed the fuses, so almost certainly a fuse is now blown or more likely not making proper contact either on the fuse itself or on the fuse box wiring.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Return to “The Workshop”