Adjustable side mirror

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Michael J D
Town: windhoek
Vehicle: Hilux DC 4x4 3.0L

Adjustable side mirror

Post by Michael J D »

Thanks admin for accept. Hi all. The RH side mirror of my vehicle adjusts inwards & outwards when I push the button.However it does not adjust upwards & downwards . The LH side mirror works perfectly through both dimensions.So the problem is not with the switch. Agents only want to replace the side mirror at cost of around R2500 ex vat & labour. Has anyone experienced this issue before and is there a way to solve it without replacing the entire unit? Looking forward to reply.Rgds Mike
Rebel 4x4
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2020 Toyota Fortuner GD-6 4x4 Auto

Re: Adjustable side mirror

Post by Rebel 4x4 »

Open it up and check for loose wires or something. Maybe it is pinched somewhere.
Sent from my iPhone
Rigger
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: George
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 3.0 S/C 4x4

Post by Rigger »

Mine does the same. However if I hold it in for about 5 seconds or so then it starts to move. Both my mirrors does it. I have removed the switch and cleaned the connections. But didn’t change anything. I just live with it as I am driving the bakkie 99% of the time so no adjusting necessary.
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

The problem is not with the switch if it operates the LHS mirror OK. More than likely the problem will be either the vertical plane motor itself or the connections to that motor (inside the mirror). Could also be as suggested that the wires have become pinched where they pass from the body to the door.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Michael J D
Town: windhoek
Vehicle: Hilux DC 4x4 3.0L

Post by Michael J D »

Thanks for advice. It seems I will have to strip the mirror??

Return to “The Workshop”