IFS LOWER CONTROL ARM BUSHES

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
hentey
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: worcester
Vehicle: 2700i 4x4

IFS LOWER CONTROL ARM BUSHES

Post by hentey »

I am shocked/stunned/baffeled and straight down p!ssed off.Correct me if I'm wrong but piracy is still going strong,alive and well in our midst.All I wanted to do was to rotate my tyres after the 10k service as I normally do.
"Sir let's check the wheel alignment" and now I'm going to be a couple of thou poorer.The job could not be done because the LCAB were seized/rusted whatever and then "SORRY OOM,DEALERS ONLY" no pirate parts available type of story. 1x bush R607.26
1x bolt R255.52
1x washer R80.46
1x nut R18.53
total R961.77 plus vat and I need 4 of them.This is without labour and the wheel alignment has to be set again.In total this is gonna cost me between 4 & 5k just like that.Come on guys there must be an alternative,times are tough.Any advice on this????????????
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: IFS LOWER CONTROL ARM BUSHES

Post by Mud Dog »

Why can't you use the old bolts / nuts / washers and get a machine shop to turn new bushes for you ...... should be able to get them at a lot less than 1k. :think: If the bushes have chewed the bolts, then get those only from the stealers and leave the nuts / washers. Also ask the machine shop if bronze bushes would be better and at the same time have grease nipples fitted to the bush housing for lubrication to avoid future problems. :wink:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
hentey
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by hentey »

I take note Andy.Lets see what this leads to. :!:
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

No harm in asking them hey, .... those bushes used to be made from a hard type of rubber if I'm not mistaken ... I was just wondering if it's really neccessary for them to have some 'give' in them, and if bronze would be suitable. :think:

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Scooter
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: JHB
Vehicle: '94 Raider, '05 Vigo 4.0 v6

Post by Scooter »

Give Gemini Spares in JHB a call, maybe they can help. They import genuine spares and pirate spares.

(011) 334 1417

104 Frederick Str
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."
GTO
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Fish Hoek
Vehicle: 2002 2700i 4x4 DC ; 1995 2.4 SRX

Post by GTO »

I have noticed that trying to get pirate parts for my 2700i is impossible.

But for my old 2.4SRX it is easy.
2002 Hilux 2700i 4x4 DC(facelift)
1995 Hilux 2.4 SRX Raider(4x2) Still my favourite!
1985 Suzuki DR600S
1984 Honda ATC200ES BIG RED
Buff
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: D-4D Hilux Raider 4x4

Post by Buff »

A mate of mine just had his 2.7i's done as well. Think he said it set him back around R3200.
He had the same problem as you, they couldn't align the wheels.
If that's the case, I'm never going to rotate mine :crazy:
Hilux 2.7 Raider D/Cab 4x4
hentey
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by hentey »

Not the type of feedback I wished for, so it seems that the knowledge about Hiluxes is mainly limited to sfa if I draw my own conclusion.Either IFS owners do not set their wheel alignment or the fitment centres do not tell them about the problem,cause in the Worcester area alone I know of 3 Hilux owners with the same problem that I have. They obviously took the expensive way,and it seems to be the only way.
THE VERDICT: The stealers will have their way with me.I'm not a happy chappy :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

The stealers will have their way with me.I'm not a happy chappy
Eish, can't say I blame you. It seems that nowadays you just gotta bend over and close your eyes :(

Okkie Van Wyk
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Middelburg
Vehicle: 2011 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C
Club VHF Licence: N019

Post by Okkie Van Wyk »

Mud Dog wrote:No harm in asking them hey, .... those bushes used to be made from a hard type of rubber if I'm not mistaken ... I was just wondering if it's really neccessary for them to have some 'give' in them, and if bronze would be suitable. :think:
Hi to all you clever people
I have the same problem, Now I was wondering is there some one out there that can help on this issue , maybe import at a more reasonable prise or tell us if it is advisable , possible to get bushes made from a different material ………… HELP
123 WEG MP
2011 Hilux Vigo 3.0 D4D D/C
VENI VICI VIDI
CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED
FUDGES
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: D4D 3.0l

Post by FUDGES »

Try Uys he knows alot of people that maybe can help or maybe he can help.
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Hentey, "Suspension Parts" in Pretoria (012)327-5700 het vir R195 elk. Die sê as jy die bout met spookpis spuit en eers die volgende dag losmaak kan jy die ou bout en washer weer gebruik.
Ek gebruik gewoonlik vir Timefright vir sulke pakkies, maar dalk ken iemand 'n goedkoper courier. Die goed is mos lig, as iemand in Pretoria dit vir jou kan koop kan hulle dit met Poskantoor Speed Services stuur wat seker nie meer as R100 sal kos nie.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

As daar een ding is wat ek hoop ons eendag sal regkry sal dit wees dat ons die agente kan oorreed om op te hou om hulle lojale kliënte so te besteel.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Hi-Hilux
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Tsumeb
Vehicle: 1991 Hilux2.2 ---1987 Hilux D/C Hella 1000, Rancho RS9000XL shocks, Good Year M/TR, Warn Winch, STK bullbar, Extended shacles, Kenwood VHF-SOLD

Post by Hi-Hilux »

pietpetoors wrote:As daar een ding is wat ek hoop ons eendag sal regkry sal dit wees dat ons die agente kan oorreed om op te hou om hulle lojale kliënte so te besteel.
Hoor Hoor :thumbup:
Is gebed jou spaarwiel of jou stuurwiel?
'Life is a coin. You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it ONCE'
hentey
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by hentey »

Dankie Pieter,ek dink die ouens het n probleem om die goed los te kry sonder om die rubber in sy melk in te draai.Cristoff(propshaft) het al n paar van die goed vervang teen daai hengse prys,so hy sal ook bly wees om te weet van n alternatief.Ek sal more bel en uitvind.
hentey
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by hentey »

Mud Dog wrote:
Eish, can't say I blame you. It seems that nowadays you just gotta bend over and close your eyes :(
I only unnerstand you now Andy.............but I am not THAT cheap. :lol: :lol:
or THAT hardup :lol: :lol:
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

hentey wrote:
Mud Dog wrote:
I only unnerstand you now Andy.............but I am not THAT cheap. :lol: :lol:
or THAT hardup :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe not, Hentey old pal ...... but you're definitely a lot slower than my 4Y !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
or THAT hardup
... :shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Hoe lag ek nou! :wink:

TJV
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 3.0 liter D4D Fortuner,, Roof rack and VHF radio
Club VHF Licence: X 110

Post by TJV »

Hentey, Ek het net saterdag wielsporing laat doen en daar was roes op die skroefdraad wat ons met spookpis reggedokter het. As gevolg van die baie Bobbejaan spanner werk het ek toe gevra of dit kan vervang word. Hulle antwoord was dat ek dit by die suspension shop soos Pieter gese het moet gaan koop dan sal hulle dit vervang.
Okkie Van Wyk
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Middelburg
Vehicle: 2011 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C
Club VHF Licence: N019

Post by Okkie Van Wyk »

Thanks aan julle almal sal julle op hoogte hou met die vordering
123 WEG MP
2011 Hilux Vigo 3.0 D4D D/C
VENI VICI VIDI