2700i settings for coastal use?

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

2700i settings for coastal use?

Post by pietpetoors »

I bought my 1999 2700i in Jo'burg a while ago. I stay in Langebaan which is 140Km north of Cape Town.
Is it still like in the olden days that you have to set the timing and fuel mixture for coastal use or will it adjust automatically according to the the airflow meter?
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Hi Piet,

As far as I know, you do not have to change anything. The ECU looks after all that for you, just remember to use the correct octane rating fuel, unleaded.

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

pietpetoors

coast

Post by pietpetoors »

Thanks, using the correct octane would be rather easy because they only sell the high octane down here.
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Hi Piet,

Just noticed that you also have 31" Cooper tyres fitted to your 'lux! Have them on mine as well, good tyre :)

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

pietpetoors

Coopers

Post by pietpetoors »

I had the 30" on my Terrano and it was the first thing I fitted on the Hilux. I love the Coopers, they are really nice tyres.
Niel
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Re: Coopers

Post by Niel »

pietpetoors wrote:I had the 30" on my Terrano and it was the first thing I fitted on the Hilux. I love the Coopers, they are really nice tyres.
Have to decide on new tyres in the near feature and seems that almost everyone is very happy with the Copper ST and or STT. They very well priced in relation to the MTR's ..........

My question is around road holding on wet tar roads (that statement will exclude BFG as an option) as I use it mostly on tar (at the moment driving to work) :( 5 % off road at the moment

I have been promised a set of ST at R 1050 per tyre (all included) but the above question still have not really been answered.

Your comments?
pietpetoors

Re: 2700i settings for coastal use?

Post by pietpetoors »

Niel, I have not had an emergency situation on wet road with the Coopers yet. But general road holding on wet road according to me is very good. With normal driving conditions around here and in Cape Town during the rain I never had a situation where the wheels locked.

I always feel safe, even when hitting a dam of water on the tar road.
On the wet gravel road during our last trip I had not problems at all.

R1050.00 in the Cape is a very good price, I paid R1000 each 2 months ago for mine in JHB.

Please let us know who gave you that quote and if you are happy with their service post a comment in the "Good Service" section.
Niel
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Re: 2700i settings for coastal use?

Post by Niel »

Piet

Good to hear

Will do, I know someone that knows someone but I don't mind - will let you know. Will speak to them on a forum price.

Return to “The Workshop”