Self Recovery - Max Trax

What Recovery Equipment do you use.
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Self Recovery - Max Trax

Post by OOOOMS »

While driving to a canyon near Serra Cafema looking for a nice camping spot, (which we eventually found) we passed through a couple of dunes on a small jeep track, and a sharp bend and before I knew it, my van was going nowhere.....

So out OOOODS and I got to have a look how stuck we were and shucks.....on the belly....wheels dug in.....

So out with my 'untested' max track's in sand, pushed them under the wheels with one hand, and within one second out of trouble, without any effort. My Cruiser mate radio'd me and said, "wow that's what you can buy me for xmas!!!"

I would not have believed it myself, but here is proof that these things really work :thumbup: So money well spent, I believe :!: :wink:

https://www.maxtrax.com.au/
Attachments
Camp Syncro Serra Cafema Puros 132 (Small) (Small).JPG
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Self Recovery - Max Trax

Post by Mud Dog »

I see Fox & Sons in JHB are the RSA importers, but no price details listed. How much were they?

The old metal sand ladders were heavy, and I've always just used a couple of pieces of 6mm alu chequer plate .... lightweight, robust, non-corrosive, reasonable grip, very easy to clean and storage is flat. Additionally they can serve as table tops, floor 'mats' outside your tent to wipe off shoes / feet, can be placed over the coals flat side up to fry eggs / grill meat or even just used as shields for a fire in windy conditions. Will post a pic if anyone is interested.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Vanderbijlpark
Vehicle: 98 LTD Hilux 4x4 SFA, 2JZ GE L6 VVT-i 3.0i, Bilstein shox, OME and a Land Cruiser 79 series

Post by Spartan »

MD
Why is it just you that want to show us what it looks like a nice action pic from 0000MS would have been nice :twisted:
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

I see Fox & Sons in JHB are the RSA importers, but no price details listed. How much were they?
Andy, I think F&S sell them for R3k a set, when I called them last year. A 'mate' of mine from Aus came over for a visit last year and got them for me for R1.8k.

As I do not have a winch fitted, I thought it better to have them at a 5th of the price. Winch is in most cases for LR recovery in any case, touch wood....
nice action pic from 0000MS would have been nice
Sorry Jaco, they got me out of trouble so quick, OOOODS did not have time to take a pic :lol: :lol: :lol:
Will do the test again...., just need to find some sand :thumbup:
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

OOOOMS wrote:
Andy, I think F&S sell them for R3k a set, when I called them last year. A 'mate' of mine from Aus came over for a visit last year and got them for me for R1.8k.

As I do not have a winch fitted, I thought it better to have them at a 5th of the price. Winch is in most cases for LR recovery in any case, touch wood....
nice action pic from 0000MS would have been nice
Sorry Jaco, they got me out of trouble so quick, OOOODS did not have time to take a pic :lol: :lol: :lol:
Will do the test again...., just need to find some sand :thumbup:
Is daar nie 'n golfbaan daar naby jou met lekker diep bunkers nie? :twisted: :twisted:
To God be the glory
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Jaco, I was referring to a pic of my tread plates, but you're right, an action pic from Mark would have been nice. :D I've included a pic .... the specs are for scale reference. One is smooth side up ..... not too clean I'm afraid :wink:

Tread Plates.JPG
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Is daar nie 'n golfbaan daar naby jou met lekker diep bunkers nie?
Ruimsig of Eagle Canyon, sure they will be impressed, as I do not have to pay green fees!

Really, it was effortless!
Bushwacker
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Vryheid Natal
Vehicle: 2003 HILEX, 35" maxxis. 2009 Prado 120 VX

Post by Bushwacker »

Seems that milk crates can do the job :wth:
Attachments
P1013402.jpg
warrenaken
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: JHB
Vehicle: 3.0 KZ-TE 4x4
Club VHF Licence: X04

Post by warrenaken »

I am busy / have made my own :thumbup:
Keen to test them in the Kalahari now!
1.6m
1.6m
trax2.JPG (28.02 KiB) Viewed 10677 times
Easy to pack
Easy to pack
trax1.JPG (35.65 KiB) Viewed 10677 times
Toyota Hilux KZ-TE
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

Have you guys seen this product before?
http://www.shop2camp.com/store/shopdisp ... overy+Gear
Look at the YouTube link.When you look at it remeber to look at the product and not just the people :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
esajoda
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: Isuzu D/C 2.8 & Toyota D/C 3.0 KZ-TE

Post by esajoda »

So Warren, Have you managed to test your sand tracks?
warrenaken
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: JHB
Vehicle: 3.0 KZ-TE 4x4
Club VHF Licence: X04

Post by warrenaken »

Have not been stuck (Not even in my mates Nissan :lol: ), but have been playing a bit.
sand trax.jpg
Toyota Hilux KZ-TE
Shumba138
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Villeurbanne
Vehicle: None

Post by Shumba138 »

I checked with Fox&Sons, a pair of Matrax is R4000...
Now looking at the new grip n go at Frontrunner for R999, far cheaper and foldable...
here is a pic: http://www.4x4direct.co.za/gripngo/sand-track2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
the BuTch3R
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: '89 Hilux SFA - SOLD; '95 Hilux - STOLEN; '67 Series 2A Land Rover; 3.5 V6 Pajero; 120 Prado VX 4.0

Post by the BuTch3R »

Pieter, you were selling pvc grid sand ladders not so long ago. These were great, could be used for bridging too.

Any chance of getting more in?

Return to “Recovery Equipment”