Nambia, Richtersveld, West Coast, Namaqualand - adding pics

Tell us about your recent trip. Please add some photographs.
Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Pathfinder 2.5 LE AT
Club VHF Licence: X81

Nambia, Richtersveld, West Coast, Namaqualand - adding pics

Post by Traveler »

Thought I'll do this one by Blackberry as time and signal allows.

And I'll ad the pictures when I get back home.

Kind of semi live coverage.

We left home this morning just shy of 01h00 and drove via Potchefstroom to Vryburg. I chose this route cause I know the road via Ventersdorp is terrible and plenty road works.

We did not miss either though. Between Schweizer and Vryburg the road in the Schweizer district was terrible. And we went past Taxis doing probably 40km/h. Despite this we still managed a reasonable average of 87km/h.

When we left home I had only filled the primary diesel tank not wanting to add unnecessary load. In Vryburg we added 80l to an approx 50l in the primary tank.

We left Vryburg behind for Kuruman and started hitting our shares of stop and goes at road works. This added about 50minutes to our journey. Apart from that the road was good and properly busy. PLENTY heavy loaded 4x4's flying past us in convoys. I had my radio on ORRA1, but the only radio traffic was the staff from the construction companies, and a farmer discussing breakfast with his wife.

We reached Upington at 09h53. Very funny, we were averaging 107km/h and all these convoys flew past us and our unintentional collection of other more sensible 4x4's. Y41 from ORRU driving behind us all that way. Anyway, as we entered Upington we found all of them busy topping up tanks at the first filling station.

We dropped in at Dros and had a solid breakie.

After that we started looking for a place to buy fresh bread rolls. What you have to understand about Upington, on public holidays the town closes down........ We came right at the Spar, but it was so busy that they were controlling the flow of people into the shop.

After that we drove to our destination at Oranjerus. A resort south of the Orange river and 21km west of Upington. It is a lovely place to stay over and I recommend it without reserve.

Our afternoon went past without much event but we had a 15min rain shower at 6pm to add some excitement to our braai.

Now our day is over, time for sleep after a lovely day, a lekker braai and watching the bright stars.

Tomorrow we are going over the border into Namibia.
Last edited by Traveler on Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Know what you don't know.
Hi-Hilux
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Tsumeb
Vehicle: 1991 Hilux2.2 ---1987 Hilux D/C Hella 1000, Rancho RS9000XL shocks, Good Year M/TR, Warn Winch, STK bullbar, Extended shacles, Kenwood VHF-SOLD

Re: Nambia, Richtersveld, West Coast, Namaqualand

Post by Hi-Hilux »

Klink baie lekker, kan al amper vir jou se, welkom in Namibia. Laat weet as jy enige probleem in Nam het of kry. Help graag.
Is gebed jou spaarwiel of jou stuurwiel?
'Life is a coin. You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it ONCE'
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Sounds good, Heinrich! Had I known you were going to pass through Klerksdorp, I would have had my radio tuned to ORRA 1!

Have a safe trip further and I look forward to your trip report. :)

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

AM Racing
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: East London
Vehicle: Range Rover Classic V8

Post by AM Racing »

Snap some pics with the BB and upload from there......
ImageImageImage
Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Traveler »

Dankie Trevor. Ek het besluit om Namibia binne te gaan by Vioolsdrift en nie Ariamsvlei nie, en van daar ry ek na Karasburg.

Eric, I have to add changing route through Klerkies was a last minute decision. Original plan was to head north after Potch.

Dylan, I tried that one, but my connection is so slow that the uploads time out. I'll try one again tomorrow.

There is an epic thunderstorm on the horizon to our south, I hope it misses us.

george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

Lekker man.Geniet dit
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Traveler »

Three days have passed and MANY km's and many new memories. Signal has been either very weak of non-exist ant so only able to post no that I am in Hondeklipbaai.

We left from Oranjerus and headed for Kakamas via Keimoes again in pouring and driving rain. In between there were spots were the rain stopped and we managed to stop for a couple of pictures.

Between Kakamas and Pofadder it rained so heavy that visibility was less than 50m. At least it stopped again before we reached Pofadder.

From Pofadder we headed for the border post at Onseepkans and the weather started improving. And the scenery started changing dramatically. The road to the border was not nearly as bad as I have heard reported more than once before.

The border crossing in South Africa was over in less than 2 minutes and absolutely painless with friendly and assisting staff. We went over the border and I experienced my second worst border crossing EVER. It took us 1.5 hours to get done and I had to go back to the SAPS to add my GPS to the DA65. The Namibian Police couldnot even agree with each other if the single packet of vacuum packed chicken was permissible. In the end I threw it away but only after cutting the packaging open and rolling it in the dirt.

If I had not paid for my accommodation I would have skipped Namibia for another trip............

Anyway the border was behind us and we could continue on our way. We went on to Kakamas and then Grunau. After Grunau we turned south towards Aussenkehr and Norotshama river lodge and it was near Aussenkehr that I was glad that I did not turn around at the border. To state that the landscape was dramatic and out of this world is an understatement. It blew my mind away. You can spend a month in the area taking pictures that will all be different. Arriving at Norotshama was another lovely surprise and the camping was first rate.
Last edited by Traveler on Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Good stuff Mr H, will be following with great interest :thumbup:

So far so good :clap: :clap: :clap:
Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Traveler »

Thanks Mark.

Before I start the next episode, allow me to say that Dreadnought as an overlanding vehicle is everything I could ask for. Comfortable, spacious, reliable, fuel efficient and very capable in the rough stuff.

So we left Norotshama and headed for Vioolsdrift and on the way back I decided that there cannot be a more amazing road on our continent.

We headed for the Namibian border offices for some trepidation after our experience the previous day and they did not fail to impress with their frowns and clear indications that we were intruding on their free time. In fact they even made ZA customs on the opposite side seem efficient and friendly.

On we travelled to Steinkopf and after some inexpensive shopping we headed towards Port Nolloth. After about 70km you turn North towards Lekkersing on another dirt road to travel through Lekkersing past Kuboes towards Sendelingsdift and the Richtersveld National Park. What an amazing drive, dunes, rocks, gravel, and all of them mixed together a road that offers spectacular views and should be included on the WRC.

We arrived to very friendly staff at the park and headed to our overnight campsite at Potjiespram on the Orange river (the third and last night at this river).

The campsite is well shaded and offer only ablutions, more than that you bring everything along.

Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Excellent report, Heinrich! Port Nolloth is a fascinating little town, I enjoyed my stay there tremendously. We camped at MacDougall's. On your way back, don't forget to have a meal at Springbok Cafe. I hope it is as historic now as it used to be back then, with all the fascinating photos plakked on to the wall.

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Traveler »

So we left Potjiespram and took a drive through the Richtersveld early the morning to get the best possible photo opportunities, and we were not disappointed. Plenty pictures of stunning vistas. It really is an awe inspiring area; and more rewarding than the time and effort to get there.

After getting pictures of the "halfmens" and "The hand of God" we left the park behind us. Headed due west following the Orange River most of the way to Alexander Bay. We turned into Alexander Bay for a ful 45seconds and then carried on South to Port Nolloth, this time on a tar road and facing the damage caused by the human "lust" for diamonds and the damage caused in obtaining a shiny rock.

Port Nolloth was a pleasant experience and we managed to buy tjoppies, beer, and fresh veggies at the local Spar. After we had purchased the necessary supplies I filled Dreadnought's tanks with Engen diesel and heade east. Our next stop being Hondeklipbaai.

First we headed towards Steinkopf and then onto a unnumbered dirt road just marked "Wolfberg". This road turned into 170km of rather testing terrain. I even picked up a Hilux steel rim from an IFS with a tyre. If that tyre is yours, I left it standing at the junction of the Springbok, Port Nolloth and Kommagas roads.

After roads varying from wide very smooth dirt road to completely broken "tweespoor" tracks with deep testing sand on this road we reached Hondeklipbaai. And the Hondeklipbaai camping site. This will rate as the least scenic site itself, but we do have the Atlantic ocean pounding the off shore reef with severity less than 200m where I am sitting now and sharing our experience.

We will spend 2 nights here before heading of to Namaqua National Park. Which we incidentally did pass through on the way to Hondeklipbaai.

Derren
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2001 Hilux KZ-TE D/C

Post by Derren »

Awesome :thumbup:
Toyota Hilux D/C KZ-TE 2001
TJM Bumper, TJM XGS Suspension (with Bilstein shocks), Gomad Alu-Canopy, Snorkel, Chip & Intercooler, Dual Battery
Hyundai ix35 2.0 2011

Four Wheel Drive Club - Western Cape
Hilux4x4.co.za Club
arnize2
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Wellington
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4X4

Post by arnize2 »

This is very nice getting a report "as it happens". Enjoy every moment. Sad to hear that the Namibian borders are now also an unpleasant experience.
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

My calculation plotted on Mapsource estimates about 2900km so far up to Namaqua Park?

Mr H, can't quite figure out why in an out and round about in Namibia ? (must have cost km's....)

Looking forward to some more :thumbup:
Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Traveler »

Trip into Namibia was to see the Aussenkehr which I have never seen before. The original plan was to pass through Ai-Ais and into the Richterveld via Sendelingsdrift. But the ferry is still closed.

Now in Springbok on the way to Upington and then Kuruman. I'll update the past day or two tonight.

andrevt
Town: sasolburg
Vehicle: raider d4d

Post by andrevt »

heinrich
great report we also had problems now at ruacana with the nam borderpost.....enjoy your trip
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4D 4x4
Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Traveler »

Tonight we find ourselves in Kuruman and tomorrow it is the odd 550km back home.

After plenty rain and wind on Monday and Tuesday evenings I can confirm that our Technitop is capable of withstanding loads of wet weather. What we did very interesting about our stay there was that people would camp outside the facility (town), but still drive/walk in and use the ablutions.

We left on Wednesday morning and took a leisurely drive to Springbok to top up some supplies. Drove via Soebatsfontein and the Wildeperdehoekspas and had our first opportunity for a trail where diff lock and Low range was really necessary; we drove down into a valley to go and see the old stone prison. The scenery was without comparison.

Got everything we needed at the brand new Spar and also used the opportunity to fill the little space available with diesel. After getting out of town and away from the crowds as soon as possible we headed towards Kammieskroon and entered the Namaqua park through the side gate again at Soebatsfontein. By this time we have been in and out the park in the preceding 3 days as you have to drive through the park to reach Hondeklipbaai.

Entering from this side was a good call and we ended up seeing plenty springbuck, oryx, red hartebees and rock hyrax.

Reception at the park is located in an old farm house but check in is efficient and friendly. We were told we cannot camp due to some problems but we were upgraded to one of the only four chalets at Skilpad. The chalets offer a breathtaking view from a ridge and you can see all the way to the Atlantic ocean. A more perfect ending to our trip could not have been. And we enjoyed two very chilly and windy days at our chalet enjoying the scenery, walking around the area and repacking all our crates and boxes. I also used the time to inspect the packing system to see how the slider had held up on mostly corrugated roads.

Also carried over pictures to my laptop and I have more than 700 pictures to share with you guys.

Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Traveler »

Looking back on this trip that is almost over here are a few things I've already determined for myself.

- Even though I reduced my amount of packing I can still cut back a bit
- Swopping my "standard" ratchet straps for 4ton straps was a brilliant move
- Keeping both tanks as full as possible with diesel goes a long way in providing safety margin for range
- Buying food as you go along makes packing much easier
- I can still pack less cooking utensils
- Nothing beats a good nights rest, upgrading the mattress in the RTT was an investment and rewards with relaxed sleeping
- The awning has gone from luxury to necessity
- I'll be adding lights to the awning
- Replacing the cigarette plugs with Brad Harisson plugs was best possible move. It is more robust and more reliable.
- I'm considering replacing the rear shocks with Cruiser spec shocks
- Do not trust your GPS too much
- Work in more buffer time into my travel and rest time
- Carry more cash, ATM's can be few and far in between
- I will invest in a roof rack
- I'll never leave my toolbox at home. It just makes little jobs so much easier when you have the right tools.
- You do not need to pack stacks of toys for the kids; they can play with rocks for hours.

ToyX4
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Ottosdal
Vehicle: Rocky's

Post by ToyX4 »

Nice report, Heinrich.
Can't wait to see the pics.

Drive home safe!
ImageImage
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

ToyX4 wrote:Nice report, Heinrich.
Can't wait to see the pics.

Drive home safe!
Ditto! :D:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Traveler »

Thanks Riaan, thanks Andy.

Today we still have to pass through Vryburg, Delareyville, Ottosdal, Klerkies, Potch and Vanderbijl before getting home.

Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

Not toooo far to go! :winkx:

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Traveler »

And home. :mrgreen:

Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

:thumbup: :thumbup: .....................

.............. now for the pics! :D:

ToyX4
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Ottosdal
Vehicle: Rocky's

Post by ToyX4 »

Jis Heinrich, jy ry by my plaas verby en jy stop nie eers nie!
ImageImage
Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Traveler »

ToyX4 wrote:Jis Heinrich, jy ry by my plaas verby en jy stop nie eers nie!
Sorry man Riaan. Ek is binnekort oppad Wollies toe om dinge uit te sorteer by ons tak. As jy tyd het kom val ek daar by jou in.

OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Traveler wrote:And home. :mrgreen:
Bly julle is veilig tuis :thumbup:
Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Traveler »

This is one picture telling most of our travels.
Attachments
IMG_0763.JPG

Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Re: Nambia, Richtersveld, West Coast, Namaqualand - adding p

Post by Traveler »

Pictures day One, Home to Oranjerus Upington
Attachments
IMG_0033.JPG
IMG_0046.JPG
IMG_0058.JPG
IMG_0076.JPG
IMG_0084.JPG

Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Traveler »

Day Two - Upington Oranjerus to Norotshama River Lodge, Namibia.
Attachments
IMG_0092.JPG
IMG_0095.JPG
IMG_0116.JPG
IMG_0259.JPG
IMG_0274.JPG
IMG_0276.JPG

Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Traveler »

Day Three - Norotshama River Lodge to Potjiespram Richtersveld National Park
Attachments
IMG_0327.JPG
IMG_0334.JPG
IMG_0344.JPG
IMG_0348.JPG
IMG_0369.JPG

Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Traveler »

Day Four - Potjiespram Camp to Hondeklipbaai
Attachments
IMG_0449.JPG
IMG_0468.JPG
IMG_0488.JPG
IMG_0512.JPG
IMG_0516.JPG
IMG_0571.JPG
IMG_0576.JPG

Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Traveler »

Some more Richtersveld pics
Attachments
IMG_0429.JPG
IMG_0434.JPG
IMG_0438.JPG
IMG_0446.JPG

Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Traveler »

Rest day at Hondeklipbaai
Attachments
IMG_0606.JPG
IMG_0609.JPG
IMG_0614.JPG
IMG_0620.JPG
This family came in to sleep over on their way north
This family came in to sleep over on their way north

Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Traveler »

Day Six - Hondeklipbaai to Namaqua National Park via Springbok

Driving I went via the old stone prison in the Wildeperdehoekspas. This prison is where they housed the prisoners who built the passes in the area. It is such a rough area that although some prisoners broke out they returned some days later to the prison because they could not survive in the area.
Attachments
IMG_0648.JPG
IMG_0650.JPG
IMG_0673.JPG
IMG_0678.JPG
IMG_0683.JPG
IMG_0703.JPG
IMG_0726.JPG
IMG_0744.JPG

Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Traveler »

Rest day at Namaqua National Park
Attachments
IMG_0752.JPG
IMG_0757.JPG

Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Traveler »

And this is what we return to Gauteng for.
:wth: :wth: :wth: :wth: :wth:
Attachments
IMG_0759.JPG

Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Some really great pics in there, Heinrich! The sunsets are sometimes absolutely amazing ... the stuff memories are made from! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing! ;-)

FUDGES
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: D4D 3.0l

Post by FUDGES »

Baie nice mnr H!!!

Ek sien jyt die 2.5 gery hoor max speed 159 ;-)
The Legend
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: 1994 2.2 4y 4x4 D/C Toyota Hi-Lux
Club VHF Licence: X93-

Post by The Legend »

Hi Heinrich

Jou fotos is baie mooi.Het dit beter gegaan met die terug kom slag deur die Namibie grenspos?
“A BAD DAYS FISHING IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAYS WORK”

“Do what you do so well, that the people that see you do it, will want to see you do it again,and will bring others to see you do it”
Fred79
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Kent UK
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux Icon 2.4

Post by Fred79 »

Baie nice man! Daai is darem 'n mooi deel van die wereld waar jy gery het. En daai bakkie van jou lyk ook sommer baie mooi :thumbup:
Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Traveler »

Andy the new Canon Powershot did a great job. And the change in colours during sunrise and sunset took my breath away.

AJ, ja jong die 2.5 se bene kan lank gerek word as dit nodig is.

Lollie die terugkom het gladnie sleg geloop nie. Maar weereens het die ZA personeel my absoluut verstom. Hulle was werklik hulpvaardig en besonders vriendelik; wie sou dit kon glo? Die Nam personeel drink my nou die ZA norspille. Maar wees verseker die land is mooi genoeg om die nors en grimmigheid by die grenspos meer as die moeite werd te maak.

Dankie Frikkie, projek Dreadnought is byna afgehandel.

FUDGES
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: D4D 3.0l

Post by FUDGES »

H hoe oud is jou laaitjie?
Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Traveler »

Hy is 3 oor 3 weke.

ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

nog nie eens my bakkie klaar afgepak nie, en die fotos maak my lus om sommer net weer terug te gaan .....

sal later my fotos hier by sit.
Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Traveler »

Praat so afpak, magties dit vat LANK om heeltemal uit en af te pak.

Kon dit nog nooit so lekker verstaan na selfs 'n lang naweek nie.

Hilux01
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Secunda
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 3.0D4-D dc 4x4
Club VHF Licence: X85

Post by Hilux01 »

Dankie Heinrich

Lyk na nog n "legendary" trip. Moet verseker nog die Richtersveld gaan besoek!
2013 Toyota Hilux 3.0D4-D dc 4x4
Bush Lapa Miskruier 810
Gerbers Alu Canopy
ORRA Call Sign: X85
swartvark
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Gordons Bay
Vehicle: SFA HiLEX V8; Suzuki GSF1200s Bandit

Post by swartvark »

STUNNING!!!!!!
STUNNING!!!!!!
STUNNING!!!!!!

My laaste trip Richterveld toe was 'n gevloek en skel agv die ou 4Y wat nie teen die bulte kon uit oppie teerpad nie.
Kannie wag om die agtprop op die langpad te vat nie.......nou kan die Vark ook 160km/h hardloop.....................teen 'n prys!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Baie mooi fotos.....baie dankie. :thumbup:
MUD........GLORIOUS MUD!!!!!

Your friendly VW salesperson......(with a passion for SFA Hiluxes)

NEED A CAR?
talk2tiaan@gmail.com
andrevt
Town: sasolburg
Vehicle: raider d4d

Post by andrevt »

dis baie great
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4D 4x4
Rebel 4x4
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2020 Toyota Fortuner GD-6 4x4 Auto

Post by Rebel 4x4 »

Sal 'n mens hierdie trip in 'n 4x2 ook kan doen?
Sent from my iPhone
Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Traveler »

Thanks guys. An absolute dream journey.

Ek het op die roete slegs 4L ingespan met ewenaarslot om tot by die ou tronk te ry en weet uit terug.

So in teorie kan jy meeste dele van hierdie roete aanpak. Ek sal netnie die Lekkersing en Wolfberg paaie aanvat met 'n 4x2 nie. Daardie grondpaaie kan jou vakansie in 'n onbeplande avontuur verander as jy vassit in die sand. Daar was 'n verhaal in die Wegry van so paar maande gelede wat 'n egpaar se vakansie lelik skeefgeloop het toe hulle 4x2 Navara in sand vasgeval het. Dit het gelei tot 2 dae se uitputting en blootstelling.

Return to “Trip Reports”